Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

fights in night clubs

Search this Thread

Old 25 August 2003, 10:04 AM
fitzscoob
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ok, went to my local night club last night, was having a good time and all was going well until........

i headed off to the lavs, standing there, saw an old college mate so started talking to him, then this little gob ****e and his big mate start to get involved for some unknown reason. We exchanged words and I went back to find my drink.

About 15 minutes later, needed the lav again so off i trot, im in there for 5 seconds when the big fella follows me in. So theres me thinking oh great here we go. I finish up and he waits there??? I walk past him and head back to my mates again.

As soon as im back a bouncer and the club manager tap me on the shoulder, they take me out of the club into the fire escape. They then proceed in a gestapo style questioning, You had a fight tonight mate??? You have been pointed out as a trouble maker!! Did you bottle someone?

So theres me gobsmacked, denying it all of course. I went on to explain that me and this fella exchanged words thats it.

The bouncer then tells me that the little guy was bottled on the dance floor (sod all to do with me) and now there are a load of blokes waiting out the front. he opens the back door and tells me hes giving me a 5 minute head start, tells me to run!

Now all my mates are wondering what happened, my gf doesnt know where i am, although she does know that there are blokes waiting outside for me. 2 of my mates came outside and got a smack from the guys waiting. The rest of my mates are downstairs waiting to come out.

Now what got me annoyed apart from the fact that this was nothing to do with me was the way that the bouncer fed me to the dogs as it were, they didnt care what happened aslong as it doesnt happen in their club.

What makes people look for trouble in clubs?? all i wanted was a beer with my mates.

gonna go see the manager and have a row with the jumped up ***** tomorow, see how brave he is when he has no bouncers there holding his hand. ***** dont realise that my family own the factory 2 doors down from the club, so i will be seeing him. personally i think he owes me an apology.

good night turned into a pants night in a matter of seconds.

Sorry this went on for a bit as im still a bit wound up :P
Old 25 August 2003, 10:12 AM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

I never go to nightclubs these days. full of pissed up ****** who are there to get juiced and start a ruck.
I went to Tribal Gathering last night. licenced for 10,000 people, it was full to the brim and I never saw one bit of trouble all night. what does that tell you?
astraboy.
Old 25 August 2003, 10:25 AM
Poor Guy
Scooby Regular

thats the reason i go to town on a thursday. not overcrowded early on and by the time im drunk things have livened up. fridays and saturdays look as tho you need to hire your own bouncer!
Old 25 August 2003, 10:45 AM
jameswrx
Scooby Regular

Received 40 Likes on 27 Posts
What makes people look for trouble in clubs
Alcohol + testosterone filled idiots. Thats my guess
Old 25 August 2003, 11:05 AM
MattW
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

I've never been a fan of nightclubs. Much prefer to find a pub with a friendly landlord if you like to have a drink late.
Old 25 August 2003, 11:09 AM
CC
Scooby Regular

yep I agree with the sentiments thus far...

Ure local average clubs nowadays are too overcrowded, too many muppets on a beer fuelled trouble causing mission....which is very very sad.

Old 25 August 2003, 11:19 AM
Luke
BANNED

Night clubs!!!!!! soooooooooooooooooooooo last year.

Hate the places full of people with too much make up ,fake tan,hair gell and sunglasses......the ladies also where a bit to!!!

All the lads together feeling brave and macho... Bouncers who realy are just batty boys with muscles.

I hate the night life here in th eUK...people are so immature dealing with drink etc...

Feel sorry for you...

But at the first sign/smell of trouble next time walk right away...Only a fool stays to find out the next part..

Be lucky about talking to the manager.....unless you are 100% sure you can sort it out....Forget it and move on.

[Edited by Luke - 8/25/2003 11:54:48 AM]
Old 25 August 2003, 11:26 AM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts
had similar a couple of weeks ago kicked one lad in the head and nutted another then 4 of them gave me a kicking while me mate ran off
Old 25 August 2003, 11:30 AM
Mossman
Scooby Regular

Angry

Nightclubs - terrible places. I just don't understand the concept?
You pay to get in a place where you cannot talk, is dangerous, drinks are a rip off, full of arseholes and crap facilities. Not for me.

Mossman
Old 25 August 2003, 11:34 AM
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

Nightclubs = overpriced **** holes.

Let's hope the licensing laws are sorted so pubs can stay open later and put some of these robbing b@stards out of business.
Old 25 August 2003, 12:11 PM
Big Col
Scooby Regular

Lets not all tar every club with the same brush. IMHO there is a big difference between the classic 'cattle market full of pissed up punters' and a proper club where punters go primarily for the music.

I went to Tribal Gathering last night. licenced for 10,000 people, it was full to the brim and I never saw one bit of trouble all night. what does that tell you?
Alcohol makes you fight - class A drugs don't
Old 25 August 2003, 12:13 PM
Freak
Scooby Regular

Nice
and put me out of work by putting them out of business. cheers.

If its any help- if i spot even potential fights or troublemakers before they kick off either on or off the dancefloor, i call the doormen to me and get them to either have a word or keep an eye on them.
Handy being able to see everything from the dj console.
If places get a reputation as fight club, or as a place with nasty doorstaff it sticks for quite a while.
Mind you i have seen some shocking stuff- but then as with everything you get the good and the bad points.
Old 25 August 2003, 12:14 PM
skoosh
Scooby Regular

Solution, invite the manager to a scooby meet, take him for a run through some country roads at high speed, preferably in the rain at night.........scare the living s**t out of him and then drop him off outside the club crying like a baby. Make sure those neanderthal bouncers are watching as you give them the bird and then speed off.

or.......

