Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Why don't I care about anything?

Search this Thread

Old 05 February 2004, 10:56 AM
LG John
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Why don't I care about anything?

Its not very often you get a really serious Saxo Boy post but this is one such time. Basically my problem is this: I don’t care

For whatever reason I’ve got myself into a position where I just don’t care about what happens anymore and I just kind of bumble through life. I really couldn’t care if I lost my job or if I made a mistake or if I fell out with a friend or a girlfriend, etc, etc. Its like I’ve given up somehow (at aged 25!!). Last night for example I got into a really positive frame of mind and though, ‘I’m going to go beast one out at the gym tomorrow’ but now just 4 hours into my working day and I can’t be bothered and will probably just sit about watching t.v. I’ll not get stronger, fitter, better but rather fatter, slower and uglier. But I don’t care. Why don’t I care?? What can I do, should I do? How can I make these positive moods last or perhaps more importantly how can I stop negative things from taking the wind out my sails?

Sorry for such a depressing thread but there is real consequences to me knocking about through life without a care in the world or giving a rats *** about other people. Prime example being yesterday when I witnessed someone reverse into another car in a car park. I was the prime witness and would usually have done ‘my part’ but instead I walked on because I couldn’t be assed with the hassle

P.S. Yes, my glass is half empty and I know that everyone will be thinking what a depressing low-life *****. But guess what…………I don’t care
Old 05 February 2004, 11:01 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Because we work most of our day, sleep the rest and in-between there is no time to do the things we really enjoy..........

Why do you think most people in this country get pi55ed each weekend... it's to escape the bordom that is everyday life.

For 3 weeks a year you may find out what life should be about.. When i go skiing and am on the top of a mountain, the sun shining, a perfect piste in front...... then you feel alive. The rest of the time most people are just seeing out time!

PS thanks for depressing me....
Old 05 February 2004, 11:06 AM
LG John
Scooby Regular

Default Spot on STI

For 3 weeks a year you may find out what life should be about.. When i go skiing and am on the top of a mountain, the sun shining, a perfect piste in front...... then you feel alive
You know that is soooooo true. Being on holiday or away from 'normal' life just lifts you so much

Right now I'd love to be coming off the line at Crail in a flurry of 4wd madness trying to hold off some Nos'd up super-hatch. THAT would be fun, this job, this evening and no doubt tomorrow as well will not be fun

Prime example of me not caring. Its 11:06 and I'm on SN. It will know that I'm on SN outside 'internet' hours - but.........I don't need to say it this time
Old 05 February 2004, 11:08 AM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Driving french cars has that effect, they are so crap you either have to stop caring or you go mental, it just spreads from there (I used town a Pug!).

Joviality aside, it is just as case that you have got yourself in to a rut. Been there myself. Just can't see the point to anything, can't see where it is all going etc etc.

Some may consider it the first steps in to depression, which it may well be as the next stage is you start to worry about not caring. Some people start looking towards the bigger picture, start wondering about God and so on. No harm in that, did it myself - doesn't mean I resorted to God as an answer though, just considered the options (see the thread on "Anybody been to Spiritualist" and you will see what conclusions I came to.

It is a case of getting yourself to snap out of it before things spiral - unless you are happy at the prospect of becoming a couch potatoe or a life on prozac (don't tell me, I don't care?). It really is down to you though, you need to get in to something new that will stimulate you either mentally or phsyically or both.

If things get much worse go and see a Doc, but try to avoid the drug route if you can, it can be a bugger to get off it again.

Anyway - best of luck sorting yourself out
Old 05 February 2004, 11:15 AM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

quit...if i took holls to escape work then i'd leave my job.
Old 05 February 2004, 11:27 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Sorry you feel like that Saxo Boy, probably happens to a lot of people though at certains times of their life. We all need something to make us have to struggle a bit sometimes. If life appears too easy or you find you have no further aspirations in life then depression can easily set in. Its a state of mind that you personally are the best one to sort out.

