Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

van towed for no tax

Search this Thread

Old 12 February 2004, 04:58 PM
paulwrxboro
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry van towed for no tax

I know it was on the road BUT i had an electric falt and was waiting for auto electics to come and fix it so i could get it motd then taxed i had filled a sorn in and it is insured i tryed to explain this to the filth but he said i dont give a **** its geting towed and thats it. yesterday id have called them police or cops but the way they talked to me today like i was a bit of sh!te iv lost any respect for the filth until im proved otherwise the last two dealings iv had have been bad ones . Dont come on saying well it was on the road yes i know iv been a bad boy for rolling it of my drive and not been able to get it back on but there should be some leway now i have to pay £200 to get it back but i have to tow it because they dont allow people in the yard to fix them anyway back to my point befor they towed it they put a big yellow sticker on it saying untaxed car my point is this dothey have to give any notice befor they tow cheers paul
Old 12 February 2004, 05:04 PM
Fig
Scooby Regular

Apparently there is now zero tolerence towards untaxed vehicles on public roads etc. If it's not taxed I believe it can be immobilised, removed and/or destroyed without notice.
Old 12 February 2004, 05:22 PM
Mungo
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down No sympathy

If you'd filled out a SORN, why was it on the road?
Old 12 February 2004, 05:46 PM
paulwrxboro
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Mungo
If you'd filled out a SORN, why was it on the road?
im not looking for sympahy it was on the road because i rolled it of the drive and could not for the life of me get it back up like i said i know iv been a bad boy and im not saying im inocent i just wonderd if it was legal the way they did it so stop preaching i never drive with out tax test or insurance and i have a clean licence so i am mr goody two shoes
Old 12 February 2004, 05:53 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

dry your eyes

you were warned, it had a sticker on it saying untaxed car??

errr hello? wake up and smell the upcoming fine.

your van must have been there for a while for sumbody to notice that it was untaxed? or did they police just do a random check in your street for cars that hadnt bought any new road tax and the dvla still hadnt receaved any sorn details??
Old 12 February 2004, 05:59 PM
paulwrxboro
Scooby Regular

Angry

Originally Posted by StickyMicky
dry your eyes

you were warned, it had a sticker on it saying untaxed car??

errr hello? wake up and smell the upcoming fine.

your van must have been there for a while for sumbody to notice that it was untaxed? or did they police just do a random check in your street for cars that hadnt bought any new road tax and the dvla still hadnt receaved any sorn details??
errrr HELLO NO THATS MY POINT they stuk the yellow sticker on then towed it 1 minit later the van had been there since yesterday the dvla has had the sorn for a month
Old 12 February 2004, 06:01 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

so stop preaching
ive read this a few times, heres what i deduct

hes not preaching, you replied that he was, in a vain attempt to strike out because people think your a tosser, your van was towed and your haveing a bit of a winge, even tho you are in the wrong

stop being a baby, pick up your toys that you threw from the pram, sell them, pay the fine, get your van, tax it and shut the **** up!
Old 12 February 2004, 06:02 PM
Poor Guy
Scooby Regular

******* mother ****ing ****s!
Old 12 February 2004, 06:03 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Talking

thats rude
Old 12 February 2004, 06:13 PM
paulwrxboro
Scooby Regular

ive read this a few times, heres what i deduct

hes not preaching, you replied that he was, in a vain attempt to strike out because people think your a tosser, your van was towed and your haveing a bit of a winge, even tho you are in the wrong

stop being a baby, pick up your toys that you threw from the pram, sell them, pay the fine, get your van, tax it and shut the **** up!
micky i know your a wind up merchant from this and other boards so why dont you shut the **** up all i want to know is was it legal the way they did it if it can save me two hundred bar call me a tosser all you like. **** me for two hundred notes ill prove im a tosser
Old 12 February 2004, 06:17 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by paulwrxboro
micky i know your a wind up merchant from this and other boards so why dont you shut the **** up all i want to know is was it legal the way they did it if it can save me two hundred bar call me a tosser all you like. **** me for two hundred notes ill prove im a tosser
i did not say you were a tosser, therefor i wont be proving you are a tosser