Don't go to the ****hole again and then report the club to the police for what you assume to be illegal goings-on in the lav.

All nightclubs should be shut down permanently !

Skoosh.
Old 25 August 2003, 12:26 PM
Davestamf
Scooby Regular

I stopped going some time back. They've become full of yobs who want to pick a fight they can't lose, so they go with several mates and just start randomly smashing guys who are in small groups. The bouncers then get the fight transferred outside where you can then get your head kicked in completely.
Old 25 August 2003, 12:28 PM
ajm
Scooby Regular

agree with above - nightclubs = dumps

Its not just the "customers" either. The doormen always fancy themselves and some are just as punchy as the drunken louts.
Once got dragged out of a club by 3 of them, down some steps and flung into the street..... for putting my feet on a seat!!!

Which reminds me.... that club is still in my "little black book" for later retribution....

a nice pint or several in the local pub for me any day!

Old 25 August 2003, 12:31 PM
Poor Guy
Scooby Regular

i'd drive by the bouncers that threw me out, with a paint ball gun - some rounds paint - some filled with sand.

watch the bitches squeal!
Old 25 August 2003, 01:28 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

What makes people look for trouble in clubs?? all i wanted was a beer with my mates.
Totally feel for you mate. I still don't think you should have engaged in the argument in the toilets - as soon as you have cross words in a nightclub its as sure as night follows day that their will be trouble. There is no excuse for it but I do find that if you are friendly and keep yourself to yourself you can avoid trouble. I've never been in a situation in a club or felt particularly threatened.

If its any consolation regarding the 'group beating mentality' I know of a few VERY VERY Hard people that have happily destroyed 5-6 guys that thought they had picked an easy fight I love it when these cowardly little pr1cks are brought back down to earth with a few broken bones/tendons
Old 25 August 2003, 01:42 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

Do you have any idea how much a cold egg thrown out a car at 40mph can hurt when it hits your face on a cold winter night
Old 25 August 2003, 02:18 PM
skoosh
Scooby Regular

This is a true story:

I lived in Durban, South Africa, for 12 years and used to frequent a club called "Club Med" where my best mate was head barman hence free drinks all night till 6am.

Anyway, this club was renown for various gang realated shootings etc etc........a rough place but generally a good night out if you knew the right people....I did fortunately, anyway...

.....the hotel complex got bought out and a new gang of bouncers were drafted in to sort out the trouble, these guys were seriously tough and bloody huge and psycho to boot.

A mate of mine, an Afrikaaner called Johan attempted to enter the club wearing an open fronted trainer due to breaking his foot in a parachute jump in the forces, he was about 6'7" and the same tall, the biggest, softest bloke you'd ever meet. He produces a doctors certificate to prove what he'd done, still no entry by the bouncers
unless, as they said " you can get passed us!". Well, Johan kicked the crap out of 6 guys that wouldn't look out of place at worlds strongest man, he punched 1 bouncer continually across the road until he was completely out cold, he did this on his own with a crowd of us watching in total disbelief ( no we didn't step in nor run away ).

After all this, the bouncers said he was welcome to enter the club
to which he replied "F**k your club, we didn't want to go in anyway".

This is an absolutely true story with no embelishments at all, it was a joy to watch and something that brings a smile to my face every time I see a big, ugly, thick bouncer just looking to prove his manlihood by beating a 5 stone geek who just happened to have a good looking girlfriend on his arm and a F355 outside the door.

Skoosh.

Old 25 August 2003, 04:32 PM
scrappydoo
Scooby Regular

Wink

Sounds familiar
Old 25 August 2003, 05:25 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

My mates a bouncer and acts confident, hard, etc when he's doing his job but he's not very hard at all! He's fairly big but I wouldn't be scared to scrap with him.....not that I ever would though, cause he's a mate
Old 25 August 2003, 08:58 PM
Luke
BANNED

Skoosh

Good story

many moons ago I used to have a friend(Dead now) called John...funny thing to he was from South Africa..Durban??? Build like a little skinny runt and looked like Jesus. he loved wearing sandals.

We drove to Cheltenham to stay for the weekend with some friends. That night we where walking around trying to find a vegi restaurant for him and his wife to eat in.. We walked past a nightclub with about 5 muppets on the doors...

As he walked by one of the muppets gobbed and it hit his wife right in the face.... (To be fair it was an accident.) Johns wife was a real lady and instead of shouting her head off etc just stood and looked at the ******....

Then one of them started to laugh............... John asked the ***** if he was going to say sorry etc and offer a tissue to his wife. The answer was "Fukk off you hippy before you get a slap"

John then addressed all the ****** and said all he wanted was some tissue and for their mate to say sorry. Nothing more. One of the guys with me pulled my hand and told me to walk away. We did and took Johns wife with us.

We stood about 10 yards away.

John then gave what could only be descibed as the best demonstration of controlled terror you could ever see.

If you did doors about 19 years ago in Cheltenham... the story went down in history.

Never did find a vegi restaurant!!!He was well unhappy.

South Africans...nutters!!!!