Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

contract maintenance - breach of contract

Search this Thread

Old 04 August 2003, 08:34 PM
saucy-scooby
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have two commercial vehicles and they are under contract to a large acredited garage for all their maintenance needs, including MOT tests.

One of the vehicles had a full engine rebuild in February this year and hasn't driven right since. Its been back and forth for repairs and re-repairs many times - so far causing 15 weeks downtime @ £1500 a week.

On repair was done to a fanshaft in May. The main bracket was welded, this resulted in a complete bearing/shaft failure 8 weeks later.

Currently the vehicle is sat in their yard. I had to source the parts and go fetch them last Friday. When I got back to their yard they refused to complete the repairs - that they are proven to have caused by bad workmanship - because I had written to them formally complaining about the lack of care shown to both my vehicles.

This, I have been told, is breach of the contract that was written up between us.

I am about to embark on County Court action for a minimum of £25000 compensation.

Are there any Acts of Parliament etc that I can refer to in order that I can really sew them up in a tight ball over this?

By the way, their negligence could cost 108 lives is another failure occurs.