Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Sony Ericsson T610

Search this Thread

Old 19 October 2003, 09:40 PM
Spooks
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Surely some guys/gals in here use this phone? Looking to upgrade/renew with orange and this is about the best looking( option wise)one out there, looking for peoples veiws on it. Should I buy this one or wait for the new batch of bluetooth phones on the way?
Laters
Spooks
Old 19 October 2003, 10:08 PM
Mr.Cookie
Scooby Regular

Phone okay, battery life is okay if it doesn't ring unfortunately monday to friday thats all mine seems to do.
Screen is poor in direct sunlight but i think most colour phones are and you'll need to play around with a ring tone you can hear because you won't hear some of them even though you think there okay when your setting it up for yourself.
Overall it's a very good phone menu is easy to navigate and joystick is easy to get used too, and lastly text messaging is entertaining for the first few if your used to a nokia

Si
Old 20 October 2003, 09:09 PM
Spooks
Scooby Regular

ta for that, anyone else?
Spooks
Old 20 October 2003, 09:14 PM
ADP
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
its pretty good, but the camera is a waste of time IMHO
Old 20 October 2003, 09:45 PM
TurboKitty
Scooby Regular

Smile

I'm finding the signal to be very variable, and all too often on the unacceptably low side. I'm told this is a particular problem with the T610s, and it's due to the design of the aerial. I also find it absolutely impossible to see the screen in sunlight.

The games/pictures/ringtones/screensavers which are included are rubbish, so you'd almost certainly want to download some decent ones.

Having said that, it rates pretty highly as a gadget, although I wouldn't rave about mine.
Old 20 October 2003, 10:19 PM
dhorwich
Scooby Regular

Ive just bought this phone, very pleased with it, i sold my gd87 for it and its alot easier to use than the gd87.

I also find it absolutely impossible to see the screen in sunlight.
I think you will find this is not entirly true... try downloading the 'hal' theme from www.esato.com and you will find texting in direct sunlight fine..!!!

Dan
Old 20 October 2003, 10:22 PM
Father Jack Hackett
Scooby Regular

Spooks - when you say "the new batch of bluetooth phones on the way", which phones do you mean? I was in Carphone Warehouse today and they said there are loads of new phones on the way over the next few weeks, so don't buy yet. I've got my eye on a new clamshell design Sony Ericsson (though I'm sick of their OS on my T68i ... hopefully they'll have improved it) and a new Motorola.

What else is coming?
Old 20 October 2003, 10:46 PM
bloke
Scooby Regular

Smile

I like mine, having had a series of Nokias most of which broke down...

Easy and fun to use, battery life is ok on mine, and it holds a signal better than my last nokia.

Camera is more a party piece than anything but was fun to exchange pic texts with my g/f when she went away for a bit. Might be useful if you haved an accident or summat and need evidence.

Games are a bit pants but you can download better ones if thats your bag.

Screen is useless in bright light but that's true of most colour phones.

Doubtless new and better ones are on the horizon but the 610s are free right now which is the best bit for me

B
Old 20 October 2003, 11:25 PM
Spooks
Scooby Regular

There is a new Panasonic, Sony Ericsson, a few Motorolas and a samsung all Bluetooth, although I aint too sure of the samsung, I like the look of the Panasonic but both me and my missus could do with a new phone now.Well that and the fact is soo cheap ie FREE lol.
I assume all who have used the T610 find the bluetooth OK to use, as this will eventually become the main reason I get this type of phone.
Ta for all the opinions all.
Spooks
Old 21 October 2003, 09:39 AM
messiah
Scooby Regular

Location: Surviving as a soldier of fortune on the Los Angeles underground...
Currently have a T68i and am replacing it in a months time - after the experience with this one I won't have another Sony mobile again, the thing has a mind of its own.

I am a big Sony fan - so this has to be blamed on the Ericsson side of things...
Old 21 October 2003, 10:04 AM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

Just got a T610 the other day and I'm very impressed. Battery life is far better than my old Nokia.

I've used the Bluetooth and IR and pretty impressed with both functions. Only let down so far is the cr@p software supplied which I can't get to run without ActiveX errors all of the time.
Managed to transfer my numbers from my Nokia to the T610, but took ages to find a method that worked ! Uploading pictures, ringtones and themes via Bluetooth is an absolute doddle
Old 24 October 2003, 08:15 PM
beefola
Scooby Regular

Coming from a Nokia i found the OS really irritating at first, but then as with most things i got used to it and its now fine to use. There are a few niggles, but other than that its a nice phone.

The thing i like is its solidity. Hold it next to a Nokia 7250, and it feels like a iron compared to Bolsa wood.

Good phone.

Beef
Old 24 October 2003, 08:41 PM
class_A
Scooby Regular

T630 is its upgrade/replacement, better battery life and RF performance, due out before Christmas. Also take a look at the Z600, it's the clamshell version of the T610/T630.
Old 24 October 2003, 10:51 PM
planky
Scooby Regular

The Z600 is too big! IMO
I bought the E700 which is a great phone,the only let down is no bluetooth,but for some reason Samsung don't normally add that on their phones??.

Old 25 October 2003, 05:04 PM
Father Jack Hackett
Scooby Regular

Check out this review of the E700 ... must have been translated by a machine!

[Edited by Father Jack Hackett - 10/25/2003 5:06:54 PM]
Old 25 October 2003, 06:10 PM
Scoobychick
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

I've gone from a T68i to a T610 and really like it, I've found nothing to complain about yet. I switched to Orange and got a cracking deal which no other provider could match

However I've found the SE XTND software to be the spawn of the devil and have failed spectacularly to get it to work with my Bluetooth dongle even after all new updates and patches I also failed to get it to work with my T68i too so no change there then

Two sites I've found to be of use are Esato and MyT610

[Edited by scoobychick - 10/25/2003 6:11:06 PM]
Old 25 October 2003, 07:29 PM
Spooks
Scooby Regular

well we decided to buy two T610's, when I say buy twas foc so cant complain lol.
Nice phone after playing, now just need to get the Subaru theme on it with some personalised ring tones and were laughing.
With regards to the T630 I will prolly get that when it comes out(assuming I like this one), but Orange are "unsure" of when its gonna be avail, looks better IMHO and will have a better screen as you had said.
Cheers for the replies to all
Spooks