Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Huntley: Police "Oscar Speech"

Search this Thread

Old 17 December 2003, 01:22 PM
Luke
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

"I would like to thank, I would like to thank, I would like to thank ,I would like to thank...

Jesus It your bloody lot mate and the courts that are allowing this stuff to happen...

The Police and courts are worried about the wrong things in this Country.

I hope some top people get the sack over this.

ANOTHER GREAT BRITAIN FUKK UP

I thank you not.....
Old 17 December 2003, 01:26 PM
MooseRacer
Scooby Regular

Luke, I'd consider seeing a doctor if I was you. You really are posting some tripe lately.
Old 17 December 2003, 01:33 PM
Luke
BANNED

Moose

Come on tell me more.....

They check you out better when you dont pay the bloody congestion charge!!!!

How many more will get through the system??? to murder ,rape attack.with his history something should have been done.

If you dont agree fine...but lets hear why. My cards are always on the table.I dont Fukk with my words here or in real life. These girls died because the system failed to protect them.

[Edited by Luke - 12/17/2003 1:33:50 PM]
Old 17 December 2003, 01:39 PM
MooseRacer
Scooby Regular

How can you translate the fact that there were unproven allegations against him in the past, into it being the police's fault these horrific murders happened?

Nice and easy to rant with hindsight. I'd be more interested in hearing what could have been done differently?
Old 17 December 2003, 01:43 PM
Luke
BANNED

If they had done their job properly... Maybe (??) this would never had happened.

His previous is terrible. Every computer in the country should have had his names flagged as a danger.

They tell us soooo much krap about what a good job they are doing!!!
Old 17 December 2003, 01:46 PM
MooseRacer
Scooby Regular

But seriously Luke - what could the police have done to prevent this?
Old 17 December 2003, 01:49 PM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

"These girls died because the system failed to protect them."

what system....what system should exist that stops what happened? why not have a system that says any drink driver should never drive a car again?

very easy to see something and suggest a system should have been in place.

T
Old 17 December 2003, 01:54 PM
Luke
BANNED

Ok

Lets say we all tend to call the legal system in this country the Police.... Not true they are just Officers of the law and have to work within the guide lines /law etc.

So some of the blaim must go to the System that controls the Police.

Why did 2 forces fail to do a full and CORRECT search on his file??? Whay was his names not flagged as been a Danger...Lets be fair his record was terrible. Even if he didnt get convicted (Thats the system for you!!)

The media will murder the Police/system over this. And I hope so too. If any good could come out of this.............................................. . then lets DEMAND that we stop been all "PC" and Human rights nicey and start taking these people out of society .

The Police/system, Home office , Social workers etc etc look at the mess they have allowed to happen.

I hope that the families of the Girls find some peace at last..

But those that failed them should be dealt with.
Old 17 December 2003, 01:59 PM
Luke
BANNED

He was allowed to take a position of trust in a school after a security check by the authorities/Police. If they had stopped him as they should have done. he would not have got the job. The system failed to protect the children from a ****** nonce.
Old 17 December 2003, 02:11 PM
angrynorth
Scooby Regular

Oh dear, I am going to have to do something completely irrational here and agree with Luke

The police/school/local authority should have checked his file before he got the job at the school. He shouldn't have been on the streets anyway with a sheet like that. As they say, there is no smoke without fire and he was sure making a lot of smoke:

ACCUSATIONS

:: August 1995: Unlawful sex with a 15-year-old
:: April 1996: Unlawful sex with a 15-year-old
:: May 1996: Unlawful sex with a 13-year-old
:: May 1996: Unlawful sex with a 14-year-old
:: September 1997: Indecent assault on a 12-year-old
:: April 1998: Rape of an 18-year-old
:: May 1998: Charged with raping an 18-year-old. Charge later dropped
:: February 1999: Rape of a 17-year-old
:: July 1999: Rape of a 17-year-old

[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 17 December 2003, 02:19 PM
homer lawtey
Scooby Regular

The series of ****-ups that let it happen
Old 17 December 2003, 02:24 PM
Luke
BANNED

I admit to having a bit of a laugh /wind up etc here...

But only 2 things can bring me to tears. The rape etc of a child/woman or abuse to women or children. I find it easier to target my anger not at Ian Huntley but at the system that does nothing about these people.

Old 17 December 2003, 02:30 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

The Police did screw up, because Huntly filled in his job application for caretaker with a false surname. When the police did a background check it came back all clear. Once through he used his real name again.
Old 17 December 2003, 02:32 PM
Luke
BANNED

UB

not sure on this??

think he was honest and gave both names. Police only checked one????

Not 100% sure..
Old 17 December 2003, 02:38 PM
homer lawtey
Scooby Regular

All explained in link above (4 posts up)
Old 17 December 2003, 02:43 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

something like that. I wonder what the idea behind submitting a false name was though. I can only think it was to create just the confusion it did to allow him to slip through. Devient *******

UB[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 17 December 2003, 02:57 PM
adpd
Scooby Regular

Angry

He is a sick **** who deserves to get a hard time in prison.

Edited to say - I can't spell (twice)
[Edited by adpd - 12/17/2003 2:58:50 PM]

[Edited by adpd - 12/17/2003 2:59:20 PM]
Old 17 December 2003, 03:09 PM
Jye
Scooby Regular

Think MooseRacer should offer Luke an apology for this one.
Old 17 December 2003, 03:32 PM
NACRO
BANNED

Location: Your home is worthless.You can't afford to run your car.Your job is on the line.Schadenfreude rules.
A bit rich coming from you Jye, I'm still waiting for my apology.
Old 17 December 2003, 03:35 PM
MooseRacer
Scooby Regular

Apology offered Luke,

Sadly, even if Huntley was refused a job as caretaker, I don't think it would have made any difference.

