Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Thankyou WM Travel - Leaving my Grandma Stranded

Search this Thread

Old 28 January 2004, 11:05 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts
Angry

It's sickening. [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] I'm just livid.

1" of snow and the area grinds to a halt. My gran takes the bus to Halesowen this morning, and after shopping takes the bus back....but due to the measly amount of snow (she didn't notice the snow because she was inside the supermarket), the buses were stopped.

And left her at the station for an hour before anyone informed her. Or anyone else at that matter.

School kids, OAPs everybody who depends on public transport is stranded. So everyone phone somebody via mobile...what happens? The cell for all providers is gridlocked with calls, so hardly anyone can get through.

All in all it took me 2hours to get to her home, when she finally got through. I was astonished by the number of idiots who cannot handle cars in ice and snow. And thus the gridlock caused by all the minor fender benders blocking junctions and traffic lights. Complete nightmare.

But I'd like to thank, WM travel, Centro, Gritters, and the incompetant ***** out there who, if I'd been any longer - would have left an elderly woman vunerable to hypothermia. [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]