Advice required re vandalism

Search this Thread

Old 09 May 2004, 08:59 PM
tiggers
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice required re vandalism

OK SN, help me out here will you?

At the back of my house are some garages that are privately owned. Trouble is the local *******, sorry kids, use this place as a general meeting zone and place to hang out which I guess is OK. Trouble is recently a group of 14/15 year olds have taken to vandalising the fencing of the adjoining properties including ours and running through the gardens kicking over plant pots etc.

It has got so bad that I have this weekend had to replace the fence due to the old one having been practically destroyed by these *******. I have replaced it with a far more sturdy effort in the hope that it will resist any damage they try and inflict.

It had not been installed 2 hours when I heard them hitting it with a large metal pipe that someone had kindly left lying around the garage complex. I went out and told them to stop which they did, then ten minutes later they're back running through the garden. My wife who was at the front of the house accosted them and they gave her a load of verbal. I then lost it and chased them for about 1 mile which nearly killed me as I'm not fit and I didn't catch up with which was fortunate as I swear I would have murdered one of them if I had any breath left of course

My wife then rang the police who were of course too busy to come out - funny that they weren't too busy to be manning the f**king speed trap on the main road near my house earlier today.

So advice please as to what measures I can take. Can I put up some trip wires, barbed wire on the fence? What's the law on these sort of things. Waht anount of force can I use if I do get my hands on them? If the police won't do anything then I'll do their job for them, but I need to know the legalities of the situation.

Thanks in advance,

tiggers.
Old 09 May 2004, 09:04 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

My wife then rang the police who were of course too busy to come out - funny that they weren't too busy to be manning the f**king speed trap on the main road near my house earlier today.
What a disgrace. Get Labour out, and let's get a proper 'law and order' party back in control. It's just this kind of low level anti-social crime that needs clamping down on. Feel for you mate.

UB
Old 09 May 2004, 09:09 PM
Corgi
Scooby Regular

This sort of thing is a real pain in the @rse, climbing roses all over your fence is much nicer than barbed wire and has the same effect if not better and a nice big dog would come in handy.
Old 09 May 2004, 09:16 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

tiggs
what you should have done was invited them in for a cup of tea,

left you wallet, tv and video lying around, and then sent them on there merry way,,

a quick phone call to accidents are us and a few bouts of councilling later, you would have seen how misguided you were and how your biggoted misunderstandings of these badly misunderstood youths has corrupted your post...

and then you would have become a statisitic in the ever increasing crap that we are being told to put up with...

ask the numpty blair what would have happened if these ******* had done the same stunt at N0. 10???

pretty soon its going to become a messys status and the person who brought it all in (N010)!!!!! will dissapear with lame spin and it was there policys crap...

eventually common sense will prevail and the use of reasonable force will become the norm.... and there will be a few sorry chavs & *******!!!!

trouble is how high a profile person will it need to be for the message to sink in???

give him his bloody nose at the upcoming elections...

mart

Last edited by mart360; 09 May 2004 at 09:18 PM.
Old 09 May 2004, 09:28 PM
ajm
Scooby Regular

I would advise CCTV if you can stretch to it. They put it up in the town where I live in the "hang-out" areas, and whilst it hasn't solved the root problem, it has made the little oiks move elsewhere.
Old 09 May 2004, 09:33 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why not coat the fence in dog poo, might put them off

Lurk behind the fence in a full 'Predator' costume, ready to pounce.

Mount a big 800 watt security light on a pole a good few feet up and play helicopter noises thru your stereo.

Leave your Scoob round there, whilst they are wrecking it they will leave the fence alone.

Take them some beer round, win their trust, get them on your side, covertly take mugshots of each one.

Track them down one by one and murder them
Old 09 May 2004, 09:33 PM
farmer1
Scooby Regular

Next time you phone tell them that you have your rifle waiting, the police will soon move.

Alternatively find another group of 15 year old lads to beet the crap out of them.

Sorry but being a "youth" I see people like this everyday. If you try and be nice to them, they will just laugh at you and you will become a bigger target.

If you get them scared they will leave you alone.

If you over step the mark your life will be made hell.

Trending Topics

Old 09 May 2004, 09:39 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

If you get them scared they will leave you alone.

If you over step the mark your life will be made hell.
A condradiction surely? How can you over step the mark. If you 'under step' the mark your life might be made hell, but who the f**k is in charge? Not some lamer scroates that's for sure.
Old 09 May 2004, 09:46 PM
farmer1
Scooby Regular

A condradiction surely? How can you over step the mark. If you 'under step' the mark your life might be made hell, but who the f**k is in charge? Not some lamer scroates that's for sure.
What I mean is he has to scare them but not by beating 6 bells out of one of them because they will just get more people there ot there daddy down.

