Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Neighbour's 11 yr Old Son Chased By Man

Search this Thread

Old 06 August 2003, 12:27 PM
Toonman1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
About 9:30pm Monday evening, our next door neighbour's son knocked on the door with his friend, looking very upset and frightened. They'd just been followed by a guy in a black car (106 or 206). He kerbcrawled them, and when they walked faster, he kept up. He then got out of the car and they ran off - he ran after them. They gave him the slip and they later saw him driving slowly around looking (they assumed) for them again. He didn't get them so they were okay - very frightened though.

They came to us as both parents were out and when they arrived home, the "Baby" sitter had cleared off with her boyfriend and taken the younger brother - I know , but that's another issue. I rang the Police and it took over 5 mins before someone could be bothered to take details. They said they'd get someone round ASAP. An Officer arrived 19 hours later... I know they're busy etc etc (aren't we all?), but this is ridiculous! It's no reflection on the Officer concerned, but there's something seriously wrong with a system that pushes this kind of incident so far down the priority list, it takes almost 24hrs to get a response.

Someone's got to get a grip! :|

Cheers
Old 06 August 2003, 12:29 PM
rogp
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

That is a very sad example of our crumbling society and misallocated police force.

At least in this instance the 'attack' was not followed through to its logical conclusion.

****ing sickos.

Old 06 August 2003, 12:32 PM
Gordo
Scooby Regular

Angry

I'm sure it's not the fault of the police - they were probably busy checking on their cameras, or something.

And people still believe the New Labour spin about what our taxes are spent on.......FFS
Old 06 August 2003, 12:46 PM
Drunken Bungle Whore
Scooby Regular

A few years ago I lived in a very nice village in Berkshire (Datchet). Well, it used to be nice anyway! One evening a brick flew through the living room window smashing it - unprovoked and out of the blue. I called the police and was told (honestly) that they "Don't come out to Datchet unless they receive 3 or more calls". [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

The police station is about 5 miles away. The village is not in anyway remote - about 3 miles from Windsor Castle.

Turns out it was some kids driving up and down the street with a catapult firing bricks through windows.
Old 06 August 2003, 12:50 PM
GarethE
Scooby Regular

Angry

Glad the children were unhurt, and had somewhere safe to go....its a shame the children weren't able to get part of reg. no but I can understand why, very frightening.
Old 06 August 2003, 12:53 PM
Toonman1
Scooby Regular

We live in a nice area, but my Wife and I are beginning to think we get ignored by the Police. Never a Panda car around, no Police Stn (or Fire for that matter), and the nearest Police Stn in a small town, is only part-time.
Old 06 August 2003, 12:55 PM
Toonman1
Scooby Regular

They gave a good description of the guy - white, black bushy hair and beard, white shirt, jeans and trainers and about 6'3" tall and slim. They got the car too - Pug 106/206. The reg would've been nice, but they did well all the same.

Cheers
Old 06 August 2003, 12:55 PM
Nimbus
Scooby Regular

Drunken...

I stayed at a hotel in Datchet a few times a couple of years ago(Datchet Mead Hotel). I had the number plates taken off my car while it was parked there over night.
Old 06 August 2003, 01:17 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Angry

Just read this through a couple of times, this makes me mad on all levels

Re Police lack of response times, call the local TV news, this could do with going out on TV anyway and also to shame the Police and Government. 19 hours to attend is shocking. This could have turned out a tradgedy and what would have happened if this sicko had attacked again in that time - I would have jailed the local Chief Constable and Home Secretary for neglegence!

Also your babysiter is either too young for the responsibility or a stupid selfish child and should never be left in charge of kids!

I am glad the kids are OK!

The Police and Government need to get a grip on crime!
Old 06 August 2003, 01:25 PM
Drunken Bungle Whore
Scooby Regular

Angry

Nimbus - not suprised - used to be a really nice place though. Then they built a low cost housing/ council estate right in the middle.

(And before anyone kicks off I grew up in the middle of a dodgy council estate near Wolverhampton)

They then moved in most of the 'problem' families from the general area. Was a nightmare - had to move.

Neighbour had his nose broken when he asked someone (very politely - I heard it all) if they could move their car as it was blocking his drive.