The only suggestion I can think of is to find an interest or occupation which will stretch you a bit and give you a goal to aim for. Life is a valuable gift and is always well worth hanging onto. An absorbing hobby or two will help you to see that.

Les
Old 05 February 2004, 11:29 AM
Regacy
Scooby Regular

Cool

Don't worry, it's not work or your age.
It's February.
That's what it does to people, cold wet miserable.
Go and have a sun-bed session.
It will inject your subconscious with warmth and put a spring ion your step.
Old 05 February 2004, 11:36 AM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Question

Originally Posted by Saxo Boy
Its not very often you get a really serious Saxo Boy post but this is one such time. Basically my problem is this: I don’t care
Group buy on rope anybody?
Old 05 February 2004, 11:37 AM
LG John
Scooby Regular

Thats probably a very fair point about the sunbed thing as well. I suffer from SAD there is no doubt about that and I've heard it mentioned before that the UV light from a sunbed can trick your brain into being 'summer happy'

I have lots of good hobbies as well where I meet new and interesting people but I even have to drag myself along to them even though I know I'll enjoy it when I get there!!
Old 05 February 2004, 11:39 AM
LG John
Scooby Regular

Group buy on rope anybody?
LMAO
Old 05 February 2004, 01:07 PM
lmsbman
Scooby Regular

Saxo Boy,

Been here and got the 'T' shirt. I'm afraid to say that you are suffering from depression. It was best explained to me by a doctor as like this. Your brain is full of chemicals. Everytime something bad happens to you, some of those chemicals evaporate. The brain has the ability to reproduce them, but at a much slower rate. If too many bad things happen (stress, shock,fear etc), then the chemicals evaporate much quicker than they can be replaced. Eventually, if it gets bad enough, you end up with no chemicals left to reproduce. If you get to this stage, then medication is the only option to kick-start the system.
My advice to you would be to make an appointment to see your Doctor. Make sure you explain that you need a proper consultation and not a 2 minute chat. Depression is a serious illness and needs to be treated properly.

Good luck. You are not alone. 10% of the population suffers from depression at some time in their life.
Old 05 February 2004, 01:24 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

I'm surely not that far gone yet am I?? I didn't even snap at the group buy option
Old 05 February 2004, 01:25 PM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Was going to reply to this thread, but can't be arsed.
Old 05 February 2004, 01:27 PM
Gus M
Scooby Regular

Get to the gym Saxo Boy! Enjoy the drive there, have a good workout, enjoy the drive
home and feel you have accomplished something.You'll sleep better too!
Old 05 February 2004, 01:30 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

Was going to reply to this thread, but can't be arsed.
You just did

Re the Gym: Its a 2 minute drive but in some muppets infinate wisdom they changed road priorities such that its now 4 minutes and you have to drive across a mental dualled road to get to it..........now THAT really is depressing!!
Old 05 February 2004, 01:38 PM
Scooby96
Scooby Regular

I'm suprised NACRO hasnt posted to say how wonderful life is

Counting down 10, 9, 8, 7...............
Old 05 February 2004, 01:40 PM
lmsbman
Scooby Regular

I'm surely not that far gone yet am I?? I didn't even snap at the group buy option
Depression takes many forms. Just because you are not feeling suicidal doesn't mean that you are not suffering from it. You are in the early stages. Get it treated now and hopefully you wont ever get that bad.
Old 05 February 2004, 01:43 PM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Get it treated now
But he can't be ar*ed. Bad combination depression and apathy. Down in the dumps but to to apathetic to do anything about it
Old 05 February 2004, 01:45 PM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

You need a new focus in life. I am not great at the moment, trying to buy a new house but mortgage people wont give me any money cos i have only been self employed for just under 2 years. Self cert option also requires 2 years trading, and i am 15 days short

I'm busy as hell with work (which I do love though), and today we've found out the survey on our house has shown problems which will cost £££

At the moment i seem to work, stress about the house (whilst watching TV), go to bed late then cant sleep and do it all again 5 hours later.

