Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Nearly lost a child today (to a Vectra)

Search this Thread

Old 22 March 2004, 12:53 AM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Nearly lost a child today (to a Vectra)

Cant sleep, absolutely f*cked so back on here, might help.

Had one of the scariest moments of my life today. We were staying with my Wife's aunt in trearddur bay on Anglessey, My wifes aunt suggests she take my 3 boys (8,6 and 4) to the shops to get the papers along with our blind dog, decided that maybe she was biting off more than she could chew so I suggested that I tag along as there is a road involved and very choppy sea.

Anyway we get nearly to the shops and divert through the car park which was large and empty, as we near the exit onto the road which is in a high stone wall a Vectra tears into the carpark at about twenty/thirty miles an hour missing me by inches, luckily I had the kids to my left and he went by on the right but it was less than metre between a speeding Vectra and my four year old and kids being kids, all giddy, happy and daft they could have at that very second been in the way of this absolute sh1tbag in his wank3d out Vectra with big 'Zorst'

Anyway, he continues into the car park turns round and I made it clear I wasnt happy so he drives towards me and slows down so I make like I want to talk to him and bend down towards the passenger window, he made like he was going to wind it down but instead yelled,

"Oh **** off"

Which all my kids heard, he then drove past them, spinning his wheels, locked up across the pavement when he remembered he was pulling out onto a road and then span his tyres again down the main shopping street.

I was shaking and still am a bit, kids were luckily oblivious.

It has really shaken me, more than I imagined it could, I cant sleep, my mouth is dry and I feel like I am going to burst into tears any moment, I keep imagining all sorts of horrible ****.

I really wish that **** had got out of the car.

The reg was something like V454 XOJ, maybe a Y
Old 22 March 2004, 01:33 AM
milo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what a *******

suggest you call the cops and ask for advice. i dont think they can do a lot, especially without witnesses, but they could probably go have a chat to the guy which might scare him and stop him doing similar in the future (doubt it but worth a try).

the alternative would be to find his address and pay him a visit
Old 22 March 2004, 02:16 AM
King RA
BANNED

Sounds like a right *******.
Old 22 March 2004, 07:35 AM
NACRO
BANNED

Location: Your home is worthless.You can't afford to run your car.Your job is on the line.Schadenfreude rules.

By being in a state like that I'd say you are letting him win. Instead remember the pr1ck and if you ever come across him again take extreme action to revenge yourself. If it was me he'd have had his window smashed/the crap kicked out of his car.
Old 22 March 2004, 08:06 AM
mplaczek
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

What a *******
I can't believe what some people are like. I'm a new dad and I think I understand exactly how you feel m8.
I would definitely try and talk to the police but I wonder how much they can do (perhaps you could play up your side of the story a little to get their interest, limp into the station with your four kids with paper mache casts on their arms/legs )
I checked the Registration no. on http://www.rac.co.uk/myrac/vehicle_data_check/
but no vectras.

I'm glad you are all ok, that is the most important thing, even if the guy gets away with it. Maybe a little naive, but I'd like to think he was acting all macho but actually got a fright too, perhaps next time he'll be a little more careful.
Old 22 March 2004, 08:16 AM
dome
Scooby Regular

If it's a small town/village there's every chance the local police might know him well, its worth reporting him if you haven't already...
Old 22 March 2004, 08:19 AM
DJFish
Scooby Regular

Report the idiot, thet's what the boys in blue are there for.
Old 22 March 2004, 09:20 AM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

These things are a nightmare, but remember no-on was actually hurt physically, so put it down to experience, and if you ever see him again give him the biggest slap you have ever given anyone.
Old 22 March 2004, 09:30 AM
RichWalk
Scooby Regular

Not nice, when working in Glos' I very nearly hit a child leaving our carpark, wasnt speeding but was prob doing 10-15mph, kid climbed out of the car and simply ran straight in front of me, managed to lock the car up and swerve to miss him- left me shaking and ashen white for hours.
Hope you catch up with the guy one day, for now just thank your blessings that no one got hurt.
Old 22 March 2004, 12:59 PM
jaf01uk
Scooby Regular

CCTV, they quite often cover the car parks, sorry I dont know the town and as such might not have it, just a suggestion, good luck
Gary
Old 22 March 2004, 01:38 PM
Dracoro
Scooby Regular

No witnesses? There's you, your wife's aunt and 3 kids! Should be enough. Possbily some other witnesses you didn't see. Report it definitely.