Because of the way society is today, I think you will find that the lamer scroates are in charge. Who are the ones having a laugh and getting away with it? Who are the ones paying the price?
Old 09 May 2004, 09:51 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Talking

Because of the way society is today, I think you will find that the lamer scroates are in charge.
Really? Send them to me.... Let's put it to the test....

Last edited by unclebuck; 09 May 2004 at 10:03 PM.
Old 09 May 2004, 09:52 PM
tiggers
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the replies so far. Before we go any further whether it's Blair's fault or not is irrelevant - I need a slightly quicker fix than waiting for the next election plus I don't think it'll solve aything, but that's just my opinion.

ajm, your idea is the best so far and I can run to it so I think that will be a good move.

Anyone know if it is legal to put barbed wire on my fence or not. Might be a quick fix for some of the problem.

tiggers.
Old 09 May 2004, 09:56 PM
farmer1
Scooby Regular

Yes it is legal to put barbed wire on your fence, but you must put a warning sign on your fence to say it is there or else you can be sued.
Old 09 May 2004, 10:00 PM
tiggers
Scooby Regular

Thanks farmer1 - it will be installed by the middle of the week - it's a start.
Old 09 May 2004, 10:17 PM
supertouring
Scooby Regular

Do you know anyone with a vicious dog that you could borrow for a few weeks?
Old 09 May 2004, 10:33 PM
Big Col
Scooby Regular

get a fake CCTV camera and stick up a 'you are being watched' sign on your back fence.
Old 09 May 2004, 10:33 PM
tiggers
Scooby Regular

Unfortunately not - my mate has a couple of German Shepherds, but they're as soft as anything - probably just make friends with the *******
Old 09 May 2004, 11:35 PM
lightning101
Scooby Regular

Nail one of the ****ers to the fence 'a la jesus christ', with a sign round this neck saying (leave my ****in fence alone). May at least get someones attention.
Old 09 May 2004, 11:39 PM
Mice_Elf
Scooby Regular

Friend of mine had this trouble so took to creosoting the fence every night. Nice and legal and they stopped climbing it / leaning on it / beinng around it for fear of getting it on their clothes.

Similarly when I lived at my old house, there was a play area at the back of the houses and every time the ball was kicked over the trees, they would squeeze through, trample all over the flower beds to get to their ball and then do the same going back. A 2 minute walk and they could have come in through the gate... So I planted a couple of blackberry bushes in the corners and roses along the hedgeline. Soon stopped them.
Old 09 May 2004, 11:41 PM
imlach
Scooby Regular

Recently put up CCTV - PC based system (Geovision), and works a treat. Records 24/7, but with motion detection (variable threshold) so doesn't use too much HD space. Mine is running on a dedicated PC with 160Gb drive, but even with 3 months of recordings, still got 80Gb left.....you can set it to discard anything over a set time(ie, a month), but with such a huge harddrive, not used that setting yet!

Running it with 2 x Sony 480 line colour cameras, which each have 15 IR illuminators for nighttime (switches automatically to b&w at night). They're fully waterproof (can use them up to 10m deep I think!). Range at night is supposedly 20m vision, but difficult to tell as house is semi-lit by streetlights anyway.

Works a treat. The software comes with a webserver too, so you can view it remotely at work, look at activity logs, review previous footage, get rung up/SMSed if something happens etc etc etc.

You do need a sign up though saying CCTV monitoring is going on.
Old 09 May 2004, 11:52 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Friend of mine had this trouble so took to creosoting the fence every night. Nice and legal and they stopped climbing it / leaning on it / beinng around it for fear of getting it on their clothes.
Mice, that is great advice. Much better than mine. I think it could be a solution to tiggers problem.

All the best

UB
Old 10 May 2004, 09:11 AM
Brit_in_Japan
Scooby Regular

This may sound incredibly naiive, but can you get their names and addresses and go to speak to their parents ? If the parents have no control then you're onto a loser. But you might find that they have no idea what's going on, are embarressed about it and will actually do something. Just tell them straight forwardly what's been going on, ask them how they would deal with it if the same was happening to them. If you can get even a couple of kids to stop behaving like they are then the problem is reduced.

Maybe worth a shot and costs nothing.
Old 10 May 2004, 09:23 AM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I liked the advice given last time when someone had this problem... invite them in for a bodybuilding photography contest, with a knowing smile... you'll probably never see them again.