However....I decided last week i should get fit, and to do that should buy a new mountain bike. Since then i have felt good, something to focus on, buying bike mags to read reviews, planning my budget, then planning where to go riding when I buy it.

Also makes me look forward to bike rides around the lakes in summer. You are in Scotland, so lots of riding places to go.
Old 05 February 2004, 01:51 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

Good point!! I'm going to start pouring more effort into going to the Gym, my eating (to supplement the gym) and also kuk sool (martial art before you ask) Feeling positive - odds on it lasting
Old 05 February 2004, 01:55 PM
ian_sadler
Scooby Regular

Old 05 February 2004, 02:26 PM
SiPie
Scooby Regular

Wink

FFS mate it's simple ...

It's cos you've not seen your old mate Si for ages

Get on the feckin bypass and get yourself out to my new pad feckin soon and cut this depressed p1sh out once and for all

I'll show pictures of what depressed was and don't listen to these people who are telling you that you are in the early stages of depression cos... you are right in the damned middle of it mate

You are the most depressing **** I have ever met and a suicidal rope hanging is too good for you so don't buy in to the group buy idea

You live in a feckin' Maybury shed, your job is p1ss and pointless... your love life is on a par with the DaLai Lama and you are ugly as sin so there ain't much chance of that changing

Well..... there's my attempt at cheering you up, so if that hasn't worked then go and feckin' kill yourself

Reverse psychology anyone
Old 05 February 2004, 02:35 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

You live in a feckin' Maybury shed, your job is p1ss and pointless... your love life is on a par with the DaLai Lama and you are ugly as sin so there ain't much chance of that changing
ROTLFMAO Cheers mate
Old 05 February 2004, 02:36 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Saxo..... Si's your mate!!

No fecking wonder you're depressed!!
Old 05 February 2004, 02:56 PM
RichWalk
Scooby Regular

Youve basically got to change your view on life- Ive just had a year & half of burying myself in work etc etc... then I had a blinding Xmas, and woke up! this year money permitting just gonna go for it! take the positive side of not carring and use- freinds aside **** everyone else and do what u want... ur only 25 worry about ur crap life when ur 60!

As my best M8 says about life "you cant take it back if it dosnt fit"
Old 05 February 2004, 03:11 PM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Si's your mate!!
Must be a name thing, my mate Symon is just the same, prize w@nker, but he can always cheer me up.
Old 05 February 2004, 03:44 PM
SiPie
Scooby Regular

Talking

my mate Symon is just the same, prize w@nker
I'll take that with the pinch of salt that I'm sure youintended to be with that comment OllyK, otherwise you won't need the help of any spiritualist to know what'll happen to you in the future
Old 05 February 2004, 03:45 PM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Glad U got a sense of humour SiPie
Old 05 February 2004, 03:53 PM
yoza
BANNED

I dont care, that you dont care.

When your in this sh1tty mood, take a little walk around your local hospice, or better still the cancer ward at your local childrens hospital.

That should sort you out.

Nothing better for straightening your head out.

Then you could get a bit more focused on your own life, try doing a sponsored walk, weight lift, Easter egg run, or whatever for the ward you visited.

Value your life, like its your last day, you may not see tomorrow.

If all else fails, go the pub, get pished, pick a fight, get battered, come home, kick the cat, put on LOTR 3, order Pizza, dont pay, spew your ring, fall asleep.......
Wake up feel like ****, repeat process.

Until you see the light.....

Later Yoza (nearly reformed dont give a flying **** expert)
Old 05 February 2004, 04:04 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Have children!

Seriously though, I'm 26 and if you've got a child you can't sit still for any length of time becuase they want to play. You can't think that you don't care about anything becuase you can't help but care about them. They enrich your life once you forgive them for making you skint and making a good nights sleep a thing of the past.

I even care about work and am making headway into becoming a share-holder in the company.

Couldn't give a stuff about anything 3 years ago except having a fast car, now I've still got a fast car and have somebody who needs me and loves me without compromise - except if theres a biscuit involved!

Quick Reply: Why don't I care about anything?