Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Sunday Cruisers are targeted in clampdown...

Search this Thread

Old 10 June 2003, 09:47 PM
greasemonkey
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The police will spend a lot of cash clamping down, but the moajority of cruisers will go to ground. They will meet elsewhere but keep it quiet.
Surely that's the most important thing? If the biggest idiots lose their licences and the rest cool their jets and keep it sensible for a while, the other Nottingham residents will feel altogether safer?

[Edited by greasemonkey - 10/6/2003 10:19:27 PM]
Old 06 October 2003, 07:40 PM
AlanS
Scooby Regular

Anyone seen the news on Central TV regarding last night's Sunday Cruisers in Nottingham City Centre?

To fill you in, Nottingham City Centre's one way system around the Broadmarsh Bus/Car Park is a meeting place for cruisers on a Sunday night. Unfortunately, many of them are recklessly speeding and dangerously use the circle system as a racetrack.

This past-time has become so popular that over 40 cars were there last night as I returned home through the City Centre.

Apparently, a driver of an EVO VI had her car confiscated by the Police for breach of a written warning the previous week. Release fee £130.

Central TV interviewed a prize plonker, namely 19 yr old zitty faced boy, who when asked why they all use the City Centre as a racetrack, thought it was a great opportunity to speed and race round the streets.

Old 06 October 2003, 08:03 PM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

Typical sensationalist media hype. All to be expected really. It just reforces my belief that the only good journalist is one that is on fire.
However it is not all bad. This is what will happen with the cruisers. The police will spend a lot of cash clamping down, but the moajority of cruisers will go to ground. They will meet elsewhere but keep it quiet. In six months time the police will have no money left and will leave the area. The cruisers will slowly return and normal service will be resumed.
If there is one virtue cruisers cannot be denied its the virtue of patience.
astraboy.
Old 06 October 2003, 08:26 PM
AlanS
Scooby Regular

The police have had to step in because the cruising has got out of hand.

There are some decent cruisers and there are those on a deathwish. I live in Nottingham and see these guys racing around every Sunday, using all four lanes and the 3 sets of lights like a Grand Prix circuit. It's only a matter of time before the small minority spoil it for the majority.

I've seen an instance where one pratt cut up a taxi driver from lane 3 to 1 so he could get to be alongeside his rival at the lights.
Old 07 October 2003, 01:02 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

cruiseing is dead, it has been for a while

no longer is it a group of enthusiasts gathering to enjoy each others cars, its not every tom dick and harry gathering to **** about and cause trouble

car shows are the future
Old 07 October 2003, 09:11 AM
DRUNKNORGY
Scooby Regular

This is the point at which 'Cruisers' loose credibility and aquire the tag 'boy racers'. Where do you draw the line?. The public perception of both is exactly the same. A cruiser is a driver of a modified car who meets others to show and look, A boy racer is a driver of a car(not necessarily modified) who does the same but without the self restraint when leaving the carpark.
The police in many occasions will let the speed limits slide in the national speed limit, but in the 30,40 & 50 limits are red hot. How many cruiser meetings take place in the national speed limit zones ?.
Old 07 October 2003, 11:05 AM
PhilsGT4
Scooby Regular

The problem with the police's attitude is that they are reacting due to public pressure. This means that innocent people are being cautioned for doing nothing. For example three weeks ago I was driving into Torquay and stopped for a 5 minute chat with a frien I had not seen for a few weeks. We parked in a car park and after a few minutes a Police Transit van screams into the car park and blocks the entrance. Two officers wander over to a group and strat talking to them. We assumed that they had been seen driving dangerously or what ever and that they had eventually caught up with them. Anyway the officers then wander round the car park and tell me and my friend that they are going to be keepiung a very close eye on this car park due to the rising number of complaints they have been receiving from members of the public. They told us not to worry as they realised that we were not causing any trouble and they seemed fair enough.

This friday just gone I return home from work to find a letter from Devon & Cornwall Constabulary informing that I was being cautioned and that under the Police Reform Act 2002 (think thats right)as complaints had been made on the said night that I had been playing loud music, performing hand brake turns and screeching of tyres. If I was seen to be in a car park where this was happening again my car would be confiscated. I rang the Police immediately and they're attitude is that I've been cautioned end of story - live with it. I tried to reason tht I could not be held responsible for other peoples actions but they weren't interested.

So if I'm ina car park and someone wheelspins their car I could lose my car.

I'm now taking it up with my solicitor and the Chief Inspector.

Trending Topics

Old 07 October 2003, 12:49 PM
Dazza01
Scooby Regular

Cool

PhilsGT4, so basically i could call the police give them a reg number belonging to Joe Public, they then send this form to them and if they are reported again there car is confiscated ???
Old 07 October 2003, 05:55 PM
scooby nutter
Scooby Regular

Get down to your solicitor asap and get a Human Rights case going.
There will be some law against them doing this to you,Hell,Even terrorists have rights.Why shouldnt you.

Since when has it been illegal to sit in your car and listen to tunes anywhere?I agree about some ******** who insist on ragging their mums done up nova about ,they should be done.But having a harmless talk to your mate??

Once the word is out that theres a case going on these things should stop.

F . T . P .
F***THE POLICE
Old 07 October 2003, 07:17 PM
AlanS
Scooby Regular

Unfortunately that's not the attitude. Phil was in the wrong place at the wrong time, **** happens!

The caution was unfortunate but like everything in life the majority suffer due to the actions of the minority...