Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Just got back from the cinema

Search this Thread

Old 31 December 2003, 01:02 AM
David_Dickson
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

My sister wanted to see the final Lord of the Rings film. I wasnt too keen, prefering to wait till DVD, but decided to go along to alleviate boredom.

We got to the cinema with a few minutes to spare. I paid for the tickets and was told the only seats left were at the front.
dammit, I hate sitting at the front. The girl assured me we would be a few rows in, not the very front row. Fine, no choice really.

I was gasping for a drink so I went to the shop. Being a bloater I instinctively picked up the XL cup (self service drinks) but was surprised to find a container not that much smaller than the bucket I use to wash the car!
I bought a small drink, which was still larger than a "large" Burglar King drink. Cost £1.70 too [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

I was quite angry with my sister because she had brought along her ten year old daughter. Even though the film is rated 12A I didnt think it was a good idea, as she doesnt like watching the previous films on video.
She spent most of the performance cowering behind her teddy

We found our seats to be 4 or 5 rows from the front, but we still had to tilt our heads back at a 30degree angle to see the screen. Even then, we were so close to it, I couldnt see it all in one, I had to pan my head left to right all the time to see it all [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
I had the beginnings of a sore neck by the end of the trailers and by the end of the film was in quite serious pain

We had to endure the additional "busy cinema soundtrack" too. People incessantly munching snacks and slurping drinks. [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Also, about an hour into the film, what sounded like a very young baby started crying. It wasnt part of the soundtrack and got gradually louder. Some eejits had taken their baby to the cinema, and didnt do an awfull lot to stop it crying either. [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

The film was ok. About an hour too long though.

So, a generally crap evening.

Old 31 December 2003, 01:05 AM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question

You, of course, did all this at gunpoint?? Not the baby, but sitting at the front, buying a 20gallon bucket of car shampoo and then posting about it on here??

You need help!!

Pete
Old 31 December 2003, 01:09 AM
Fuzz
Scooby Regular

Hey it could have been worse............... you could have organised to go bowling at our local tonight only to find it had caught fire earlier that evening and was now billowing smoke accross the dual carriagway with various rubber neckers and kids awatching from afar..

went to cinema instead and watched some old civil war thing with zelwigger and Tom Cruises ex bint... turned out to be quite good.

Andy

[Edited by Fuzz - 12/31/2003 1:10:21 AM]
Old 31 December 2003, 01:13 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts
Last time I sat that close to the screen I was seeing the Matrix reloaded.

I think my eyes were opposite to crossed eyes by the end(what is the term for it?) - you know left eye to the left and right to the right

I make a firm point of never buying anything there as it is such a rip off and you wait ages in queus as only 1 of the 10 tills is open. I make a habit of stopping off at a One-stop or Dillons on the way to buy some drink and munchies and smuggle them in
Old 31 December 2003, 01:13 AM
David_Dickson
Scooby Regular

No Pete, it wasnt at gunpoint, But after driving 40 miles to get there, I didnt fancy just walking out and going home again.

Old 31 December 2003, 01:43 AM
Big Col
Scooby Regular

lol... pmsl

Old 31 December 2003, 02:12 AM
Poor Guy
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

hit thre bitchs round rfookin ed and every thin amn!

sukker!

gutteded fo thee
Old 31 December 2003, 03:31 AM
Ciaran
Scooby Regular

well i saw it 4 days ago and sat right at the front with the wee bro and his mate have 2 admit it was good but dragged on far to long!
Old 31 December 2003, 10:22 AM
JockyTT
Scooby Regular

I paid £6 in advance for a huge reclining seat, right in the middle of the cinema, with a licenced bar and served food during the performance. That's how to watch a film that lasts 3+ hours.

(cineworld deluxe screens for anyone who cares)
Old 31 December 2003, 10:24 AM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

I use Ster Century, book online and pick which screen to watch it in and exactly what seats to sit in. Then you turn up whenever and still get the best seats in the house.

Simon.
Old 31 December 2003, 10:26 AM
scooby adz
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

should have asked me, could of saved u loads of dosh as i've already got it on DVD
Old 31 December 2003, 02:55 PM
Father Jack Hackett
Scooby Regular

Going to the cinema is a depressing experience ... you can have the best seats in the house but you still have to put up with the selfish ******* who rattle their sweet packets and just talk through the whole film. When we went to see Matrix Revolutions recently some smartass was giggling and making comments though the whole thing. OK, the film was laughable in parts but he was still an annoying **** ...
Old 31 December 2003, 03:01 PM
Scooby96
Scooby Regular

Some ****** who sat near me when I went to see Minority Report had obviously seen it before and proceeded to tell his gf sat next to him what was going to happen next, until I told him to shut the **** up cos I hadnt seen it!

[Edited by Scooby96 - 12/31/2003 3:01:28 PM]