Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Funds from Visa to Switch?

Search this Thread

Old 09 May 2004, 09:42 PM
Ch!lledBudwei2er
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Funds from Visa to Switch?

Anyone have any ideas on how I could get my credit from my visa onto my switch card? Need it to pay for car goods and the lad doesnt do paypal which would have used the visa, so Im now in a little bit of a dilema!
Old 09 May 2004, 09:51 PM
Nick
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ch!lledBudwei2er
Anyone have any ideas on how I could get my credit from my visa onto my switch card? Need it to pay for car goods and the lad doesnt do paypal which would have used the visa, so Im now in a little bit of a dilema!
Well your Switch card is your bank current account, but you knew that, right? If you were really wanting to draw on credit from the cc, then you'd need to write a credit card cheque & pay it into your bank, or draw the cash from a cash machine using your cc & then pay the cash into your bank account. Either way, you'll be hit for cash advance charges & pay interest immediately.

If he can take switch, why can't he take visa cards? Seems odd. You should note that you wouldn't have the same chargeback rights if you use a Switch than if you used your cc.
Old 09 May 2004, 09:55 PM
Ch!lledBudwei2er
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Nick
Well your Switch card is your bank current account, but you knew that, right? If you were really wanting to draw on credit from the cc, then you'd need to write a credit card cheque & pay it into your bank, or draw the cash from a cash machine using your cc & then pay the cash into your bank account. Either way, you'll be hit for cash advance charges & pay interest immediately.

If he can take switch, why can't he take visa cards? Seems odd. You should note that you wouldn't have the same chargeback rights if you use a Switch than if you used your cc.
You cant do a bank transfer via visa so it will have to be a switch card. I have the positive amount in the visa, not trying to take money out that I will have to pay back if you know what I mean?
Old 10 May 2004, 08:43 AM
Nick
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ch!lledBudwei2er
You cant do a bank transfer via visa so it will have to be a switch card. I have the positive amount in the visa, not trying to take money out that I will have to pay back if you know what I mean?
OK, I assumed that you wanted to pay by Switch. Why not just say you wanted to make a bank transfer?

So you have a negative credit balance on your visa card? If so, you can call your cc company & ask them to write you a cheque for the balance they owe you. They will take about 1 week, you can then pay the money in to your bank account. This is only for a negative credit balance, i.e they owe you money.
Old 10 May 2004, 09:57 AM
SiDHEaD
Scooby Regular

My online CC account with MBNA allows me to do balance transfers to my bank acc.