Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Another Bank closing a call centre to move to India!

Search this Thread

Old 30 October 2003, 03:46 PM
Kevin Mc
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/tyne/3227291.stm

Mrs has an account with Lloyds TSB - time to move methinks.

Is there any bank left with call centres in the UK?
Old 30 October 2003, 03:51 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

First Direct
Old 30 October 2003, 03:53 PM
NACRO
BANNED

Location: Your home is worthless.You can't afford to run your car.Your job is on the line.Schadenfreude rules.
Lightbulb

Lloyds TSB employ a lot more than 900 people in call centers around the country. It amazes me people even care where they are situated. As long as the service doesn't suffer or even improves then good on them for cutting costs and giving shareholder value.
Old 30 October 2003, 03:54 PM
Jye
Scooby Regular

Angry

<rant mode>

TBO after personally recieving shoddy service time and time again from UK based firms is it any wonder. Everytime I try to get some decent service from UK firms I break out in a cold sweat wondering what kind of f*ck up I'm going to get this time.

Not that this is entirely relevant to call centres as I think all call centres are the work of the devil anyway, but perhaps we all had it coming.

Many UK workers and firms IMO are some the laziest b*****s on the planet.

<rant mode off>

[Edited by Jye - 10/30/2003 3:55:20 PM]
Old 30 October 2003, 03:55 PM
SiDHEaD
Scooby Regular

The service does suffer though. You can't understand what the **** they are muttering in their muffled foreign accents. And they usually have no idea what you are on about!

Andy
Old 30 October 2003, 03:57 PM
Old_Fart
Scooby Regular

Jye, you seem to suffer from an awful lot of personal rage dude. You getting laid regularly? Calm down or it's an early grave for you.
Rgds
Chuck
Old 30 October 2003, 04:01 PM
NACRO
BANNED

Location: Your home is worthless.You can't afford to run your car.Your job is on the line.Schadenfreude rules.
Question

You can't say that the service suffers in all cases, in fact this hasn't even happened yet so how the hell can you say the service is going to suffer?

I know of at least one case where better service along with reduced cost has been achieved, because I'm directly involved with it.
Old 30 October 2003, 04:03 PM
Jye
Scooby Regular

Dont I know it m8

Sorry but I had just spent 30 mins on the phone arguing with a 'top UK' double glazing firm who ended up swearing at me down the phone saying I was being 'overly fussy' cos I rejected their fecked up damaged doors a second time and wasnt happy with £150 off the two grand + they are charging me.

The muppets cant seem to understand I want a perfect door and a decent bloody joiner to fit it, not the part time jobbing gimps they send.

Whatever happened to professionalism and courtesy, grrrrrrrrrrr.

Old 30 October 2003, 04:04 PM
beemerboy
Scooby Regular

Jye, spot on mate.
My experience of jumped up suited ***kers telling me how it is, left me closing several bank accounts.

The TSB in fact tried to file bad debt against me by sayi9ng i was overdrawn when i closed the account down!!!

- even though i walked out of there with £2700 of my hard-earned savings!!!(and closed my bank book)

I asked them who the **** they think they are telling me waht i should be doing with my money!!!

I have even closed down an abbey account, after a tiller tried to sell me some ISA sh1te.

she said, have you ever considered...this this and this, in a patronising (lets embarass him in front of the saturday customers) voice.

So, me, in my even more patronising, suggested that she, being poor enough to have to work on a Saturday, should look at some investments herself. (red faced, not half. LOL)

they are all scum.

(disclaimer: any scoobynetters, or friends, relations of S/Ners are exept from above classification!)

BB........

Old 30 October 2003, 04:08 PM
Old_Fart
Scooby Regular

Don't get me started on the lack of courtesy shown in todays society..shudder. I'm stubborn though and I still hold doors open and wait for people to exit the lift before I enter..I'm perfectly content in the knowledge that I am a better person than the average discourteous, rude, ill tempered, pushy, ignorant, insular, racist, ********* I encounter each and every day.
Chuck ( And I'll wear a tie when I get *my* MBE)
Old 30 October 2003, 04:14 PM
WISHING
Scooby Regular

Norwich Union are the bloody same.
My cars are with them
My contence, and buildings
And another buildings insurance are all with them..... This year until renewal.

The people are from a different planet, either that or there told to act dumb.
Never again ...... UK Call centres all the way !

Guess whos also got 4 accounts with Lloyds.... doh !!
Old 30 October 2003, 04:19 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

*sigh* I'll say it again. Try First Direct. They only deal over the phone (and internet) and they are available 24 hours. I've never had any attitude problems with them at all (and they're all GB citizens). In fact if you make a minor infringment of the rules and go overdrawn for a day, they don't even charge you for it (which is nice )). Their whole emphesis seems to be on good service. If you really 'need' a bank <spit> to pay in a cheque or something you can use HSBC for that (also free).

UB

Jye - you tell 'em like it is. Don't accept shoddy goods or workmanship.