Yeah, no damage THIS time. Everyone will be up in arms if this nutter kills a kid and everyone will be blaming the police etc. for this guy being on the road in the first place. I strongly recommend reporting it.
Old 22 March 2004, 06:00 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Cheers for the support lads, really shook me up this, have asked advice at work (Police, I work in IT) and will follow it up.

And indeed give him a slap if I see him again, felt crap all day at work cos of this idiot.
Old 22 March 2004, 06:56 PM
M444GY
Former Sponsor

Location: MSOCs tyre and ROTA wheel dealer .Ruisliptyres@gmail.com
Angry

find the car and f*ckin burn it. people like that are ***** who shouldnt be on the road. so you would be doin him a favour. **** car anyway!
Old 22 March 2004, 07:38 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Lucky call in the end and at least it's only you feeling it and not the children. I know it's still not nice but at least you are in control of yourself, just chill in the knowledge worse never happened.

I would report the túrd though.

Originally Posted by NACRO
By being in a state like that I'd say you are letting him win. Instead remember the pr1ck and if you ever come across him again take extreme action to revenge yourself. If it was me he'd have had his window smashed/the crap kicked out of his car.
Dear dear, you get worse. You obviously haven't got children. It's not a case of letting him win you wet one, it's shock of what he could be facing right now that is causing him to feel this way.
Also however tough you think you are when you have your children present it's not too clever to start wrecking his car and pulling his ears off, as much as you want to you need to show your children you are stable.

If you are still there I'd be inclined to pop out later in dark clothing though.

Originally Posted by jaf01uk
CCTV, they quite often cover the car parks, sorry I dont know the town and as such might not have it, just a suggestion, good luck.
He mentioned it was Anglessey and they don't have electric yet. :
Old 22 March 2004, 09:24 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

'He mentioned it was Anglessey and they don't have electric yet'

Not all the time, correct !

Holiday destination, love it this time of year when its quiet, most tourists (like us I suppose) are ok but there is a contingent of ********* every year, leaving their **** everywhere, burning the fences on their barbeques on the beach, breaking glass everywhere, harrassing people with Jet Skis, setting fireworks off at 2am right next to the kids bedroom, the world is full of arseholes I am afraid.

Went to the boathouse to get my tools last year and there was a drunk 15 (est) year old girl pissing on the steps, which explains why it smells pretty bad, got a right eyeful and she gave me a right dirty look, cheeky little ****, then called me a ****** so I suggested that she would perhaps benefit from a ladyshave !
Old 22 March 2004, 09:33 PM
jaf01uk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by J4CKO
'He mentioned it was Anglessey and they don't have electric yet'
Went to the boathouse to get my tools last year and there was a drunk 15 (est) year old girl pissing on the steps, which explains why it smells pretty bad, got a right eyeful and she gave me a right dirty look, cheeky little ****, then called me a ****** so I suggested that she would perhaps benefit from a ladyshave !
Should have said 16 then we could have got stuck in.........so to speak Lol Ladyshave
Old 22 March 2004, 09:50 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Wow, you can tell a girl's age from just her flaps?
Old 22 March 2004, 10:20 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Didnt actually look that closely, it was that bad make-up, lack of sophistication and the bottle of something evil and bright blue beside her that led me to conclude she was about that age.
Old 22 March 2004, 10:31 PM
jaf01uk
Scooby Regular

Didnt actually look that closely................. and the bottle of something evil and bright blue beside her that led me to conclude she was about that age.
That'll be a bottle of the pi** that they show you on the Tena Lady advert on the tele, always wondered if females p**s was blue, guess that answers that question