Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Pulled a car thief out of the river.

Search this Thread

Old 01 September 2003, 05:16 PM
Mufasa
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

I never thought I'd hear myself say it, but I did genuinely feel a bit sorry for him.

Lifeboat pager goes off at 2am, Police tell us there's a kid in the river, they've got one of their boats on the way but it's at least 40 minutes away. We get there in 5 and haul him out of the water.

He was about 15 - 17 shivering uncontrollably and crying his eyes out, there must have been 30+ coppers on the bank, 2 riot vans, loads of panda cars and a helicopter! No wonder he was shat himself and jumped in!

Basically he had got p!ssed up with some mates and decided to have a root around in a car for some CD's etc, someone spotted him and called the police.

While trying to warm him up and waiting for an ambulance, he told us he was due to go in the army in October and they would never take him now, so his life is fcuked as far as he knows.

I've had my cars nicked \ vandalised in the past and have often thought how I would deal with the little b4st4rds had I caught one, well now I know

What do you reckon will the army still take him? Best place for him I reckon.

Muf
Old 01 September 2003, 05:18 PM
Dunk
Scooby Regular

Think he might fail the evading capture test.

D
Old 01 September 2003, 05:19 PM
andrewdelvard
Scooby Regular

Basically he had got p!ssed up with some mates and decided to have a root around in a car for some CD's etc, someone spotted him and called the police.
You mean he vandelised and broke into someone elses car for either a laugh or profit or both? He then legged it, jumped in the water nearly drowned and now he's worried about his career?

Good.

Old 01 September 2003, 05:22 PM
Mufasa
Scooby Regular

Never done anything stupid when p!ssed up then?

Don't get me wrong I glad the Police got him, and he is going to get done. But what now for him, back on the street to vandalise more cars?
Old 01 September 2003, 05:25 PM
andrewdelvard
Scooby Regular

No I haven't. Ever. Oh and alcohol is no excuse. Hope he suffers good and proper.
Old 01 September 2003, 05:26 PM
RichWalk
Scooby Regular

whatever happens to him, looks like he will be costing the taxpayer a good deal of dosh...
Old 01 September 2003, 05:28 PM
fitzscoob
Scooby Regular

was he upset and crying because he was sorry about the damage and distress he caused with his theiving antics or was he upset because he got caught?

I find it really hard to feel sorry for theiving scum, being a first hand victim of car breakins myself i hope they throw the book at him.

Which middle east country used to (or still does) cut the hands off of people caught stealing? Personally i think this should be brought in over here, maybe then alot more other people will respect other peoples property. this will never happen sadly probably due to politics and to damn many tree hugging humanitarians running the country.
Old 01 September 2003, 05:29 PM
CHRIS_D
Scooby Regular

Red face

What do you reckon will the army still take him? Best place for him I reckon
we've got enough of that generation in already, us (the grown ups) spend most of our time bailing them out of the **** and sorting their welfare rather than concentrating on more important things - ie training troops for war etc etc. if i had a pound for every ****** in my unit alone that needs kicking out ......[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

he'll stil get in no doubt cos the army is so desparate for recruitment, trouble is its people like us paying taxes for this waste of sp**k [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

<rant over>

sorry to go off thread

chris
Old 01 September 2003, 05:39 PM
Mufasa
Scooby Regular

Question

Chris, are they all a waste of space or do you manage to straighten any up?
Old 01 September 2003, 05:40 PM
NACRO
BANNED

Location: Your home is worthless.You can't afford to run your car.Your job is on the line.Schadenfreude rules.
Have to agree that drowning would have been a just reward.

As for screwing up his prospects in the armed forces I think the last post said it all.
Old 01 September 2003, 05:46 PM
Scooby Regular

My cousin was the archetypal Glaswegian hard nut. Got into a fair amount of trouble (shoplifting, progressing to car crime, then assault).

Went into the Army, and very quickly grew up. Suddenly you could have a sensible conversation with him, and we realised that although he's not the brightest bloke in the world, he'd found a sense of purpose. There was, in fact, a decent guy under all that bravado.

Went to the Falklands when he was 18/19, saw active service, got a medal for bravery. The Army certainly sorted him out - we're all proud of the way he turned his life around - though I suppose it's all about whether there's anything decent there in the first place.
Old 01 September 2003, 06:09 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

maybe this might make him realise he was a bit of a ***** and that there are consequences to your actions.
Old 01 September 2003, 06:16 PM
carl
Scooby Regular

When he comes out of the army, instead of just being a scally, he'll be a scally trained in planning and execution of 'missions', and the use of weaponry
Old 01 September 2003, 06:19 PM
Boro
Scooby Regular

If the young kid learns his lesson and gets a life then all is well. If he continues with his thievin antics then eventually it will all come crashing down on him.

What goes around comes around.
Old 01 September 2003, 06:34 PM
CHRIS_D
Scooby Regular

mufasa

i would probably say 50/50 IMO

those that dont get booted out (and it is very hard to do so) end up getting out themselves eventually when they realise they have no future or career in the army (and the army is a good career for the majority)

trouble is todays modern army is starting to.....oops, wrong word...... is already filling with the playstation II generation, lazy little sods......give em a job and they ask why ?? (normally need telling to do twice and 100% supervision) 10 years ago you told someone to do a job, they would jump and have it done to a high standard without questions & whinging. its a shame, all the decent lads, falkland vets alike etc etc are now either out or getting out mainly due to this fact.

suppose its the same in civvy street ?? i don't know?

chris

(sorry - off topic again)
Old 01 September 2003, 06:42 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you go fishing mate, throw the little turds back, seriously I would be p1ssed of to be dragged out of bed to save a somebody who has commited a crime and hasnt the ***** to say its a fair cop when they are caught good and proper.

Fine job you lifeboat crews do, what a waste of resources.

Hope he gets in the Army, he will either learn something or top himself.
Old 01 September 2003, 07:19 PM
WRX Wannabe
Scooby Regular

I cant believe you feel sorry for him

If he had just broken into my car i dont think i would have had the same passion as to pull him out of the river

But at the end of the day that IS YOUR job and he is now in the hands of the police to face upto his actions
Old 01 September 2003, 07:56 PM
PG
Scooby Regular

same type of thing cutting a p!ssed up driver from his car while he laughing and joking with you knowing that the occupants in the other car are dead at the scene[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
but as has been said. Its part of the job so you get on with it
Old 01 September 2003, 08:13 PM
wakeboardar
Scooby Regular

ive been a right tw@T in my youth but changed as time goes on

sounds like he would not do it again

hope he does go to the army

you can bet some of the members of this board have done far worse

usually the ones first to judge,

hes a kid
Old 02 September 2003, 10:31 AM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

I've never been in the Army but it seems to me they will teach a little more than mission planning and the use of weaponry.