UB
Old 30 October 2003, 04:21 PM
Old_Fart
Scooby Regular

I just tell all the financial sales 'guru's' that I am a financial masochaist.
Barclays got particularly vocal when I left a nice 5 figure sum in my current account for a couple months. On the third occasion of them trying to get me to put it into a 'harder working' account I asked them what their best rate for instant access was, then pointed out that their very own e-saver account paid 1% more than the best branch rate they offered just me and promptly asked them to transfer the cash into my Cahoot account which was even better LOL
Chuck
As MR.T says, I pity the fool!
Old 30 October 2003, 04:22 PM
Andy Tang
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

I've had 'issues' with First Direct.

Where are Barclays in the whole call centre thing?
Old 30 October 2003, 04:22 PM
mattstant
Scooby Regular

I spent a good 15minutes in a Natwest listening to to some post pubescent about this amazing new account (ok i was feeling generous and i had a few minutes to kill)which gave me discount this free that and something of the other for nothing.
At the very end i was informed all this "FREE" stuff would cost me £5 a months most of which was useless like 10% discount in top shop yeah right a 39 year old has loads of use for that.

I think the whole branch heard my fuming invective and it was a VERY busy Saturday morning.
Old 30 October 2003, 04:29 PM
GaryK
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Another vote for first direct, think they are great with customer service and can call em 24hrs a day or do most of it online. I was with barclays before that, even after 3 yrs of online (business) banking and numerous complaints that by using their service I couldnt even comply with basic UK accounting practice for a ltd. company I gave up!!!

Gary
Old 30 October 2003, 04:48 PM
angrynorth
Scooby Regular

Slightly OT but the level of service in this country, as mentioned earlier, is truly shocking. I experienced a typical example of customer service this morning.

Every day I get the train into Manchester (I live 20 mins from the city centre by car, 10 mins by train) I get to the station at 8. This morning my train, the 8.05 arrives with only 2 carriages, packed to the ceiling. The conductor tells me they are not letting anyone else on because of safety issues (doesn't usually bother them) This is purely because there were only 2 carriages not the usual 4.

Anyway I ask him why there are only 2 carriages he replys, in that now traditional British customer service tone,

Don't know, don't care mate. Not my problem.
What a ****! I put my trust in a service that he and his colleagues provide to get me to work on time, and I get comments like that.

Sorry for the long post but it makes my blood boil.
Old 30 October 2003, 04:52 PM
NACRO
BANNED

Talking

quote: "Don't know, don't care mate. Not my problem"

That's the attitude that made the UK what it is today- have you no patriotism or sense of history man?
Old 30 October 2003, 04:55 PM
AndyBrew
Scooby Regular

I get telephone calls all bloody week with some guy I can hardly hear at the end of a phone with an accent that is so strong I can't understand a word he is saying, usually mobile phones I find!

Call Centres are absolute bo!!ocks!

This week I shut my Abbey National account because the nearest branch too me is right in the centre of Leicester because the only other one doesn't accept cash

HSBC they have a branch in my village which is being refurbed as we speak, and I have a direct line phone number into the branch, simple
Old 30 October 2003, 04:55 PM
angrynorth
Scooby Regular

I swear I would have smacked him in the chops if I wasn't still asleep
Old 30 October 2003, 04:59 PM
NACRO
BANNED

Talking

quote: "I get telephone calls all bloody week with some guy I can hardly hear at the end of a phone with an accent that is so strong I can't understand a word he is saying"

I used to get people from North East based call centers phoning me up too! Couldn't understand a bloody word. Thank god they are moving to india.
Old 30 October 2003, 10:07 PM
Stueyb
Scooby Regular

Well I spent 3 feckin hours on the phone to dell support in india trying to get a laptop sorted. Basically they wanted me to run 24 hour diagnostics, reseat all the components and reinstall the bloody os.

I told them no, just get an engineer to site, here is the PO if required just do it, so the tech turns up the DAY AFTER he was supposed to turn up and agrees its a faulty m/b on the spot. The call centre gave the wrong contact #, the wrong address too. Thats how bad it can be.
Old 30 October 2003, 10:14 PM
beemerboy
Scooby Regular

StueyB, hope you havent lost these pics, after all that!!!

BB
Old 30 October 2003, 10:29 PM
Boro
Scooby Regular

Watch this space... Abbey National will be next [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 30 October 2003, 10:53 PM
ajm
Scooby Regular

LOL! loving all the direct action against incompetance!

The Dad of a mate of mine was trying to pay in a cheque in his local branch but they refused to accept it because it had been amended (and initialled) despite the fact that the amended amount was LESS than the original amount!

He ended walking out with his savings in a plastic bag, leaving the bank still reverberating with his blue language!

Wish a bank would **** me off enough to do something like that.... sounds great fun!
Old 30 October 2003, 11:05 PM
BOB.T
Scooby Senior

Red face

I've had an account with TSB for 10 years, I didn't even realise they had phones

I work for a Dutch company which also has offices in Denmark, Spain, Italy and very shortly Romania, the British attitude towards work stinks, it's fookin abmismal! It's embarassing comparing us with them