Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Ruddy driving tests..

Search this Thread

Old 15 March 2004, 04:44 PM
chaos.
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Ruddy driving tests..

I'm at my wits end at the moment with all the driving test nonsense. I can just hear what the examiner will say on my next test, "sorry, but you haven't yet reached the required standard" ( ) and that is absolute shyte because I can drive perfectly and failing just means back to stage 1..

So with my now dwindling budget, would it be worth using the money for tests only and hope I get a nice examiner on chance or blow it all on lessons and one test? I think the first option is the best, It just pisses me off.

Infact, I will just get a car anyway, I've got worse things to worry about in my life than being pulled over by the fuging plod!
Old 15 March 2004, 04:47 PM
weapon69
Scooby Regular

I would go with option 2!!!! You obviously need the lessons if you keep failing.
Old 15 March 2004, 04:53 PM
AndyC_772
Scooby Regular

What did you fail on?

I hate to break it to you, but the basic driving test is just that - very basic. If you can't pass it, you won't last long on the road before you come a cropper. Can you get some extra practise in with a friend or parent rather than paying for lessons? I had one session with my dad the day after each lesson and it really helped.
Old 15 March 2004, 04:55 PM
chaos.
Scooby Regular

You obviously need the lessons if you keep failing
Oh yes because obviously learners fail for their driving skills alone and it's nothing to do with the DSA filling the fail quotas, is it?

I saw a program yesterday where a guy was on his test and at a roundabout, the woman examiner (fat slob) slammed on the dule control breaks and guess what? A car goes righ up the learners ****! Not the learners fault but that fat cows for breaking the car.

So corrupt it's untrue.................................
Old 15 March 2004, 04:59 PM
SiPie
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

You'd struggle to pass your 11+ test

And your attitude towards (female) driving examiners doesn't seem to have changed much since you were last moaning about this.

Very sad
Old 15 March 2004, 05:00 PM
weapon69
Scooby Regular

Look, not the DSA's fault you're **** at driving. Get over it.
Old 15 March 2004, 05:09 PM
Dracoro
Scooby Regular

because I can drive perfectly
LMAO

Filling quotas - Always a favourite among people who fail their test Never hear of crap drivers passing because of quotas do you? I can imagine the scenario - 'Well, sir you're driving was not up to standard but I have to pass you as I've failed four people already today'

Anyway, the lady didn't fail the guy on that tv prog for being hit from behind. He failed because he was gonna pull out into a car coming round the roundabout. The fault of the smash was the bloke behind, not the instructor!

I KNOW how you can definitely pass your test. The concept is very simple, have a good look at what you failed on before, and adjust your driving to the required standard. Stop blaming everyone else (this is the main reason you probably fail, you won't blame yourself). Basically, change your attitude and you'll have no problem passing.

Yes, you 'can' get an instructor on a bad day but they can only fail you for doing something wrong (which they document). They have strict guidelines for passing/failing. They can't fail you just because they 'don't like you'.

Apologies if the above sounds crude and patronising but it's the truth and the sooner you realise that, the sooner you'll pass your test.

good luck.
Old 15 March 2004, 05:13 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chaos.
Oh yes because obviously learners fail for their driving skills alone and it's nothing to do with the DSA filling the fail quotas, is it?

I saw a program yesterday where a guy was on his test and at a roundabout, the woman examiner (fat slob) slammed on the dule control breaks and guess what? A car goes righ up the learners ****! Not the learners fault but that fat cows for breaking the car.

****!! When did you get X-ray eyes that allowed you to see who applied the brakes??

Old 15 March 2004, 05:13 PM
Mungo
Scooby Regular

Default Live with it

The driving test is an assessment of your fitness to drive a vehicle on the public road. If the examiner is assessing your attitude as unfit, you might well be failed. i.e. if you're too cocky or inappropriately confident.
Having witnessed the dire (just a total lack of judgment) driving standards exhibited by a lot of people on the road who actually have licences, I'd guess your driving must be pretty rubbish not to be allowed to join them. Take it on the chin and learn how to drive properly before re-sitting. What did the examiner cite as your major failings?
Old 15 March 2004, 05:27 PM
chaos.
Scooby Regular

your attitude towards (female) driving examiners doesn't seem to have changed much since you were last moaning about this
I hate both male and female equally, they are both subhuman.
Look, not the DSA's fault you're **** at driving. Get over it.
Keep your stupid comments to yourself.

Failing to fill quotas is a FACT. If it wasn't, I would fail each time for exactly the same thing, but I never have. If I didn;t think I could pass the test, I wouldn't throw good money after bad, what a stupid idea.

I will drive on the roads without tax, insurance, a licence and an unregistered car, I'll just drive as though not to raise suspission, I can think of worse things, like I've said.
Old 15 March 2004, 05:32 PM
weapon69
Scooby Regular

Keep your stupid comments to yourself.
Pot calling the kettle there i think. The thread is about you feeling sorry for yourself that you can't pass one of the easiest tests you'll ever take. There's not much hope for you.
Old 15 March 2004, 05:35 PM
chaos.
Scooby Regular

Pot calling the kettle there i think. The thread is about you feeling sorry for yourself that you can't pass one of the easiest tests you'll ever take. There's not much hope for you
Hmm, another stupid comment off you.
Klick W69 'BLOCK' or is it 'IGNORE'?? Both have the same effect.

