Search this Thread

Old 29 April 2004, 05:54 PM
imlach
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cat poisoning - what sicko does this

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/ed...m?id=484732004

Sad. A slow & painful death too
Didn't realise the sentence was so high - 6 months in prison and/or £5000.
Hope they catch someone.

Last edited by imlach; 29 April 2004 at 06:03 PM.
Old 29 April 2004, 06:00 PM
Franx
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Originally Posted by imlach
6 months in prison and/or £5000...
Quite right too.
Both'd be better
Sick tw@t...
Old 29 April 2004, 06:01 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Its an awful thing to read about Imlach, but I bet you'll find some cat haters around who would see nothing wrong in it.

Les
Old 29 April 2004, 06:07 PM
corvid
Scooby Regular

5000 quid for a £5 cat??

Its a cat ffs!
Old 29 April 2004, 06:21 PM
imlach
Scooby Regular

...and babies are free, but I bet you wouldn't say the same thing
Old 29 April 2004, 06:22 PM
Franx
Scooby Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by corvid
5000 quid for a £5 cat??

Its a cat ffs!
6 cats - 35 quid then?

Not sure that's quite the way to look at it though....
He's still a sick tw@t.
Old 29 April 2004, 06:27 PM
ProperCharlie
Scooby Regular

i always thought cats were free.
Old 29 April 2004, 06:31 PM
EvoBarry
Scooby Regular

I hope they do catch the <swearing deleted>s who did that before the owners do, cos I wouldn't be responsible for my actions if I caught someone poisoning my cats.

They might be *just* cats to some of you lot, but they are loved pets to someone else, me included and I'd happily smack some cvnt in the face if I saw him laying poison down. No worries whatsoever.
Old 29 April 2004, 06:32 PM
SyHightower
Scooby Regular

dont like cats myself, but thats sick. i find that they dont bother me if i keep away from them, is this sicko to thick to understand that?
Old 29 April 2004, 06:38 PM
Mice_Elf
Scooby Regular

I can't see anywhere in the article that SPECIFICALLY states that whomever is putting down the poison is doing it to harm cats. They MAY be attempting to poison rats.

Either way, it's a pretty sick thing to do and I hope that if it is deliberate, then they are prosecuted and fined heavily.

Sick arstards.
Old 29 April 2004, 06:43 PM
-=Buzz=-
Scooby Regular

and babies are free
Muahahahah!

I'll stop feeding mand clothing my 4 year old until he gets a job then, and tell him "I read it on Scoobynet, son!"
Old 29 April 2004, 07:03 PM
eClaire
Scooby Regular

sick bastids
Old 29 April 2004, 07:13 PM
Dutch Scooby lover
Scooby Regular

If all the cat lovers would keep there pets to themselves this wouldnt be a problem.

But no, when they go of to work/coffey etc the cat is tossed outside left to its own so it will do its things (eat, **** f*ck) .

Thats fine if they would do that on the owners land, but as a cat generally has no sense of ownership it ****s (and the rest) in the neighbors garden.

If u see a dog owner letting his dog **** in your garden youre going to say something.
With a cat the owner isnt generally around so if its a cat ill meter out my own justice,after consulting the owner of said cat for a solution.

If you see a guy nicking your wheels you kick him in the nads, if i see a cat nicking my fish im gonna kick its ***

Last edited by Dutch Scooby lover; 29 April 2004 at 07:16 PM.
Old 29 April 2004, 07:31 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

thats one point

its possible that all the cats ate sumthing that wasnt made to kill them tho
Old 29 April 2004, 09:24 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh here we go, a cat thread, counting down the minutes until this gets locked.

Two Schools of thought,

1/ Scoobynet animal lovers who rise to the bait EVERY time

2/ Those who bait 1, they are the master baiters.
Old 29 April 2004, 11:16 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

LOL...Well, this is a thread about baiting
Old 29 April 2004, 11:21 PM
Sith
Scooby Regular

The sick bastids who may have put rat poison down. I hope they get locked up, the sicko's trying to kill ratties. Loveable furry critters are ratties.
Stuff the cats. They eat and kill lot's of birds and mice, frogs, toads etc.
Old 30 April 2004, 06:52 AM
ajm
Scooby Regular

"They couldn’t stand up. Their pupils went right to the corner [of their eyes] and every vertebrae in their bodies were completely stiff.
Sounds like strychnine (or a variant) from the symptoms - a typical rat poison. How about this for a scenario:-

1) Someone poisons rats
2) Cats eat rats

But no, it couldn't be that at all, it must be a "sick ****" who takes pride in his garden mustn't it.

Guilty or not, its a shame negligent owners cause people enough misery for there even to be a motive to kill their pets.
Old 30 April 2004, 09:07 AM
kevin stanton
Scooby Regular

just as bad as this one in the lincoln echo paper

http://www.thisislincolnshire.co.uk/...tentPK=9727358
Old 30 April 2004, 09:14 AM
Jye
Scooby Regular

Angry

Dutch Scooby Owner, dog owners are just as bad, most never pick up their dogs sh*t as they should do and many just kick their dogs out to fend for themselves rather than walk them. Wake up and smell the dog sh*t m8.

For the record I would severly pummel anyone who harms for fun any animal or domestic pet.

