Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Banking recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 10 March 2004, 11:10 AM
Stueyb
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Banking recommendations

As a follow up to my business plan, im at the stage of looking to a bank to go with for the business. I have been with barclays for years as a personal account holder but they give you the shaft that often that there is no way I would talk with them about business startups.

Any recommendations?

The startup costs (read loan) will be minimal ie 4K- 6K max. However I want a bank where I can talk to a "proper person" not a phone drone and discuss business things in a sit down chat. That limits it I know !

Also I love internet banking so this would be a must. As for maintainance fees, i dont mind reasonable ones and as for payment in, it would be either

a) cheque
b) direct bank transfer
c) Cash

This account would also be used to pay myself (kinda obvious) and a company cash card/debit card would be good.

The amounts in question are relatively small but not that small and I would be banking around 3000 cheques per year (optimistically) and the amount that can be held in the account should be able to set a high limit.

Any recommendations
Old 10 March 2004, 12:21 PM
P1_BEN
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Stuey, I have recently setup and do many of the things you mention above apart from the number of cheques. I Invoice once a month and that is electronically transferred.

I have a debit/cash card for the account, do all my transfers online also get an account manager to talk to.

I'm with lloyds and there are also no fees for the first year although they still send a statement so you see what it will cost you in the future although i think it's half price in the second year as well.