Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

B*STARD Dog Breeder

Search this Thread

Old 02 August 2003, 06:49 PM
red_dog104
Scooby Regular

Location: Casualty or Holby City, Take your pick, it's not like that in real life!!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, was supposed to be getting a rotty puppy from a breeder and they have messed me around no end. Turns out that the rescue kennels I got my dog Trev from, are good buddies with this woman and i'm guessing have told her not to let me have one off her. (I had a run in with the 'rescue centre' over my dog....... Theres a thread on here about it somewhere!!) Anyway, having wasted weeks waiting around for this woman to call me back, I have given up, and missed out on a few litters of pups in the meantime.

Just needed to have a moan about it!!! Hopefully will find another one soon!
Old 02 August 2003, 07:03 PM
andrewdelvard
Scooby Regular

Smile

I know this is a little off topic....
But how are things going with your son? I know he'll be on Holiday now but was interested how things ended up.
Old 02 August 2003, 07:17 PM
PG
Scooby Regular

I am a beleiver that when dealing with dogs such as Rotties, Boxers () or any large dog buy from a breeder that shows !!!!

Once made the mistake of getting a Boxer from SHYTE kennels (bred with rescues, made up pedegrees ect ![img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img])and will never make the mistake again ! (died @7 months with heart defect[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img])

If they show then they have a reputation to uphold and are established.
report to Kennel Club (not that they will do much) and the Rottie Club in your area.

Diablo should be able to recommend good breeders in your area.
If not I have Scottish contacts who would give good advice.

All the best

Paul
Old 04 August 2003, 08:48 AM
Diablo
Scooby Regular

Hi, sorry, been away from the web for the weekend

Agree with Paul.

Breeders that show generally produce the best dogs.

Although I know a couple of fantastic rotties who were from a litter off a non breeder.

Now, while I don't agree with many of the kennel clubs ways on what makes the best dog and breeding for appearance's sake, there's no getting away from the fact that to do well showing the dogs have to be bred to have good tempraments and they also have to be bred to be healthy with strong bones/joints and good hips.

Bottom line is, if you want to breed and be successful, your dogs have to be good, healthy dogs.

No one wants a stud dog or a bitch with bad temprament/hip scores/build/genetic problems, etc.

Best thing to do is get to a couple of shows and talk to breeders and get recommendations. See which dogs are doing well (but don't always go for the "winners" 'cos the judjing is still a bit "suspect" lol....)

Start here http://www.allrott.com/

and have a look around. The breeder we gor ours from isn't having any more litters for a while (sensibly, they only have a few from their girls, and are bringing on a couple of pups for the future) but I would suggest contacting http://www.jacraila.com/ who are highly regarded for producing excellent dogs with fantastic tempraments.

Don't know them personally, but have seen their dogs at lots of shows and been "mugged" by them on occasion when sitting ringside.

For those that know Rotties, being mugged involves a nudge, a paw and then usually an attempt to sit on your lap

I know its a bit far from you, but someone came from devon to Scotland to get one of our breeders last litter

Good luck in your search

remember - "buy" the breeder as much as the dog And don't be put off if it takes a while - many breeders will not sell to people they don't know much about, for very sensible and obvious reasons. You'll be lucky to get a pup from someone who has only spoken to you on the phone.

Be prepared to go and see the breeders well before hand, build up a relationship with them and get on the list for a pup. if they've got a litter, ask to go and see them first, most breeders don't mind and positively encourage it.

I'd go as far as to say if you phone up out the blue and are offered a pup there amd then, be wary. Its not something that happens with the best breeders - for one, they don't advertise in the papers as they don't have to.

D

[Edited by Diablo - 8/4/2003 8:50:25 AM]
Old 04 August 2003, 09:52 AM
Muffleman
Scooby Regular

Have to agree with the above, took us over 6 months to find the right dog.

I don't agree with how skinny some of the actual show dogs are, but the 'stock' from breeders is generally excellent. My wee hound is as fit as a fiddle and healthy as can be.

All the best

Matt
Old 04 August 2003, 10:11 AM
PG
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Diablo,

http://www.jacraila.com/ Very good indeed !!!
The Breeder I got our oldest Boxer from (Corriford Boxers) knows them very well and we went along to the SKCS to meet them.
She had just come out of the ring with yet
another winner and was more than happy to chat to us about the breed and invited us along to the house for more of a chat (to vet us no doubt)
Unfotunatly when we were at the show she gave my GF a chance to hold the big brute on a lead and she wasnt able to hold him so no Rottie.
However after discovering "Halti" leads her quote was " I could walk 10 Rotties with these ! " [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]....

Old 05 August 2003, 04:47 PM
PG
Scooby Regular

Question

red_dog,

Anything sorted yet ?
Old 05 August 2003, 07:55 PM
Scoob99
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

PG..grat pics of the boxers mate, we have a white one.
Cheers
Colin
Old 05 August 2003, 11:30 PM
PG
Scooby Regular

Scoob,

here for loads of pics of boxers and a REALLY helpful forum
Old 10 August 2003, 07:30 PM
red_dog104
Scooby Regular

Location: Casualty or Holby City, Take your pick, it's not like that in real life!!
Andrew

Thanks for asking about my son! I've not seen much of him recently as he has spent quite alot of time with his dad (cause it's the holidays and he doesn't see him that often) but he seems to be a much happier boy! The last 2 weeks at school were better too. They kept the 'bully' away from him and most of the problems disappeared. Will have to see how it goes when they go back as they will be in the same class

As far as a Rotty goes, not found one and not looking anymore! We met up with someone who has a blue Staff and they put him out to stud! He's a real looker and we fell in love with him! We have decided to wait for one of his pups instead (preferably blue but are going to look at his next litter and we will take it from there!) I know we change our minds so often but this time it seems right!! We are keeping in good contact with the breeder, been to their house and seen the dog and bitch who they are breeding him with in their own environment and we all 'like' each other so it looks really positive.

#Thanks for all your help and advice
Old 10 August 2003, 08:27 PM
Scoob99
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

PG thanks for that mate
Old 10 August 2003, 09:20 PM
PG
Scooby Regular

No probs mate