People who are cruel to pets are cowardly twisted sicko's who soon progress to getting their kicks out of huring people next.
Old 30 April 2004, 10:34 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I wonder what your solution is then Dutch Scooby etc. Should we all give our cats special training not to roam and put little signs up for them to tell them not to trespass in certain places? If you come up with an edict you should at least tell us how to do it!

You cannot dictate to a cat where to or not to go, they are free spirits for goodness sake. And to keep them locked indoors would be alien to their nature and cruel.

If you don't like them in your space then chase them off, but to lay poison for them is a shameful thing to do. I hear that a few of the old fashioned moth ***** scattered around the garden keeps them away without harming them.

Les
Old 30 April 2004, 10:38 AM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That is sick and horrible I really do hope they catch them and they eventually suffer when they die

Cat's cost about £40 - £50 these days BTW (not that it matters)
Old 30 April 2004, 01:10 PM
ajm
Scooby Regular

You cannot dictate to a cat where to or not to go, they are free spirits for goodness sake. And to keep them locked indoors would be alien to their nature and cruel.
I have explained this many times before so I'm not going to labour the point but they are not "free spirits" they are domestic animals and as such should not be released free into the environment. If keeping them indoors or under control is alien to their nature then they are not suitable pets.

Releasing non indigenous animals uncontrolled into the environment is illegal, and I'm sure that some cats skate dangerously close to being defined as "uncontrolled"!

Mothballs (napthalene) only really works in confined spaces such as cupboards or attic space. I havn't found an effective scent based deterrant yet. Lion/tiger droppings are the only one I havn't tried and there is a waiting list for the damn stuff at Longleat - what does that tell you?
Old 30 April 2004, 01:30 PM
SiPie
Scooby Regular

they are domestic animals and as such should not be released free into the environment.
Am I missing something here...?

I thought cats were classed as wild animals

ie. If you knock a dog down in a road accident then you've got to report it, (did this through no fault of my own ...twas horrible BTW) but a cat does not need to be reported.

Not stiring anything just genuinely thought that they were wild
Old 30 April 2004, 01:47 PM
Faire D'Income
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ajm
I have explained this many times before so I'm not going to labour the point but they are not "free spirits" they are domestic animals and as such should not be released free into the environment. If keeping them indoors or under control is alien to their nature then they are not suitable pets.

Releasing non indigenous animals uncontrolled into the environment is illegal, and I'm sure that some cats skate dangerously close to being defined as "uncontrolled"!

Mothballs (napthalene) only really works in confined spaces such as cupboards or attic space. I havn't found an effective scent based deterrant yet. Lion/tiger droppings are the only one I havn't tried and there is a waiting list for the damn stuff at Longleat - what does that tell you?
Unfortunately, cats are classed as wild animals and therefore the owner has no responsibility for their control which is unfortunate as they can be a real menace not only randomly ****ting everywhere but also destroying wildlife.

I'm not a cat fan although we have one, much preferring dogs which make an excellent deterrent if you don't like cats but the cat brigade much prefer to blame 'irresponsible dog owners' for much of the ills that cats also cause.
Old 30 April 2004, 01:48 PM
Jye
Scooby Regular

Wink

So ajm, should all dog owners be forced to keep dogs indoors? As there is no way you can ensure that dog owners will keep their dogs on a leash and lift their turds, I guess dogs should also be considered unsuitable pets? There are more dogs and dog ****e where I stay than cats btw. So, as dogs in most cases are far more dangerous than cats I reckon the real problem in this country is stray dogs and the millions of selfish dog owners who refuse to look after their 'pets' and lift their crap.

And exactly what pet is indigenous to the UK I might ask? Dogs sure aint, they are man made, from the selective breeding of a fair few few doggy ancestors including wolves.

Wild cats though are indigenous to the UK, perhaps I'll get some of those just to shut you up

Last edited by Jye; 30 April 2004 at 01:50 PM.
Old 30 April 2004, 01:53 PM
Jye
Scooby Regular

BTW well said Bob.
Old 30 April 2004, 02:20 PM
soup dragon
Scooby Regular

Wink

Originally Posted by Leslie
I wonder what your solution is then Dutch Scooby etc. Should we all give our cats special training not to roam and put little signs up for them to tell them not to trespass in certain places? If you come up with an edict you should at least tell us how to do it!

If you don't like them in your space then chase them off, but to lay poison for them is a shameful thing to do. I hear that a few of the old fashioned moth ***** scattered around the garden keeps them away without harming them.

Les
I must admit I hate cats but admit the poisoning is a bit strong, how about before the owners lanch em out the door, they should ram a cork up its chuffer and staple its mouth shut, perfectly humane I think you will agree, then they cant sh*t everywhere and eat peoples fish and attack poor innocent rats and birds, and when they gang up on poor defensless squirrels, well thats just bang out of order. I saw a gang of these feline peasants giving it large to a poor little baby otter the other night, well out of order. No corks or staples to be seen, if the owners had taken the advise I have given above, this otter could have gone home happy, instead he took a rite kicking, was gonna step in but these were some mean looking flea transporters

Edited again to say, did anyone see The Jerk on telly last night, the bit with the Cat Juggling...Quality!!!!

Last edited by soup dragon; 30 April 2004 at 02:39 PM.
Old 30 April 2004, 02:26 PM
Jye
Scooby Regular

lol

Quick Reply: cat poisoning - what sicko does this