they can do what you want, you broke the law and they upheld it, thats there job, thats what they get paid for
deal with it

you asked for my opinion when you posted on a public message board, i dont see a "dont reply if your name is micky" disclaimer at the top
your a bit angry now arnt you lol
Old 12 February 2004, 06:30 PM
paulwrxboro
Scooby Regular

i did not say you were a tosser, therefor i wont be proving you are a tosser

they can do what you want, you broke the law and they upheld it, thats there job, thats what they get paid for
deal with it

you asked for my opinion when you posted on a public message board, i dont see a "dont reply if your name is micky" disclaimer at the top
your a bit angry now arnt you lol
in your opinion did they do it the legal way thats what i want to know i am having a winge and a moan cos im a bit pissed off like i said i do every thing legal and the once i havent iv been nicked by a cumt of a copper iv had the displeasre to meet
Old 12 February 2004, 06:32 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

in your opinion did they do it the legal way thats what i want to know i am having a winge and a moan cos im a bit pissed off like i said i do every thing legal and the once i havent iv been nicked by a cumt of a copper iv had the displeasre to meet
the chances of them doing this wrong should be slim, i would have thought they have done this thousands of times before and they should know the drill
Old 12 February 2004, 06:37 PM
47 NAT
Scooby Regular

Sounds like they've been a bit harsh as theres quite a few blatantly dumped/vandalised cars around the Reading/Wokingham area that have been there for months!!! ...You'll probably find the guy who removes/buys them is after a van for his mate or something along those lines. Either way bad luck mate

Nath
Old 12 February 2004, 06:37 PM
paulwrxboro
Scooby Regular

the chances of them doing this wrong should be slim, i would have thought they have done this thousands of times before and they should know the drill
thats what im thinking
but i know they also make mistakes thanks for the sensible reply i know it must have been hard for ya lol
Old 12 February 2004, 06:55 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

thats what im thinking
but i know they also make mistakes thanks for the sensible reply i know it must have been hard for ya lol
lmao, i apoligise for my previous tone of text, i will resort back to the stupidness
Old 13 February 2004, 09:04 AM
apples24
Scooby Regular

round ere its someone employed by council goin round stickering cars, gives ya one day to remove it though
Old 13 February 2004, 09:19 AM
what would scooby do
Scooby Senior

As far as I know they can turn up and tow untaxed cars on the spot - no warnings.
Old 13 February 2004, 09:28 AM
RichWalk
Scooby Regular

Paul; same happened to a girl who worked for me a few mnths ago, bought a car on the Monday, got the cover note faxed to her same day, parked the car in our road, went out early afternoon to get the car taxed- car had gone, we thought it had been nicked until a neighbour told us the police wagon had removed it. We are by Cadburys in B'ville the car ended up in a pound the otherside of Wolverhampton- £200 to get it out then £50 per day thereafter- gutted didnt come close!! but thats now the law.

Rich.
Old 13 February 2004, 11:31 AM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Default Unlucky!

Paul- If the vehicle was genuinely on the road for a short time and you couldn't get it back alone then it would have been much easier for them to help you shove it back and give you a warning, especially if there was a vacant space on your drive.

Had it been there a while though, then tough, it's an untaxed, uninsured obstruction/liability/eyesore.

For the genuine, honest and law abiding (not counting speeding ) citizens it's an upholding of the law (like many new ones) that will appear very harsh.

It will almost certainly alienate the police force further if they strut about like they appear to now adding to their targets instead of being a help to the public.

You appear unlucky but whilst you get the Micky brigade saying the law is the law and that's it, nothing will change.

R.I.P. Discretion (1000BC- 2003ish)
Old 13 February 2004, 12:17 PM
Nimbus
Scooby Regular

paulwrxboro,

On your keyboard you will see a key with a full stop (period) on it " . ". I would be grateful if you could use it in your next post as I keep running out of breath reading you messages.

