Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Rear facing baby buggies?

Search this Thread

Old 12 April 2004, 02:01 PM
Big Lee2
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Have a look in Mothercare, they do rear facing ones I think. You`ll need one that you can turn round too so the wee one can face away from you when they get older. When we were shopping for ours in Mothercare the wife said about a rear facing one & I said jokingly "what if it`s an ugly baby, we might not want to look at it" she laughed but I got a loads of dirty looks from the other Mothers LOL

Lee
Old 12 April 2004, 03:10 PM
JoanUK300
Scooby Regular

We bought a Silvercross pram, with suspension type wheels.....easier to walk along with and didn`t donk over every paving stone!!!!
A couple of things to bear in mind.
Try to lay the baby flat as this is better for a fragile spine than being scrunched up.
Make sure the handle is high enough for both of you to be able to walk comfortably.

Found this if it`s any help...
http://silvercrossprams.com/
Old 12 April 2004, 03:12 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

We bought Mclaren one when my first was born 15 years ago.

My wife is now a childminder and still uses that same buggy most days . Its lasted well as its good quality.

Chip.
Old 12 April 2004, 08:03 PM
GaryK
Scooby Regular

If you buy one of the 'travel systems' from mclaren or graco then basically the car seat clips on top of the pusher for when they are a nipper and then as they grow they sit forward facing in the main pusher part.

That said I wouldnt recommend a travel system, the car seats are very bulky and can be difficult to get in and out of the car, plus they only fit upto about 9/10 months old and you have to buy another car seat. We bought one and use the pusher but thats it, better to by a decent pushchair and car seat separately IMHO.

Gary
Old 12 April 2004, 11:00 PM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

we have a mammas and pappas system- superb, the base stays in the car- the seat clips in in seconds and can be cliped on the chassis as easily.

T
Old 13 April 2004, 09:51 AM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Roof bars and ratchet straps are the best best, stops nasty smells and stains from getting in to the upholstery
Old 13 April 2004, 12:18 PM
Jay m A
Scooby Regular

Location: Class record holder at Pembrey Llandow Goodwood MIRA Hethel Blyton Curborough Lydden and Snetterton

We've got a Mamas and Papas Pilko P3 system, as said above the rear facing car seat fits into the buggy so baby sees the pusher. Also the buggy is light and folds up well.

Our top tip was to get the travelcot too, this also fits into the buggy so it now becomes a pram - also we used the cot for baby to sleep in from birth to about 8 weeks (so no need for moses basket), ideal for transport without disturbing - also baby lies flat for longer too, which according to reports is a good thing.
Old 13 April 2004, 02:26 PM
LanCat
Scooby Regular

If I was buying one now then the Stokke Xplory - http://www.stokke.com - would be hard to beat.
Old 13 April 2004, 02:43 PM
ProperCharlie
Scooby Regular

Wink

Originally Posted by LanCat
If I was buying one now then the Stokke Xplory - http://www.stokke.com - would be hard to beat.
ideal for the more, err, camp baby and family.