Maybe Holly and Jessica would have lived, but only a matter of time before some poor innocent suffered.

"It's got to change. I understand that there's a civil liberties side as well and we can't set a system up where a malicious allegation could lead to somebody's career being blighted.

"But also we've got to protect children"

I don't know why all the cases against Huntley didn't goto court, but the above quote is very true. There obviously were mistakes made, let's hope they are learnt from and not repeated.

Old 17 December 2003, 09:32 PM
Luke
BANNED

Wink

Moose

You dont have to say sorry to me... It was your opinion at the time maybe you changed it??? But whats the other Krap stuff Ive been posting???(!!)
Old 17 December 2003, 10:53 PM
Jye
Scooby Regular

--A bit rich coming from you Jye, I'm still waiting for my apology--

Dont hold your breath.
Old 17 December 2003, 11:07 PM
pennylane
Scooby Newbie

Ok..although i agree that the system messed up....
...and that it coudl have prevented THEM being killed....

..but at the end of the day...Huntley is just one of them types of people....had it not been holly and jessica..it wodul have just been someone else until he was caught...

...like the police said...he was cunning..so he thought through what he was going to do...

...so it result woudl have happened sooner or later to some poor innocent kid...

...i think he was just as evil man..and justice is being served.
Old 17 December 2003, 11:32 PM
Jye
Scooby Regular

Angry

--i think he was just as evil man..and justice is being served--

What, Are the parent being going to be allowed to remove every part of his anatomy with very blunt instruments till death, revive him and then start again?
Old 17 December 2003, 11:39 PM
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

I'd advocate the death penalty for this type of crime.

Pure evil.

The way he lied, and said on national tv that 'I was the last friendly face they saw' and then to pretend to be mentally ill is beyond my comprehension as a human being.

I've never really been a capital punishment supporter, but for this cvnt I'd make an exception.
Old 18 December 2003, 01:42 AM
tiggers
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Luke is of course absolutely bang on with this post, but it will soon be all forgotten about by most people.

As happens every time the so called system (God forbid we should openly blame the police, the legal system, the data protection act or whatever else is at fault here) makes a mistake the media will jump up and down, the senior officers and politicians will promise a full investigation and changes to their procedures.

Six months down the line the media will have moved on and nothing will have happened other than a phoney paper summing up the investigation which will be ignored by anyone and everyone and all will return to normal until of course this sort of thing happens again.

tiggers.
Old 18 December 2003, 08:12 AM
MooseRacer
Scooby Regular

You dont have to say sorry to me... It was your opinion at the time maybe you changed it??? But whats the other Krap stuff Ive been posting???(!!)

You seem to be getting, how shall I put it, rather paranoid about government/state activities Luke.

Having said that, I hadn't fully read the catalogue of events in Huntley's past so yes, an apology was needed.

[Edited by MooseRacer - 12/18/2003 11:38:25 AM]
Old 18 December 2003, 08:51 AM
Scooby Regular

The problem here is that Huntley is a sick individual, though not so sick that he doesn't know what he's doing. With hindsight, it's easy to see that he's displayed classic symptoms of a paedophile, but he committed almost all of the (alleged) offences when he wasn't a school caretaker.

Obviously you don't want a person like that working at a school, but the fact remains that although these deaths may have been preventible, others almost certainly were not. He was going to carry on committing offences until he eventually got caught with enough evidence to convict, and if he was going to kill, he was going to do it anyway.

This doesn't excuse the various police services, but even if he'd been refused the caretaker's job but allowed to remain in the community (he was never convicted of anything, remember) we'd probably be reading about some other poor unfortunate in the mon ths or years to come.

The real question for me is how we square the presumption of innocence with the obvious trut that in Huntley's case (and so many others) there's enough reasonable suspicion to act. Perhaps we need to be allowed to look at past accusations and behaviours when court cases are tried to see whether there really is a pattern?

But even that wouldn't have helped with Huntley - although The Sun et al are claiming that he's a mixture of Pol Pot and Fred West, I'm not sure that the police had more than the flimsiest of evidence in many of the cases. One was reported to the police 10 months after it allegedly took place, another was reported to the police and the girl in question examined but her story not proved out by the police examination. Still another was when he was early 20's and was having consensual sex with a 15 year-old ...Illegal, yes, but not on the same scale as whatI would really define as rape. After all, how many young women have sex unfer the age of 16, and how many of them have older boyfriends? A large number, I'd bet.

I'm not claiming that Huntley's anything other than a monster, but what do we, as a society, do with people who we merely think are evil? Can we really lock people up just because we don't like them, or we think they've done /will do something wrong?

[Edited by 289 - 12/18/2003 8:56:02 AM]
Old 18 December 2003, 09:02 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Unhappy

Aren't we missing something VERY important here?

ALL of Huntleys' previous were ALLEGED offences.
NONE were taken forward for prosecution.

So are we now going to condemn someone, or refuse them work, or, God forbid, attack them, because of ALLEGED offences?

I know at least 3 people who, because of their line of work, have been accused of some of the sort of crimes that Huntley was accused of.
All of it was malicious, but they were alleged, so should we tell everyone who wants to know?
Should those "offences" be dragged up every time these guys apply for different jobs?

Alcazar
Old 18 December 2003, 09:50 AM
tiggers
Scooby Regular

Question

Anyone see officer from the Humberside police storming off Newsnight last night - they don't like it when they actually have to be accountable for their actions do they now?

Unfortunately only saw a brief highlights on the news this morning, if anyone saw it what was the gist of the whole thing?

tiggers.

[Edited by tiggers - 12/18/2003 9:51:20 AM]

Quick Reply: Huntley: Police "Oscar Speech"