Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Furniture Village

Search this Thread

Old 26 June 2003, 05:32 PM
DrEvil
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

No doubt some will have had bad experiences, but..

We ordered a Sofa slightly less than 5 weeks ago, they said it would take about five weeks to deliver.

Got a call yesterday saying when would I like it delivered, and that they can offer morning or afternoon, how about tomorrow (today) - I said, well, I can't get off work, they said can you get home from work at any point tomorrow, I said yes and would need about 30 mins notice, so they said fine, we will call you 30 mins before we get to you (give or take).

Sure enough, 4pm they called to say they will be there at 4:30pm (traffic permitting).. I got home at 4:25pm, they turned up exactly at 4:30pm. Brought the sofa in, unwrapped it for me and took the rubbish away.

From start to finish they did what they said they would and acted in a courteous and professional manner!

Now this may not seem that impressive, but I am dealing with Parcel Force over another item I having delivered from a large chain and PF are being extremely unhelpful, verging on rude at times!

Alex

[Edited by DrEvil - 6/26/2003 5:33:18 PM]
Old 26 June 2003, 05:37 PM
boxst
Scooby Regular

Hello

Although I thought I wouldn't like them, furniture village are actually okay.

I've bought a bed, dining table and have a (much too expensive!) kitchen table coming in a week or so.

They seem to roughly deliver on time, and sort out problems. After 6 months one of the "things" that keeps the mattress together came out. A quick phone call to Furniture village and they sent someone out to repair it.

Steve.
Old 26 June 2003, 05:41 PM
scoob_babe
Scooby Regular

Location: Nobody knows how to tie the simple knots that I know
Alex - PF is known as Parcel Farce over here
I ordered some curtains from John Lewis. PF stuck a card through the inlaw's door on the monday saying that they would deliver Tues. Mother-inlaw phones up Monday pm to arrange delivery on Friday as they wouldn't be in. Card then appears on Tuesday saying that they tried to deliver again. Parcel did not appear on the Friday as arranged.
PF tried to tell us that as there had been two failed deliveries it would go back to the depot - never mind the fact that they arranged a delivery on the Friday. Waited in all Friday and it didn't show up at the normal run-time. Phoned PF who were extremely rude. Ended up schlepping down to Staples corner on a Friday afternoon to go and get it myself as they refused to deliver it. Complained to John Lewis and got a decent amount of cash plus petrol money as compensation.
Next time we had to order stuff from JL we picked it up from the store - lesson learnt!
Will never buy anything from them where it is impossible to get in a car now
Old 26 June 2003, 06:37 PM
DrEvil
Scooby Regular

Red face

Funny you should mention JL Anna, guess who I emailed this morning with a complaint about PF! Shame its a glass dinning table otherwise I would go and pick it up from these people.

JL came back very quickly and apologised, I suggest Saturday as a delivery day, but haven't had a second reply as yet.

I must say though, JL have been brilliant up to this point, both over the phone and in store, plus I only ordered the dinning table online on Monday, so they have been very efficient, just a shame their courier lets them down.

[Edited by DrEvil - 6/26/2003 6:39:03 PM]
Old 27 June 2003, 11:59 AM
DrEvil
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Just had a call from Royal Mail Logistics, it seems they have the table and two chairs and Parcel Farce have the other 2 chairs...

WHY OH WHY does one order get handled by two separate delivery companies (and before anyone says it, yes I understand they will have more than one warehouse they can source items from)... but surely using one courier would be better!!?!!
And yet again, I've been given 9am-5pm as the possible delivery window...

Definitely not ordering online from JL again, or rather any thing from JL that requires delivery.

[Edited by DrEvil - 6/27/2003 11:59:59 AM]

[Edited by DrEvil - 6/27/2003 12:18:48 PM]
Old 27 June 2003, 12:19 PM
Jen
Scooby Regular

? We had all our wedding gifts delivered from JL - in their own van...and the oven, again, in their own van... I wonder why they've started using PF? Hope it's not all the JL's that are doing that
Old 27 June 2003, 01:51 PM
scoob_babe
Scooby Regular

JL in Watford were not at all happy to hear what happened!
oh yes, the parcel had been opened by somebody as well. Just glad it was only curtains and not something more desirable

We had similar problems in the flat where PF kept trying to deliver to us but they should have been going over the road. I believe the person to whom the goods should have gone was totally unaware that their goods had arrived. I even phoned up PF to find out if the parcel really was for us as neither of us had ordered anything (it was near Christmas) and it wasn't. I told them they should teach their drivers to have basic reading lessons for their Christmas bonus

[Edited by scoob_babe - 6/27/2003 1:52:48 PM]

Trending Topics

Old 27 June 2003, 05:54 PM
DrEvil
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Well, JL now seem to be ignoring my emails.. so I'll have to ring them next week.

I fail to understand why a morning or afternoon delivery time cannot be offered. I was under the impression from one of their staff that they could do this - perhaps this can't be done when ordering online....

Old 27 June 2003, 06:56 PM
scoob_babe
Scooby Regular

as far as we knew, it was down to the individual courier and no, they wouldn't specify a time. When I queried the fact that PF had been seen in the vicinty on the Friday, i was rudely told that that was the 'pick up' not the drop off and that I should stay at home to wait for it!
PS have seen those table in JL, and if we needed a new one, we'd have had one of those ones - they are well nice
Old 27 June 2003, 11:11 PM
DrEvil
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

I'd agree about the rude nature of the PF people, they just don't care that your the customer.