Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

The wrong Queue!!! GRRR!

Search this Thread

Old 28 January 2004, 01:34 PM
ajm
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Just went to the Supermarket to purchase 3, yes just THREE, items....

1) Its lunchtime, its the only time I can do it and there are queues of blue rinses at every checkout. They are retired, they can do their shopping at ANY time!! [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

2) I made a bee line for the newsagent counter as I only had 3 items to procure and a blue rinse saw what I was thinking and barged infront of me!!! [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

3) She had a FULL basket!!! [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

4) She then went off to get additional items and left me and the checkout girl waiting!!!! [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

5) When she came back with the extra things she insisted on paying by cheque - the slowest payment method!!! [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

6) Then to add insult to injury she started having a natter to the girl at the till!!!!![img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

7) I look around and see that it would have been quicker to have queued at one of the other tills that originally had huge queues on!!!! [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!

Is it just me or is anyone else as adept at picking the wrong queue? [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 28 January 2004, 01:37 PM
yoza
BANNED

This makes shoplifting look far less stressfull.
Old 28 January 2004, 01:38 PM
Mr.Cookie
Scooby Regular

Consider yourself lucky if that was me she'd of put the checkout now closed sign up

[Edited by Mr.Cookie - 1/28/2004 1:40:04 PM]
Old 28 January 2004, 01:39 PM
Scooby96
Scooby Regular

Ugh tell me about it.

Well we have blue rinses on the tills as well in Tunbridge Wells - "Ron" served me today and how fecking rude he was when I said I didnt have a PIN number for my debit card yet - unbelievable/shocking
Old 28 January 2004, 02:46 PM
Wish
Scooby Regular

REMEMBER : They won the war for the like of you to have the freedom to shop.

Bol1ox : I would have laid the cow out !
Old 28 January 2004, 02:48 PM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink

Should have slipped some mercury into her smoked mackrel fillet!
Old 28 January 2004, 06:40 PM
Dapster
Scooby Regular

Cheque? What's one of those?

If you pay by cheque, don't you have to produce a guarantee card - which I thought is a debit card anyway? In which case, why bother with the cheque when you can pay with plastic anyway??

I suggested one lunchtime at my place of work that there should be rules about people of a certain age being allowed to shop only at certain times and I was greeted by the sound of people coughing their lunch out of their noses. Apparently one can't make suggestions like that.

Trending Topics

Old 28 January 2004, 06:48 PM
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

Cheques are what people use when they've no money to cover their purchase until a couple of days away. Aren't they?

Not used one in years except to buy stuff from ebay.