Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Anyine stay in Disney Complex

Search this Thread

Old 30 September 2003, 02:55 PM
RoShamBo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We are going to Florida in January & were either going to stay 10 nights in a house with pool etc - half an hour away from Disney, or in a Disney Hotel on-site.
Anyone done this - reccomend a place etc. Is it worth doing or do you get sick to the back teeth of Disney-everything after a few days ?

Any comments on where to stay in the Disney vilage would be helpful

thanks

Ro.
Old 30 September 2003, 04:07 PM
Tracey
Scooby Regular

We have never stayed in one of Disney's resort hotels, but would like to.

However for the last 2 times, we have had a villa with our own pool and it was lush. All your home comforts and having a pool to yourself to is great. It's like coming home to home (if you know what I mean) after a hard day walking around the parks.

I can't remember the name of the place where we stayed last time but the estate was very quiet, all the way up the end of the 192 (if that's any help)

I would definitely recommend a villa.

Have fun.

Cheers

Tracey

[Edited by Tracey - 9/30/2003 4:08:51 PM]
Old 30 September 2003, 04:08 PM
Scooby96
Scooby Regular

Theres a guy on here that advertises his condo - £450ish a week
Old 30 September 2003, 04:29 PM
SeanT
Scooby Regular

If you want info on the disney hotels try

www.mousesavers.com

the lady who runs this was excellent and gets you great deals, we stayed in the all star movies hotel which was excellent and my 2 young children really enjoyed it....
Old 30 September 2003, 04:50 PM
AudiMan
Scooby Regular

Wink

Stayed at the Disney Polynesian last October, FANTASTIC !!! bl**dy expensive, but then it's a 4/5 star hotel, the rooms are big the staff really friendly (but not sickly), the room card does everything, opens the door, gets you into the park, you can charge stuff to it etc etc...
You don't have to pay to park at any of the disney resorts, any stuff you buy in the parks you can have sent back to your room to save carrying round with you.
Free bus transport between the resorts (although that's not briliant)
I did the villa thing 2 years previously, hire care etc.. my opinion it's worth every penny extra to stay at Disney, going again in 2005 to the Carribean beach resort.
Any other info you need let me know as I've done most things while there.
Ian..
Old 30 September 2003, 05:22 PM
johnr
Scooby Regular

Smile

Stayed at the Caribbean Beach earlier this year. Very clean and quite nice but not what I would call brilliant. We were lucky as we were in the next complex along from the foodcourt/bar area but much further away would have been a pain I suspect. Only one bar on site and they'll only serve you one drink at a time (we eventually got her to serve us rounds as we were all sitting outside but we still all had to wave every time someone went to the bar just so she could prove there was a group!). Downtown Disney is a bus ride away and that was good, clubs of every type although the booze was expensive.

We were there for a mates wedding and they day after there was a wedding breakfast at the Grand Floridian, now THAT was somewhere special. I'd go back to a Disney hotel again but it would either be the Floridian or maybe the Beach Club or the Yacht Club, both of which were also nice.

Cheers,

John
Old 30 September 2003, 05:36 PM
Allan
Scooby Regular

Would defo recommend a Disney Resort.
A lot will depend on your own expectations and if you have a family. We have stayed several times at Port Orleans (Riverside), used to be called Dixie Landings, for us this resort is perfect (family of 4).
1. Great food hall for breakfast/late night snacks.
2. Easy free shuttle ride, no messing with parking.
3. Short boat ride to Disney Village, very pleasant in the evening, don't have to worry about having a drink cos your not driving
4. Good pool.
5. Good sized rooms and general facilities.
6. Medium grade resort therefore the cost is not bad.

We don't even bother with a car, use the shuttle everywhere and relax. You will find plenty to do even if you don't venture further than Disney.

Allan
Old 30 September 2003, 05:43 PM
merlin
Scooby Regular

My sister owns a villa in Orlando. I haven't been yet but I'm told it's great. Hopefully I shall be going in December. There are more details at http://www.villas2000.com/frbvo/homes/1101.php
Old 30 September 2003, 06:04 PM
barge
Scooby Regular

done disney world Music & Movie hotels.

cheap & cheerful but the kids loved it.

will do it again