Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Extra income

Search this Thread

Old 20 December 2003, 11:16 PM
rogp
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Serious question, I need an extra source of income either working from home or part time.

What's the easiest way to earn £300 or so per month?

McDonalds is out before anyone suggests that!

What can I do from home?

Old 20 December 2003, 11:23 PM
Poor Guy
Scooby Regular

KFC pays well apparently.
Old 20 December 2003, 11:26 PM
goonasuk
Scooby Regular

Dont do those packing things - you knwo the ones earns £00's from home working.....

an example, g/f's mum did it - had to put Xmas tags into the plastic wallets and staple them shut!! Boring as hell, and had to do a box of about a 1,000 before getting any money and tink she only got £5-£10 per box!!
Old 21 December 2003, 12:13 AM
rogp
Scooby Regular

That sounds a bit soul destroying.

I don't mind working hard but that is ridiculous.

Any other suggestions?
Old 21 December 2003, 12:16 AM
beemerboy
Scooby Regular

web design?
computer repairs?

what are you in to?
skills etc?

car mechanic?

theres loads of things

gardening?

car cleaning/valeting?

BB
Old 21 December 2003, 12:28 AM
rogp
Scooby Regular

BB - I work in I.T and had thought about putting ads in newsagents etc for PC repairs and advice etc. I suppose it can't do any harm.

Like I said i don't mind working hard to earn my money but it has to have a worthwhile return.
Old 21 December 2003, 12:43 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

my mates bringing home 1k per week at the moment running a car cleaning center

thats take home pay after hes payed his staff and bought all his bits and bobs
hes only been doing it scince the summer and he picks up his new ralliart evo 6 next week

i might have to move back into valeting sumtime asap
Old 21 December 2003, 01:12 AM
Mr.Cookie
Scooby Regular

Rogp

If you got a local cattering agency near you, how about waiting or bar work, i think you may be a bit far away but scattergoods are guildford based but go out quite far call them on 01483 461950

Si
Old 21 December 2003, 01:16 AM
rogp
Scooby Regular

Cheers Si, I might just give that a go. Guildford is about 20 minutes drive from me.

Keep the ideas coming.....
Old 21 December 2003, 02:53 AM
Albert47
Scooby Regular

If yr that short of money. Try tax credits from the goverment. If you dont earn enough money they give the difference to make it a decent wage. A friend of mine did it he recieved 2G over 4 months, or are just after extra cash.

Other ideas Posting The litle Kleenex Mags ( the little homeware stuff you can buy) They make s**t loads or sell yr Body.

[Edited by Albert47 - 12/21/2003 2:58:47 AM]
Old 21 December 2003, 03:51 AM
Hammy Hamster
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Edited - I was talking drivel

[Edited by Hammy Hamster - 12/21/2003 9:59:29 AM]
Old 21 December 2003, 09:16 AM
rogp
Scooby Regular

Thanks for all the suggestions so far.
Old 21 December 2003, 09:35 AM
Crapaud62
Scooby Regular

Rogp

My wife has just started a Kleeneze business (not Kleenex you Muppets!).

It is incredibly easy and only has tiny outlay of £75 to get you started. For this you can start earning money straight away. She has already make over £200 in the last few weeks just from doing a few hours per week. As soon as the customer base is up and running it should produce a lot more than this. There is no direct selling and no cash outlay as you collect the money from the punters before you pay the company.

I was cynical that it sounded too easy but it really does work. The only costs you have are lost catalogues due to people binning them or them getting wet.

It is definately not a "get rich quick scheme". The rewards and income are directly proportional to the amount of work you put in. You can do just a few hours a week to start off and gradually build it up as you get the hang of it. Their is no miniumum order amounts so you only ever have to invest the initial £75. Obviously you can buy more catalogues at about 50p each to increase your business. You also get full support from other people who sponsor you. Best £75 we ever invested.

Email me if anyone wants more details and I can send a video or CD giving all the details. horman@waffapool.fsnet.co.uk
Old 21 December 2003, 12:21 PM
darlodge
Scooby Regular

Crapaud62,

My sister used to work for Kleeneze selling their products. She earnt about £25 in a month as people would buy the products and then return them as the quality was crap. She then found out that she was then responsible for returning the products UNLESS she returned them at the same time of an order above about £50. As people were retuning things left right and centre (and no longe buying them) she had to pay the courier fees out of her pocket.