Kids kicked the garden wall over twice. Police said they could do nothing unless they had pics. Of course if they had pics then it would be obvious where they'd be taken from. Kids would get minimal punishment and then return. And the police don't come to Datchet unless they have 3 calls..... [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 06 August 2003, 01:53 PM
beemerboy
Scooby Regular

you sure the kids weren't throwing stones of a bridge, and this irrate driver had enough!!!!

there are 2 sides remember.

....or he may just be a sicko, who knows.

this kids parents want a good kicking by the sounds of things!!

Old 06 August 2003, 02:34 PM
esmerelda9920750
Scooby Regular

Sarah' Law

What happened to it?

Has it been forgotten already?

On the anniversary of the loss of the 2 girls from Soham, have we forgotten why Sarah's Law was instigated?

Nanny state, no...we just have to look after our own, cos no-one else will

Vigilante action is not the answer allegedly, but in te absence of law providers/upholders, who else will make sure our children are safe to walk the streets?
Old 06 August 2003, 03:09 PM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Toonman - respect to you for taking the kids in at that hour.

I agree with many here in that it makes my blood boil to see how lax some aspects of our society are.

I find myself asking myself the question would I open my front door at that time of night to unexpected people and ashemedly I feel that I would ignore it for fear of having the door pushed open in my face and being beaten senseless.

These are issues that won't go away - is it the case that there are more wierdos out there or is it the case that there is more publicity drawn to it so that the exception becomes the norm?

If ever there was a case for reinstating the death penalty surely extreme child abuse is it.

I'll sign off before I go off on a tangent/rant.

Rich.

P.S. Toon Army!
Old 06 August 2003, 03:52 PM
Scooby96
Scooby Regular

I would definitely kill anyone who s. abused my kids - I might well spend a few years in the slammer but it would be worth it.
Old 06 August 2003, 04:18 PM
Alpine99
Scooby Regular

If kids go missing don't waste your 5 minutes of live tv appealing for witnesses.. It rarely works.. Come straight out and put a price on the heads of the people who took them.. Be worth doing a stint for..
Old 06 August 2003, 06:50 PM
Toonman1
Scooby Regular

Beemerboy

What???

They're nice kids who went to an organised event at their school and were coming home - about 400 yds and it was still daylight. This is a nice area of N Yorks - no motorway/Dual C etc for them to do such things anyway. Plus - they're both car fanatics and wouldn't dream of doing such a thing.

As for the Parents? Arranged for what they thought was a responsible, 17 yrd old Sitter (who's sat for them many times before). As I said though, that's another story.

Anyway, thanks for the kind words and support from most of you. I'll pass it on to my neighbours.

Cheers!

Old 06 August 2003, 06:59 PM
Luke
BANNED

Thank god Nothing happened.

Might as well give up wht the Police bashing..... As to be honest we dont realy have a Police force in this country. There are cops who do have all the right qualities etc But most seem a bit thick and have joined the What looks like the "Brownies"
Old 06 August 2003, 07:13 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bloke exposed himself to by Bro and his mate when they were about six (about 1983), they steam home and my dad and mateys dad (who was a big FAT copper) arrest him using reasonable force, he couldnt really walk but managed to get away.......
Old 06 August 2003, 07:25 PM
Dazza012
Scooby Regular

Cool

well my lad must have been one of the lucky ones as 3 police vehicles turned out(including the scooby) within minutes when my lad had to dial 999 for help.

http://www.scoobynet.co.uk/bbs/threa...hreadid=237319
Old 06 August 2003, 10:59 PM
DSOTM
Scooby Regular

Toonman, sorry to hear what happened.

I would guess if they had done anything wrong and the bloke was just an irate motorist he would almost certainly have hammered on your door to vent his anger assuming you were their parents.

This is a nice area of N Yorks
I'd always assumed you were in NCastle
I live just outside Harrogate and saw an area car round our (usually very quiet) street on two separate occasions late last night. Unusual enough for me to notice.

If it's round here, I'd be interested to know so I can let the mrs know.
Old 07 August 2003, 01:03 AM
Toonman1
Scooby Regular

DSOTM

"I'd always assumed you were in NCastle"

Moved to Northallerton when I was 9, but now live a little further north, near Hilton. Closest small town = Yarm. We're about 30 miles from you.

Cheers!

Mike