Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Where to get pi$$ed in Frankfurt !

Search this Thread

Old 09 August 2003, 10:48 PM
imlach
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stacks of Irish pubs in one section, but FULL of Brits!!
Prob best to avoid unless you want to waste your time in an Irish pub!!

Went to a club on a road near the docks (redevloped - FULL of car dealerships) and it was ok. Quite far out though.....

Ended up in a really posh club near the railway station - sorry, can't remember any names!!! Useful as ever, eh!

My friend lives in Frankfurt though so could prob give you his email as he works in Marketing and knows everywhere.....

[Edited by imlach - 9/8/2003 10:50:25 PM]
Old 08 September 2003, 09:38 PM
ADP
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

Anyone!

Im off to the motorshow at the weekend, and want a good night out - anyone recomend pubs/bars/clubs etc
Old 09 September 2003, 10:22 AM
Amen Corner
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Where to start ADP. where to start ....

I live in Frankfurt myself, but alas I'm not going to be here while the motorshow is on . Whereabouts are you staying, as I might be able to reccommend something nearby?

If you want a blokey, pissed up night then O'Reilly's opposite the Hauptbahnhof will see you ok. As will any of the Fox chain of English pubs (Fox and Hounds in the Westend, Fox and Fiddle in the centre and Fox and Grapes in Sachsenhausen). There's a much better Irish pub up in Bornheim. on Bergerstrasse, called McGowan's. It's even run by somebody who is Irish

If you're looking for something a little more sophisticated:

Studio (near the Hauptwache, so right in the centre) is pretty good, although it's really a summer place (they have a huge roof terrace which was still open last week, but it's starting to get colder here now).

Also very central are:

Living - night club under the ECB building - does largely 80s/90s music. Big, very popular and quite good.

Sinkasten - very studently club off the Konstablerwache doing 70s soul/ disco.

Lounge - very trendy bar near Goetheplatz but quite small and gets very crowded

Central Station - new trendy bar on Taunusanlage opposite the ECB which seems quite good.

The pace imlach is talking about is probably King Kamekhamea. It's out East on the Hanauer Landstrasse next to a Jaguar showroom and is probably the coolest bar/ club in Frankfurt. Right next door there's another bar called Zanzibar, although again, that's really a summer place since it's just one big roof terrace. Not sure if it's still open now it's September.

Oh, and if you get to that point of the morning where it's 4am, everything else has shut, and you feel like "one for the road", there's always Dee-light. Tucked off behind the Zeil (I think the street it's on is called Holzgrab), it should usually see you through until daylight

Hope that gives you something to think about

AC (the alcoholic)
Old 09 September 2003, 12:41 PM
ADP
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice one AC, just the kind of info I needed