There is also a HUGE amount of compatition. Some Kleeneze workers can get a bit nasty if you are working on 'their patch'.

I know in my close, there are 2 or 3 different people that deliver the Kleeneze books to our house!!

Darren
Old 21 December 2003, 12:41 PM
paulwrxboro
Scooby Regular

Talking

sell some crap on ebay
buy a set of ladders spend a day knocking on doors youl soon get a window round
or if you own a scooby sell it
all the above work hope this helps
Old 21 December 2003, 01:08 PM
Crapaud62
Scooby Regular

Darlodge

Sorry but you are talking complete rubbish. We have made over £200 in the last three weeks with only 100 catalogues. In over £1,000 of sales we have only had one item (worth £4.99) returned as it was damaged (and that might have been my fault). Everyone has been very happy with the products and we have already had repeat orders from some customers.

Your sister must have been very badly let down by her sponsor. The returns policy is certainly not as you describe. You actually still make a tiny profit on the returns as they only take back 95% of the profit on the item returned. You would only have to pay for the returns if you had resigned as an agent (which I assume is what happened to your sister?).

I'm very sorry that it didn't work out for her but your comments are highly inaccurate and grossly misleading.

There is no "patch" for each agent and the secret to making a success of it is the same as every other business ie simply hard work and keeping the customers satisfied, both of which we are managing to do.

I accept that some of the products are a bit naff but the punters seem to like them and they produce profits

No scheme will work for everyone but this business has proved to us that it does work for us.
Old 21 December 2003, 02:10 PM
Albert47
Scooby Regular

CRAPAUD62, My apologies mate. I meant to say Kleeneze not Kleenex. It would of been funny though if he posted tissues through the doors.
Old 21 December 2003, 07:32 PM
darlodge
Scooby Regular

Crapaud62,

She may have just been unlucky, but none the less she was not happy selling Kleeneze products that she and her customers though were substandard. I am not saying that all Kleeneze products are substandard, I've bought things from them in the past and they were fine but enough of her customer base wanted to return items as they were not good quality. Maybe my sister was just sent out a bad batch of products or maybe her customers are very picky

A lot of her customers were happy with the quality and too, became return customers but after taking on the comments of the unsatisfied customers she could see what they were saying and decided to stop selling. As a result she has a pile of books, bags, leaflets etc. but hey you can’t win them all.

My sister may have misinformed me of the returns policy. As you said, she may have been let down by her sponsor, but the way she described it, you could only arrange 'pickup (for free)' of faulty/damaged/defective etc. items was if you placed an order at the same time. This is obviously not the way it works as you said.

I am glad it is working for you and the wife, I wish you all the best of luck

Darren
Old 21 December 2003, 07:33 PM
darlodge
Scooby Regular

Oh and apologies to rogp for stealing his thread

Darren
Old 22 December 2003, 09:45 AM
Crapaud62
Scooby Regular

Darren

Thank you for your full and honest reply. Sorry if I was a bit confrontational but the original topic asked for added income and I really believe this would help.

Agree that you sister was very badly let down by her sponsor who should have "held her hand" completely and dealt with any returns etc.

There is no magic answer to extra income unfortunately and luck will always play a part. Your sister was also unlucky in her sponsor, location and customers by the sound of it! In 500 potential customers we have only had two people be rude to us and tell us where to stick the catalogues! I can live with that.

Whatever you try for added income it will probably take a few months at least to establish itself. I like the isea of car valeting but that would also take time to build acustomer base.

What would be a fair price to charge for a full car valet?

What would people on here be prepared to pay???

Old 22 December 2003, 10:10 AM
Gidney&Knowlesy
Scooby Regular

American Car Wash charges me £12 for a full valet, inside & out. That's usually with 3 guys working on the car & takes about 7 minutes

Though I know from personal experience for me on my own to valet a car, it takes a good 45 minutes.

Personally I'd pay upto £30 for a full valet........
Old 22 December 2003, 10:47 AM
Goochie
Scooby Regular

45 mins???

It takes me a good 4 hours to clean my car inside and out.... or perhaps I'm just being a perfectionist LOL!