Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Just had a right dressing down from the boss man

Search this Thread

Old 28 April 2004, 11:20 AM
BishopDevious
Scooby Regular

Location: Dancing on my intercooler saying 'owch'. Paint me pink and spank my ar$e, GIVE ME CURRY AND MILK
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Just had a right dressing down from the boss man

Im a director of the company I work for. I dont own it but I have spent a massive part of my life for the last ten years turning it round from falling down the plug hole.

Today I have a couple of clients comming to see me. The main man picks his this time to give me a complete b***lking for something I didnt do when these two clients walk in. What they must think I dont know.

I have never ever felt as pissed off about work as I am now. I was so close to telling him to stick it. As it is I think I will start to look for another job.

The top boss isnt as bad as most but grrrrrr I AM SO MAD!

Sorry to rant but theres no one I here I can talk to about this.
Old 28 April 2004, 11:35 AM
ozzy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd give him a bo!!ocking of his own for being so unprofessional in front of clients
Old 28 April 2004, 11:40 AM
Jye
Scooby Regular

What did you say to him at the time then? I'd have been asking for an apology for his outburst right there and then in front of said clients. The last time anyone tried this sort of crap with me I had him grovelling for forgiveness for months after. Take this as far as you need to to get satisfaction as this sort of behaviour is ripe for your company grievance procedures.
Old 28 April 2004, 12:12 PM
BishopDevious
Scooby Regular

Location: Dancing on my intercooler saying 'owch'. Paint me pink and spank my ar$e, GIVE ME CURRY AND MILK
Thumbs up Cheers fellas, reading your comments has made me feel a lot better!

Cheers fellas. A few years ago I would have violently over reacted and I came pretty close today. My exGF took me to anger management classes and I am a bit chilled out now. Couldnt have bottled it up all day, safe to say scooby net save some lives today!!

As to what I said, nothing. With the customers just arriving I thought it best to not to prolong the 'discussion'. I have left the customers to him and the bloke who has actually caused the mess.

Once I have got it off my chest I feel a lot better.

Might even go for a blast in the scoob into Derbyshire this lunch time as a reward for not opting for fisticuffs.
Old 28 April 2004, 12:14 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Whatever he saw fit to be worthy of a bollocking would never warrant it being aired in front of clients, the very same people who you rely on for a business.

Hardly a professional attitude was it!

You should let him know that too.
Old 28 April 2004, 12:27 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by **************
How did you find the anger management classes? Its something I have been encouraged to go to both by family and GP but always refused.

You tell em to **** off and mind their own bl00dy business??
Old 28 April 2004, 12:29 PM
dba
Scooby Regular

did you deserve it?
Old 28 April 2004, 12:52 PM
BishopDevious
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up It certainly improved my life matey.

Originally Posted by **************
How did you find the anger management classes? Its something I have been encouraged to go to both by family and GP but always refused.
This was a one on one with a doctor (I would type pshy*($*£ist but its one of those words I have a mental block and cant spell). I did the one to one thing because the GF knew I was not comfortable talking to a group of people about this.

She took me there because when I was with her on our own she said I was a different person. Once I was outside I would really over react when I interacted with people. Rather than just saying 'excuse me mate, do you mind not walking on my garden' to the postman I would be out chasing him down the street. Always ready to beat the crap out of people who offended me or my lass. She got to the point of not telling me if someone had upset her because I would be out of the house to give them a good hiding.

I feel I have a different outlook on life now, I must admit I am now happier now and somewhat easier going. Ive not even thrown a punch for two years!

It makes you think about the consiquenses of your actions, how it affects other people and how they percieve you. I am not saying I dont get mad but I dont over react when I am in situations like this morning.

Its even slowed down my driving (a tad).

Give it a whirl, you have nothing to lose other than a little time. Its just possible it can change your life for the better.

Just so you know; it didnt turn me into a limp wristed hippy.
Old 28 April 2004, 01:23 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dba
did you deserve it?
With the scenario presented in the original post then no one deserves that whilst clients are present, end of.
Old 28 April 2004, 01:32 PM
dba
Scooby Regular

he didnt offer any details,except that he was embarassed by the situation.He hasnt actually said whether he deserved a rollocking,(i agree with you re the inappropiate audience though,i am just curious whether he actually deserved it)
Old 28 April 2004, 01:45 PM
Jye
Scooby Regular

The main man picks his this time to give me a complete b***lking for something I didnt do
Think thats pretty clear
Old 28 April 2004, 01:48 PM
Muffleman
Scooby Regular

It's VERY un professional to dress someone down in front of anyone else, and I believe it actually contravenes some new human rights thing too.

It's also sad when someone can only climb to the top by treading on others, and not on their own merits.

Matt
Old 28 April 2004, 01:54 PM
dba
Scooby Regular

yep,thats clear Directors live by different rules though,if he didnt do it,someone did,so its his fault anyway
Old 28 April 2004, 02:12 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Thanks Jye.
Old 28 April 2004, 03:03 PM
scoobybitch
Scooby Regular

Had a similar problem a while ago in a previous job and a friend of mine whos a solicitor told me that it is against your human rights and if you leave you can sue for constructive dismissal (if they put you in a position where you feel you can no longer do your job).
Old 28 April 2004, 03:42 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Angry

Only had this sort of thing happen to me once.

I took it at the time, then went in to see him later, and told him that if he ever did it again, he'd be spitting out teeth.

he apologised!

Alcazar
Old 28 April 2004, 06:30 PM
BishopDevious
Scooby Regular

Wink Cheers for the rainclouds!

We deal with printed packaging, carrier bags food packaging etc. The error has been introduced about five years ago and this job has been printed many many times over that time. Only thing is the customer has just noticed. The way the system works is that the client signs off an artwork and then we are legally bound to produce a job that matches the artwork exactly. Which it does. Still dont really know where the boss was comming from chewing my ear like that.

I just went to see the bloke that handled the design and explained what had gone off. No raised voices, no bad temper. And no bad feelings! I cant hold him accountable for following the customers instructions to match exactly what was produced before.

The clients who came in to see us were from the same company, perhaps the chief wanted to put a bit of a show on for them I dont know. I had made it clear I wasnt happy about what happened this afternoon and we have drawn a line under this now.

Laughed my **** off when I stepped outside and found it pi$$ing it down with rain though, the boss was playing golf. Cheers god , there is a little justice after all.
Old 28 April 2004, 06:42 PM
47 NAT
Scooby Regular

Fingers crossed for you that he gets hit by lighting then