See ya!
Old 15 March 2004, 05:36 PM
NACRO
BANNED

Location: Your home is worthless.You can't afford to run your car.Your job is on the line.Schadenfreude rules.

Look at it this way Chaos if you drive without insurance, tax , MOT etc you can drive through as many GATSOs at whatever speed you like without incurring any penalties. Just don't register the car in your name.

If they catch you then you'll be f*cked for ever driving legally though. In my opinion it's not worth the potential risk. Just pass the test.
Old 15 March 2004, 05:37 PM
IWatkins
Scooby Regular

Is this plonker still here ?

chaos, or whatever your name is, why don't you learn to drive before taking the test ? That is what most people do. If you are up to the required standard (which is actually pretty low) then you will pass. If you are crap, you will fail. Not hard is it ?

Old 15 March 2004, 05:42 PM
Poor Guy
Scooby Regular

my mates a good learner and has been driving longer than me. hes on his 4th test now and i think he should have passed. he had an evaluation and the instructor said he should have passed by now. what pisses him right off is when they say "sorry youve failed blah blah blah, SHALL I GET YOU ANOTHER APPLICATION FORM?" theyre just after the dosh i reckon.
Old 15 March 2004, 05:46 PM
weapon69
Scooby Regular

LOL Chaos can't take the truth huh? Nevermind....as long as he's not on the road (unless as a pedestrian walking in the road which i fully encourage)
Old 15 March 2004, 05:49 PM
Poor Guy
Scooby Regular

how do drive illegaly and get away with it and a free car :

1 look dirty and smell bad
2 grease your hair back
3 talk with a funny accent
4 if stopped say "qkckallabah qkallahbah no speekah qhcka ingleeshy. irak irakki"
5 make sure your car wouldnt pass an m.o.t. in russia.

Old 15 March 2004, 05:54 PM
chaos.
Scooby Regular

if stopped say "qkckallabah qkallahbah no speekah qhcka ingleeshy. irak irakki"
LMAO at the 'irak irakki' thing

I reakon I'll be able to get a nice golf GTI for 3K, goes like **** off a shovel looks and I don't need to worry about insurance. How sweet is that?

Oh, and I can stick a finger up at the gatso flash, wahoo!
Old 15 March 2004, 05:54 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

for once I am going to be nice to you chaos.

It took me quite a few lessons to become proficient at driving, thankfully I passed the test first time. I would say to take more lessons, if you're failing then you're not doing something right, so concenrate on the parts you have failed on, and get better at them.

I know it seems like a total waste of money taking lessons, but you're be fecking lucky if you get a 'nice' examiner, simply as they are there to assess you and if you're not doing it right you will get failed. So, just doing the tests over and over again without lessons are not worth it.

As for getting a car, that is silly. One assumes you mean you'd drive around in it with no licence, which also means no Insurance, a very silly thing to do indeed, if your driving is poor then you will more than likely get pulled and when nice mr police officer gives you a producer, you wil be screwed. Not only will you get done for driving without licence and insurance, but it'll no doubt hinder you getting a licence at all.

Just spend your dosh on lessons and you should make it through. Also, maybe consider one of those intensive course things, you know, that guarentee you'll pass or your money back, gotta be worth a shot.
Old 15 March 2004, 06:05 PM
AndyC_772
Scooby Regular

Chaos, you've still not explained what it is you failed on. How can you expect constructve advice if you won't disclose all the facts?

You must have the examiner's notes somewhere. What do they say? (Start your reply with "I failed to...", it'll help you understand).
Old 15 March 2004, 10:51 PM
ali66
Scooby Regular

chaos, reading your posts I'm finding it really difficult to believe that you are actually old enough to drive!
Old 16 March 2004, 12:10 AM
BexTait
Scooby Regular

Location: Drink, drink, wherever you may be, we are the drunk and disorderly (owner of 5 fairy tokens)

Find out where you failed on the test, the examiner will go through it with you whether you pass or fail if you let them, and allow your instructor to listen in too. You can then know where you need to improve. Perhaps even let your instructor sit in on the exam (they can do that)
Old 16 March 2004, 10:05 AM
Reffro
Scooby Regular

BexTait, he didn't fail, his driving was faultless........

Chaos has been refused his licence because each time he's taken his test, they had to fail him to make their quota, or the examiner if she was female, had PMT and failed to recognise his outstanding abilities behind the wheel of a car.

I have a sneaking suspicion that Chaos won't get his hands on a licence even if he had both hands tied behind his back and the licence was poking out of his ****.

The lad has no ability to recognise his own faults and until he develops that, I'm happy to know that he'll continue to fail his driving test and I'll be able to avoid meeting on the road.
Old 16 March 2004, 10:27 AM
MattW
Scooby Regular

So what do they say when you fail, and what does it feel like. I never got to experience that.