Cheers
Old 13 February 2004, 12:20 PM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

I keep running out of breath reading you messages
Well don't read out loud then Bet there are little finger marks over your screen too where you run your finger along under the words as you read
Old 13 February 2004, 12:22 PM
Nimbus
Scooby Regular

Olly,

How did you guess...
Old 13 February 2004, 04:35 PM
paulwrxboro
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

nimbus as you can see by my spelling english isnt my strong point but i get by......just oh those wasted years. Any way been to redcar council to pay my £200 notes today and it sort of went like this HIM. bla bla bla. ME i can understand you picking up all the un taxed scrapers and the WAMKERS cars who drive around with no tax test or insurance im all for it get them all of the road. then this blew my mind. HIM. WE DONT WANT THE SCRAPERS OR THE BANGERS WITH NO INSURANCE BECAUSE NO BODY CLAIMS THEM AND WE DONT MAKE ANY MONEY. WE WANT THE GOOD ONES LIKE YOURS AND YESTERDAY WE GOT A £20'000 SHOGUN BECAUSE THE FELLA PULLED IT OFF THE DRIVE TO PUT A SKIP ON IT THERE THE ONES WE WANT.

I bit my toung and left .

nimbus .................................................. .... there you go put them in the right places
Old 13 February 2004, 04:59 PM
Nimbus
Scooby Regular

Thanks paul

It obviously confirms what a lot of people think. They are doing this for the money. If it was a case of following the law to the letter, then ALL the cars would be removed. As it is, they are just targeting the ones who they know will pay up. You have my sympathies, and whilst technically you were breaking the law and got caught, it just goes to show that that the police are losing all respect from otherwise law abiding citizens. Discretion?? What's that?
Old 13 February 2004, 05:10 PM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Just for Nimbus

Nimbus as you can see by my spelling and English aren’t my strong point but I get by......Just, oh those wasted years. Anyway been to Redcar council to pay my £200 notes today and it sort of went like this:
HIM: blah blah blah.
ME: I can understand you picking up all the un-taxed scrapers and the *******’ cars that drive around with no tax, test or insurance. I’m all for getting them all off the road.
Then this blew my mind.
HIM: WE DON’T WANT THE SCRAPERS OR THE BANGERS WITH NO INSURANCE BECAUSE NO BODY CLAIMS THEM AND WE DON’T MAKE ANY MONEY. WE WANT THE GOOD ONES, LIKE YOURS AND YESTERDAY WE GOT A £20,000 SHOGUN BECAUSE THE FELLA PULLED IT OFF THE DRIVE TO PUT A SKIP ON IT. THERE THE ONES WE WANT.

I bit my tongue and left.

Last edited by OllyK; 13 February 2004 at 05:10 PM. Reason: After all that I spelt Nimbus with a lowercase 'n' - Doh!
Old 13 February 2004, 05:15 PM
Nimbus
Scooby Regular

Err, thanks Olly....
Old 13 February 2004, 06:20 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Spoon

You appear unlucky but whilst you get the Micky brigade saying the law is the law and that's it, nothing will change.
agreed, hell im no angel, i break the law nearly every single day, i also get caught lots, but i dont complain and winge about it when it happens, becuase i know i was in the wrong
Old 13 February 2004, 08:52 PM
hades
Scooby Regular

Of course, I wouldn't advocate such things, but I'm sure that the local press would be interested if someone were to send them a recording of a council official making quotes like that?

Generally, I'd say you were unlucky, but they were upholding the law. It would be nice to see some common sense and pragmatism applies, but that appears to be in short supply in this country, especially amongst "public servants".

A cynical wind-up merchant would say that common sense is nearly as uncommon these days as punctuation in the original post.
Old 13 February 2004, 08:53 PM
hades
Scooby Regular

P.S. Olly - there's still a few mistakes in there.

And why would a "fella" want to put a skip on his £20,000 (untaxed) shogun?

Last edited by hades; 13 February 2004 at 08:56 PM. Reason: extra pedantic sarcasm!

Quick Reply: van towed for no tax