Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Crimbo shopping today.

Search this Thread

Old 21 December 2003, 12:35 AM
Fuzz
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
stood in the winding queue at Thorntons this afternoon at "the mall." there were two staff, at two tills and one became empty, staff member shouted "next please" a couple of times but the next lady was gassing...
So I nudged the next woman in front of me (as she was gassing too) and off she trots to the till.. just as the first lady noticed and made her way there too...

The typical british attitude then ensued
"sorry go ahead"..
"No, you go ahead"...
"It's ok"...
" No I insist"

It was getting rather comical at this stage and a few spectators were starting to smirk.

Then when you thought it was over and one finally made a lunge for the till, the other decided to do the same.
The atmosphere was good until this point, then one of the women stepped back and huffed abrasively (sp?) "go on then, if you MUST"

I thought it was going to kick off.

Crimbo shoppers... Take a chill pill for gods sake...

Andy

Old 21 December 2003, 01:09 AM
rogp
Scooby Regular

I noticed another phenomenon today aswell: As soon as December starts people appear to lose the ability to walk any faster than 2mph past any shop.
Old 21 December 2003, 01:20 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

got 99% of my shopping in today and yesterday with next to no mishaps and such

did find a pretty big mark on my rear bumper tonite where sumbodys drove down the side of it tho

i am really, really carefull where i park it, so i am at a loss as to where it happend, its been done in the last week as i washed it last friday, polished it out tonite with sum mates autoglym tho, will have another look in the morning, looked like sumbody had rubbed it down with 1500 grit glass paper
it will come out as its not a scratch or such, more like a "buff"
fooken arseholes
Old 21 December 2003, 01:25 AM
rogp
Scooby Regular

Wink

Probably the MD of the ISP you almost put of business with the download fest of your newest material!
Old 21 December 2003, 01:36 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

lol, i have to park on a well crowded street when i goto my birds place, its like everybody who goes to newcastle takes up most of the streets parking and leaves non for the residents and stuff, its possible that it could have happend there but the last few times ive been the near side has been towards the kerb so its probably nothing to do with that

suspicious parking from a white car last nite in a car park, i picked a spot miles away from other cars (as you do) and when i come back theres sum **** parked right next to me with nigh on full lock (like they fooken do)

went to sainsburys today for sum bits and bobs
drove right around the car park looking for a suitble space, you know the ones, no 4x4`s or people carriers around, nicer cars that looked like there looked after to park next to (who gives a toss about sum scrappy old fiesta) and found a corner of the car park that can only be described as "for thos who like to take up 2 spaces"

carefully selected a spot which was in only 1 bay, but between 2 other cars there were taking up 2 spaces each
loads of room there

i always frown upon people taking up 2 spaces and stuff, but this is twice now that the scoobs been "nudged" and its not fooken on!