Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

we will never beat the French

Search this Thread

Old 07 June 2004, 11:44 PM
dba
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default we will never beat the French

My 9 yr old son is not allowed to play football with a full sized football,none of the kids in the junior school are,something to do with injuries

however,they can play with an airball,that is only just bigger than a tennis ball (and cricket? you are having a laugh,the bat is made of rubber and resembles a rounders bat,in fact,i think it is one)

What utter pc crap.The French are nurturing young sportsman and take them into sports academies,we wrap them in cotton wool and give them dog toys to play with.

there was an arguement against snowballs,alhtough i didnt agree with that either,but this is just nonsense

anyway,common the French,i want you to win to teach the head a lesson

VIVE LA FRENCH!!!
Old 07 June 2004, 11:51 PM
Daz34
Scooby Regular

I thought one of the reasons we are ****e is that we played as kids with full size ***** where as in Franch, Brazil etc the ball grows as the kids do
Old 07 June 2004, 11:55 PM
dba
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Daz34
I thought one of the reasons we are ****e is that we played as kids with full size ***** where as in Franch, Brazil etc the ball grows as the kids do

its an airball,kick the ****er as hard as you like and it moves 3 inches,good point though.I they were allowed at least a tennis ball i could live with it,at least they could learn some skills and could enjoy a game

VIVE LE FRENCH!!
Old 08 June 2004, 12:02 AM
Daz34
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dba
its an airball,kick the ****er as hard as you like and it moves 3 inches,good point though.I they were allowed at least a tennis ball i could live with it,at least they could learn some skills and could enjoy a game

VIVE LE FRENCH!!
100 boys chasing a tennis ball oh fond memories. I think I got to kick it once.
Old 08 June 2004, 12:06 AM
Buckrogers
Scooby Regular

We are never going beat the French, not with our solid defence.....or lack of.
Old 08 June 2004, 12:22 AM
Poor Guy
Scooby Regular

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, school football. just managed to get that pleasure before his PC crap.
Steven Ficken used to bring his big bros knacked old football to school where about 9million kids used to swarm around it. Cuppies in break time, those were the days.

OH OH, and British Bulldog that game feckin rocked! 100 kids charging across a play ground, dinnerladies getting caught in the carnage. Smashed my nose up once playing that (thank you Stephan Cook!) Those were the bloody days
Old 08 June 2004, 01:49 AM
Dazza01
Scooby Regular

Smile

My 9 yr old son is not allowed to play football with a full sized football,none of the kids in the junior school are,something to do with injuries

My lad whose 12 plays and there only allowed a size 4 ball
Old 08 June 2004, 08:06 AM
STi-Frenchie
Scooby Regular

Ahh...see thing here where I'm living is that the french schools don't have sports per se on the cirriculum. Yeah, sure, swimming, fencing, and skiing but there aren't any football or rugby teams. So, we take them to sports grounds instead and sign them up with the sporting association where they get proper training sesions, join the club and participate in the leagues and tournaments. Almost every reasonably sized community (1,000+ inhabitants) has some kind of sporting grounds - and there's none of that PC crap associated with it - each kid is licenced and insured, no molly-coddling here mate - last weekend's match saw the poor goalkeeper on the opposing side get his hand broken. It's a tough old game !
Old 08 June 2004, 08:08 AM
+Doc+
Scooby Senior

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

In Football, Englands recored against France is 23 wins agains 7 wins for France
Old 08 June 2004, 08:18 AM
dba
Scooby Regular

well,here ya go

I mean ,come on,ffs
Old 08 June 2004, 09:38 AM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

We used to have to use those to play cricket to avoid broken windows. We used to wrap them in insulating tape to cover the holes up, used to go a lot quicker after that, but still light enough not to do too much damage!
Old 08 June 2004, 09:51 AM
angrynorth
Scooby Regular

Them things hurt like **** if you get one booted into the face. Like a proper slap on the cheek. Worse than a real football because at least you don't feel quite so girly going to ground.
Old 08 June 2004, 10:00 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

It's true how we don't nurture or promote sport in schools. PE has been cut to about 30 mins a week compulsory. The kids aren't allowed to play in the playgrounds.

also

In country's like Australia where they actively encourage kids to take up all sports and become good as well as breeding a winning mentality. In this country they are now fixing it so nobody 'loses' a game of whatever I mean come on FFS sport teaches a lot of life lessons about how to achieve something through application and effort as well as how to accept and deal with disappointment. I went to the Headingley test on Saturday. At lunch all the young kids come onto the pitch and play mini games. In front of us was a young Asian lad who was brilliant. He was knocking each ball into the crowd for a 6. The thing was because he was so good he had about 4 shots and then they took the bat off him for one of the other kids to have a go..... they then had about 20 chances to hit the thing. It just struck me of typical of this country that he was being penalised for being good.
Old 08 June 2004, 10:07 AM
dba
Scooby Regular

yep,sports days are no longer that,they have banned any individual competetive activity
Old 08 June 2004, 10:35 AM
Jay m A
Scooby Regular

Location: Class record holder at Pembrey Llandow Goodwood MIRA Hethel Blyton Curborough Lydden and Snetterton
Cool

Hey, this is in the school playground, not little league.

LOL I don't think the gulf in national football between England and France were a direct result of playground policy 2 decades ago.

However, junior football development has come on leaps and bounds over the last decade.

I agree that competitive sport should be encouraged in schools, but only with correct tuition - which isn't available at playtime.

Last edited by Jay m A; 08 June 2004 at 10:40 AM.
Old 08 June 2004, 01:50 PM
Andrew Dixon
Scooby Regular

Why is this anything to do with 'political correctness'?! Surely it's all about the modern claims culture ... schools simply can't afford to get insurance to cover the potential cost liabilities resulting from injuries to kids!
Old 08 June 2004, 02:58 PM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

Here in Germany everyone has to have medical insurance and Public liability insurance so if you hurt/break something/someone or vice versa your covered, maybe the UK should start doing this. It seems that the UK is becoming more litigation oriented so it might not be a bd idea to get insurance for every eventuality.
Old 08 June 2004, 03:49 PM
dba
Scooby Regular

who cares whether you call it claims culture or pc,its bollocks either way.Have heads not heard of sponge *****?
Old 08 June 2004, 07:18 PM
Nick
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry

British primary schools are crap, like no hot cross buns in case they offend someone, no home made cakes at the school fete & no team sports in case someone looses for christsakes. They however teach 6 year olds about the **** concentration camps & the WW2 blitz. Yes, thats 6 years old, the age when they think emotionally, not rationally. Our little girl cried at nights for 2 weeks after that one! The UK in 20 years is going to be the biggest pile of *. The only chance for the kiddies is private schools. grrr.
Old 08 June 2004, 07:49 PM
dba
Scooby Regular

I sat next to a teacher at a wedding recently,and she reckons the heads have a lot of leeway,its not really the law/Government etc,its just the heads getting all arsey,some heads are fine,they let the kids play football as an example in her school

VIVA LA FRANCAIS!!!!!!