Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Stoopid Bikers Today!

Search this Thread

Old 09 July 2003, 11:00 AM
PiNkEyE69
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

In a traffic jam on the motorway, all 3 lanes either stationary or moving about 5-10 mph.
Suddenly saw 2 bikers, one inbetween inside and middle lane, the other between outside and middle lane, racing each other (they kept looking over at each other and trying to keep up with each other) down the middle lines doing around 40+mph.
Bellends! there's no need for it!
Old 09 July 2003, 11:09 AM
jjones
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
bit envious that they were having a bit of fun and you were sat in your car?

Old 09 July 2003, 11:28 AM
jjones
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
we have heard your biased one sided opinion of the event, shame we cannot hear theirs.
Old 09 July 2003, 11:57 AM
damian666
Scooby Regular

[sarcasm]
Oh, Yeah!! Hard shoulder! Why didnt I think of that?
[/sarcasm]

Its probably beacause its even more dangerous due to the ****e that generally collects on them, the broken down cars, and the illegality of driving down it. Compared to filtering between what are essentially slow moving/stationary cars - much safer any day!

Damian

Old 09 July 2003, 12:37 PM
CarpetCleaner
Scooby Regular

I fooking hate bikers when their side of the road is queueing and then end up going down the middle of the road expecting the traffic in the opposite side to move over

well I've got news for you I don't move over, I drive down the middle of the lane I am entitled to be in

Had a few near misses mind you but hell I am in the right they are on the wrong side of the road so if there's a collision there's no comeback on me
Old 09 July 2003, 12:47 PM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

40mph? LOL, I only stop filtering when the average traffic speed is back up to 70mph
Old 09 July 2003, 12:48 PM
damian666
Scooby Regular

CC If you have space, you really should shift over - we are only talking a couple feet! I would never expect a car to move over if there wasnt room! Would you expect a HGV taking up 'more than his share' to move over a bit? Of course you would, ya tw*t!

Damian
Old 09 July 2003, 12:55 PM
CarpetCleaner
Scooby Regular

hold up a second. I never ever move over to squeeze anyone let's get that straight

What I object to is being bullied. Not all bikers are courtious and that's what I was referring to. You can tell the way the biker is handling his bike as to whether he's being gentlemanly about making progress. For those guys following me in traffic I make space and regualarly get a thumbs up

The arrogant tossers weaving, diving on the brakes bunny hopping and generally being obnoxious I block

I repeat just as there are arrogant ***** driving cars so to there are arrogant bikers

Bravo I apolgise to you if I gave the wrong impression
Old 09 July 2003, 01:00 PM
PiNkEyE69
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Compared to filtering between what are essentially slow moving/stationary cars - much safer any day!
I don't have a problem with that, but at 40 odd MPH!!! C'mon! One wrogn move and there's a very nasty accident.

we have heard your biased one sided opinion of the event, shame we cannot hear theirs.
....And the other car drivers beeping horns at them as they shoot past almost clipping them.

think tw@ts that sit in the outside lane of the M25 doing 50mph in an Audi TT being a complete arrogant w@nker and refusing to move over when nothing in front of him and to the left of him are far more dangerous and worse
That's just TT drivers all round in my experiance

Would you expect a HGV taking up 'more than his share' to move over a bit? Of course you would,
Yeah but in many cases they don't. They've in a big large vehicle, no harm to them if you hit them!

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against bike drivers (My father and brothers are bikers), but common sense has to prevail. In slow moving traffic I do move over slightly to let bikes filter down the middle, but in stationary traffic you cannot move. And plus you cannot guarentee that drivers in slow moving traffic will use their mirrors to see bikes hairing down between them and the car next to them when wanting to change lanes.
Old 09 July 2003, 01:12 PM
Mice_Elf
Scooby Regular

What really, really bugs me is those stupid riders in jeans, t-shirt / flimsy jacket and trainers... [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] ARRGGGHHH!!!!

Also noticed that a lot fewer bikers wave thanks when you move over for them these days...
Old 09 July 2003, 01:25 PM
what_is_thematrix
Scooby Regular

Question

How can scooter riders be arrogant towards bigger bikes? They haven't got anywhere near the power of the big bikes, so how are they causing problems?
Old 09 July 2003, 01:26 PM
sempers
Scooby Regular

Having recently been for my first trip on the back of a bike, I was utterly amazed at the space you have to play around with - the best analogy I can come up with for a car is having 3 empty lanes to play with. Traffic was an almost abstract amusement.

I'm not getting one 'cos I'd kill myself. Quickly. Lack of restraint u see

However: One thing that really seriously p*sses me off with bikes is when the traffic's doing low speeds, and they're filtering at twice that. Not because I mind them 'making progress', but consider this: how easy is it to pick out a rapidly moving bike against the background of cars, using your mirror?

All too easy to miss.

In addition, I really shouldn't have to check for someone undertaking between me and the car I'm passing before I pull back in.

Think bike stickers - How about some for cars that say "Bikes, Think!"
Old 09 July 2003, 01:35 PM
what_is_thematrix
Scooby Regular

Angry

Great attitude towards ppl on scooters!

Old 09 July 2003, 01:37 PM
Corpulent Tosser
Scooby Regular

I fooking hate bikers when their side of the road is queueing and then end up going down the middle of the road expecting the traffic in the opposite side to move over

well I've got news for you I don't move over, I drive down the middle of the lane I am entitled to be in
CC Don't ever drive in Italy !!!!! Car drivers overtake in that manner and expect oncoming traffic to move over and let them through, frightened the cr@p out of me the first time it happened. BTW the reason for blocking bikers wouldn't be envy would it ?

Old 09 July 2003, 01:38 PM
what_is_thematrix
Scooby Regular

Angry

The whole 'my bikes bigger than yours' syndrome sounds like.
Old 09 July 2003, 01:46 PM
Drunken Bungle Whore
Scooby Regular

Why should we be held up in traffic by one or two motorists deliberately blocking our way?
Answer - because if one motorist blocks your way on the other side of the road it's no excuse to give them the finger, swerve around them and drive dangerously. You just have to be patient rather than petulant. Same as if someone drives badly when I'm in the car - it's not an excuse for me to drive like a prat.

I've got a WRX and I'm a girl - blokes race me and cut me up the whole time. It's not fair but it happens - what would make it dnagerous is if I had an attitude like yours and thought "Why should I be cut up by other drivers deliverately acting like *****?".

Tit for tat driving, whatever the vehicle, is really rather childish.....
Old 09 July 2003, 01:57 PM
damian666
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

What about the tossers on big bikes who *have* to race scooters away from the lights. My scooter isnt slow, and I would say unless the superbike is caning it, I'll probs keep up (to at least 50/60)

However, its when they are ahead of you, and drive with no hands to show off or wheelie it - what's that all about? I can do that too y'know but its bloody dangerous!

I'm one of the few bikers that is courteous to the point of distraction - my left hand is off the bars if any vehicle moves just a tad!

Damian
ps. you buggers who think its clever on your hyabusas to filter at 10mph and hold up everyone else filtering behind are v. silly!

Old 09 July 2003, 02:04 PM
what_is_thematrix
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Bravo its a shame you feel the need to be patronising.

I wasn't commenting on scooters in London, but scooter riders in general! Alot of people on scooters are in far more danger than people on bigger bikes because car drivers treat us like we don't exist!!

Maybe you've only seen idiots. Who knows.
Old 09 July 2003, 02:11 PM
damian666
Scooby Regular

Wink

Ay but bravo, I dont mean a 50cc pile of sh*te!

Damian

Quick Reply: Stoopid Bikers Today!