Old 16 March 2004, 10:31 AM
CTR
Scooby Regular

Examinors and instructors slam on the dual control brakes for a reason, cause if they dont youre about to cause an accident. As for it being the woman examiners fault for breaking the car, I think its probably more to do with the person behind following too close and/or not paying attention.

The examinor will pass you when you are good enough to drive on the road, which seeing some of these programs on TV with people who do have licenses, still doesnt mean you will be any good.
Old 16 March 2004, 11:05 AM
ajm
Scooby Regular

I saw that programme too, she slammed on the dual control because he was going to pull out infront of someone. He then failed the second test on the that programme because he was trying to reverse park with his head hanging out the door!

He was a muppet plain to see (thought he was in with a good chance of becoming a GP driver ), and his excuses were identical to yours.

Last edited by ajm; 16 March 2004 at 11:05 AM.
Old 16 March 2004, 11:20 AM
chaos.
Scooby Regular

He then failed the second test on the that programme because he was trying to reverse park with his head hanging out the door!
With his head out like that he was sure to fail, I'm not complaining about that, silly thing to do on test.
I have a sneaking suspicion that Chaos won't get his hands on a licence even if he had both hands tied behind his back and the licence was poking out of his ****.
hahaha.. next.
The lad has no ability to recognise his own faults and until he develops that, I'm happy to know that he'll continue to fail his driving test and I'll be able to avoid meeting on the road.
The faults have been totally different with respect to the last test and the one before, if you're saying that the test is legit then each would fail every time for the same thing. I am deffinetly right.
he didn't fail, his driving was faultless........
Not faultless, but I'm a better driver than some of you oldies on here. I have no doubts.
So what do they say when you fail, and what does it feel like
They tell you that you have not reached the required standard yet (translation - I need to fail you for me to get paid this week) and that means I get to turn from a pleasent human with a front of respect (it's all an act) to an abusive tw@t. PERIOD.

Last edited by chaos.; 16 March 2004 at 11:27 AM.
Old 16 March 2004, 11:36 AM
Dracoro
Scooby Regular

The faults have been totally different with respect to the last test and the one before, if you're saying that the test is legit then each would fail every time for the same thing. I am deffinetly right.
Where do you get your logic from?

You have to do everything right each time you do your test. doesn't matter if you did task X right last time if you don't do it right this time. Just because you did something right last time doesn't mean that you don't have to do it right next time. Each test is standalone, they don't and can't take into account what you did right in your last test.

Do everything right on the day and you'll pass, it's that simple.

Anyway you can argue what you like 'till your blue in the face, you're the one failing your test, not us. Doesn't matter how much you hate the fact, doesn't matter how much 'injustice' you feel, doesn't matter how good or not your driving is, if you don't perform on the day then no licence. We all had to go through the same thing and the only way to pass is to learn from your mistakes, accept that you and only you can pass your test and it's not anyone elses fault if you fail.
Old 16 March 2004, 11:38 AM
AndyC_772
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

How did you work that one out? If different situations come up during the test and you fail to deal with them properly, you'll fail for different reasons. It still means you need to swallow your pride and get some more practise.
Not faultless, but I'm a better driver than some of you oldies on here. I have no doubts.
Prove it, then. Pass the basic 'L' test. We all managed it.

They tell you that you have not reached the required standard yet (translation - I need to fail you for me to get paid this week) and that means I get to turn from a pleasent human with a front of respect (it's all an act) to an abusive tw@t. PERIOD.
If you're as humble and willing to acknowledge your faults in front of the examiner as you are here, no wonder they're starting to take a dislike to you. You need to prove that you're confident and capable - not cocky and abusive.

Eat some humble pie, accept that you do need the examiner to pass you, and that the way to achieve that is not to give them any excuse to do otherwise. You still haven't posted details of what you failed on.

If you want help, explain why you failed (I'll say it again: you failed) and maybe someone will offer some help. If you're just going to rant and make up stories about hidden agendas then just get off the road and stay off, they're better without you.

Last edited by AndyC_772; 16 March 2004 at 11:40 AM.
Old 16 March 2004, 12:33 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

How do you know that your driving ability is good enough. I used to be an instructor and know only too well that people get an inflated idea of their own ability and are not prepared to accept that failure is usually their own fault.

The driving test is not perfect, it is designed to check that you are capable of carrying out certain actions in a car to a basic capability level. Also that you can control it safely under normal conditions. Many of these actions are set pieces and like it or not you have to be able to reproduce them. If you can't-you fail!

Your driving instructor will teach you all these things and it is down to you to learn them. If you think you know best,with your vast experience(not), then you will not have a "cat's chance" of passing.

You need to learn how to accept instruction to succeed.

If I was to see you driving uninsured and unlicensed, I would "shop" you without a second thought not only for the unprincipled and self centred attitude that you would be displaying, but mainly for the danger to others.

Les

Quick Reply: Ruddy driving tests..