Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Need help finding the registration of a car to find the owner!!

Search this Thread

Old 01 June 2004, 11:15 AM
little miss fire
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help finding the registration of a car to find the owner!!

Got run off the road on Sunday by a Ford Focus. Has bent the track arm on my Golf and possibly broken the steering rack. Obviously I want to track the W***ER who was driving this car, as he has possibly caused in excess of £1,000 damage, that I am now going to have to pay for.

We stopped to check the car as soon as this had happened, as it was not right (obviously not with a bent track arm!) and the Bast**d didn't stop. Tried to catch him, but he did disappeared.

This happened in the Soham/Stretham area of Cambridgeshire, so any friendly coppers out there who may be able to help, please PM me if you would rather. He should be charged with dangerous driving, as if I had of been driving, I wouldn't have been able to hold the car on the grass verge, and would have ended up in the ditch that was getting ever so close! My other half, Andy, deserves a medal for keeping us both alive, and minimal damage to my Golf. Cheers babes, love you.

All the information I have is that it's a black ford focus, V402 ???.
Old 01 June 2004, 11:19 AM
r32
Scooby Regular

Did you report it to the Police?
Old 01 June 2004, 11:20 AM
little miss fire
Scooby Regular

r32

Sure did, but they were about as good as a chocolate fire guard!!! Not interested at all. Just gave me a reference number in case I have to claim on my insurance.
Old 01 June 2004, 12:51 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

lmf

Small world.....

I used to live there !!!

Mart
Old 01 June 2004, 01:01 PM
Kevin Mc
Scooby Regular

Surely there can't be that many Focus's with the reg starting V402 in that area (or even in the UK for that matter) - you'd have thought it wouldn't be too hard for the police to come up with a (very short) shortlist. Suppose it's the manpower to follow it up.

May be worth posting on http://www.5ive-o.com/web/index.php (Police forum)

Good luck.
Old 01 June 2004, 01:19 PM
little miss fire
Scooby Regular

Thanks Kevin Mc, I have posted a thread on there. Lets hope someone can help.
Old 01 June 2004, 03:12 PM
scoobybitch
Scooby Regular

Someone clipped my car a few weeks back and drove off, managed to drive after her and get her to stop and got her reg etc. but I still reported it to the police and they gave me an incident number and told me if any details were incorrect to go into the station and they would pull all the correct details off the relevant systems and also use me as a witness to hit and run/leaving the scene of an accident if I wanted to prosecute. They should help you out as they get an esy prosecution out of it. It just depends on who you get to speak to at the time.
Old 01 June 2004, 03:36 PM
Dazza01
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by little miss fire
r32

Sure did, but they were about as good as a chocolate fire guard!!! Not interested at all. Just gave me a reference number in case I have to claim on my insurance.

You should have said somebody was injured in the accident then they have to follow it up
Old 01 June 2004, 05:08 PM
speedking
Scooby Regular

You could start by checking something like RAC vehicle check. Look for V402 xXX where XX is the code for Cambs, sorry don't know what that is for the 'old' style registrations. This is only 22 registrations. However to ensure it wasn't a non-local you need to check every letter combination = 10648 combinations. Unless there was some distinguishing feature (towbar, stickers, custom bits?). Best chance is if you see the car again. Then you need to find the address

Even if you find a likely car there is no damage to that vehicle (?), how will you ever prove anything? You can't check alibies etc. A lost cause I'm afraid. The police recognise this which is why they have only given you a crime number.

<devils advocate> Someone crashes. Mentions a half remembered registration of a local car in the hope of saving no claims bonus. </devil's advocate> Not suggesting that this is what happened here, but you can see how some might try it on.

Good luck with the insurance claim.
Old 01 June 2004, 06:27 PM
Shark
Scooby Regular

I think you can write to DVLA and pay a fee, and they give you the details, provided you have a valid reason for wanting them.

Sounds like you have to me !

Try their website.

David
Old 01 June 2004, 09:19 PM
f1
Scooby Regular

Location: yeah like ~I'm gonna put it on here and tell you !!!!

shot in the dark, they're not likely to admit it but FFOC ???? you never know.
Old 02 June 2004, 08:46 AM
little miss fire
Scooby Regular

Thanks all. I'll find out today whether or not it has knackered the steering rack. I've kinda given up of finding this bloke, unless I see him on the road again. It's a route my other half takes on his way home from work everyday, and it's a fen road so you would only use it if you know the area. Hopefully we'll see the car again and get the reg number this time!!!!