Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

laser jammer real life results ???

Search this Thread

Old 04 April 2004, 09:38 AM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default laser jammer real life results ???

Seeing that a good few off the members off scoobynet now have there car equipped with lrc100`s and such like, just wondering how most folk are getting on with them when used as they are intended ??!!

did remember reading a while back that a few folk were confused as to why there jammer did not actually alert them to an active camera van, but not seen any more posts re this so I take it you are all sorted now ??!! take it that this query was explained by way off the jammers alert only sounding if it was your actuall car that was being targetted ??

any real life storys to share ?? and generally have you noticed any suspicion when driving towards there van when jammer is active ??

regards,
john..
Old 04 April 2004, 10:44 AM
MDBinaWagon
Scooby Regular

I was supposed to be having mine tested this morning, but a faulty cash machine ate my card, so I had to cancel .
I haven't seen any safety vans on my travels,but they don't seem to be used much round Shropshire. Mine's not gone off during any out of town journeys, so unless there's anything in the post I can't be much help.

Martin.
Old 04 April 2004, 12:07 PM
mn_angrybeats
Scooby Regular

I have had mine go off 4 times, 3 times in Wales and once in Coventry...works fine

Needs to be positioned correctly, mine is right under the front numberplate oh and it needs to be level and set up with a spirit level
Old 04 April 2004, 01:56 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mn_angrybeats
I have had mine go off 4 times, 3 times in Wales and once in Coventry...works fine

Needs to be positioned correctly, mine is right under the front numberplate oh and it needs to be level and set up with a spirit level
Thanks for the info mate !! take it it is the lrc100 you have ?? also wonder if there was any reaction when you jammed the laser vans firing signal ??!!

generally what range were you from the actual van when you received the alert and were you well over the limit ??!!

regards,
john...
Old 04 April 2004, 03:20 PM
mn_angrybeats
Scooby Regular

I havent been pulled yet but in all the cases havent really been over the speed limit, in Coventry recently they had a Plod with a handheld laser gun who did a double take of his screen when I went past but even then people coming the opposite direction were flashing their lights to warn of a speed trap ahead so I was under the limit....

Always been at least 200 / 300 yards warning in all the cases, the Origin Blue Laser alert also worked too without any problems, however as you know if this is triggered you have already been targetted and you will not have chance to slow down. The LRC 100 is a must IMO