Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Why Poland should not join EC

Search this Thread

Old 09 June 2003, 11:18 AM
daiscooby
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

I was in Poland for three days last week and they were voting on the weekend to see if they wanted to join the EU. They voted overwhelmingly yes. Here's why we dont want them.

1) The country is the most backward and underdeveloped I have been to outside of South America.

2) They really have not progressed beyond the 1980's. Music, clothes, everything. If I had heard the Scorpions - Wind of Change one more bloody time ......

3) The food beggers belief . I have eaten worms and crickets and various other things, but nothing like the sheer pile of donkey **** I ate there.

4) I would rather drive a 2CV backwards with my eyes shut through Paris in rush hour than drive in Poland. I stayed in Grojec 40 miles south of Warsaw and the main junction on the edge of town is called the " Crossroads of Death " - seriously . I saw 4 crashes in 1 hour. The Taxi driver to Warsaw was overtaking lorries in gaps I wouldnt have gone for in my STi4, in a VW Passat 1.9TD Estate . Rule is basically all the traffic plays chicken all the time.

5) The people are bloody miserable, probably as a result of all the above. Women would all be beautifull if they ever smiled.

6) LOT Airlines. Holy Mary, it was like the chuckle brothers met the three stooges. I poured my butter onto my roll cos it was liquid, the food itself was still frozen in the middle and the stewardees threw a bottle of wine over myself and the two people next to me and didn't even say sorry, just turned and walked away, not even a tissue. The guy next to me, in a maroon suit with a box jacket and bootlace tie, complained and was given a right mouth full by the head stewardess. I just shut up because I was wearing old clothes and basically wanted to get off alive. We " bounced " into Warsaw with such force that several overhead lockers came open and stuff fell out.

Christ, Bosnia and Kosovo were better places, and I was shot at in both of them.

Well thats me finnished, I have to go back in three months and I am now seaching for another job so I don't have to.
Old 09 June 2003, 11:29 AM
boxst
Scooby Regular

Hello

My wife is Polish. The other point you forgot is that have a very strong mafia. She will be visiting you........

Steve.
Old 09 June 2003, 11:32 AM
Mr Footlong
Scooby Regular

OMG, LMFAO. Deffo sounds like a lovely holiday spot.
Old 09 June 2003, 11:35 AM
boxst
Scooby Regular

Hello

Serious answer:

Where were you staying? Poland varies a lot by region.

1) Not true. It depends what way you mean backwards?

2) Agree with that one! I went to a New Years party and thought I had suddenly been transported back to my school disco days!

3) The food is actually okay?

4) I got caught for speeding whilst in Poland and had a car crash (I was there for two weeks!). Speeding I spoke very slow English and they let me go. The car crash I went to the police station, and was worried. But it turned out okay.

5) The women are beautiful, you need to practice the knack of getting them to smile!

6) LOT Airlines are piloted by idiots. The stewardesses think that the passengers are a nusiance and should't be there. Fly BA! British Airways quite sensibly decided they do not want to code-share with them anymore, so they are now competeting.

My wife can probably tell you what to do to actually have fun while you are there if you have to go back.

Steve.
XT
Scooby Regular

LMAO @ this thread
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Exclamation

If it's any consolation, Poland is considered to be one of the most forward, up-to-date and progressive of the ex-Communist nations joining.

Old 09 June 2003, 11:36 AM
daiscooby
BANNED

Boxst
I think I met some of them while in a bar in Grojec. They would be the ones with the skinheads and the all with the same eagle tattoos with bulges in there clothing the same shape as handguns.
I was only generalising and the people are ok apart from a suicidal streak when behind the wheel of a car. Kamikaze must be a Polish word, not Japanese.
Old 09 June 2003, 11:37 AM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Wink

XT is LHFAO as he comes from Greece, which has identical characteristics except that it already IS a member...
Old 09 June 2003, 11:39 AM
XT
Scooby Regular

LOL
Old 09 June 2003, 11:40 AM
XT
Scooby Regular

And FYI, WE ARE BORED OF SCORPIONS IN GREECE
Old 09 June 2003, 11:41 AM
Stueyb
Scooby Regular

Talking

Im sorry but that cheered up my Monday lots, esp as I forgot my MrKipling cake for lunch
Old 09 June 2003, 11:42 AM
daiscooby
BANNED

Brendan: Been to Romania, Hungary, Estonia, Chzec Republic, Slovakia, Serbia, Bos and Kos. Poland was the most underdeveloped but was striving hard to be western.

Boxst: I was 40 miles south of Warsaw, Grojec. And I didn't get much chance to make them smile, my Polish runs to Tak. But advice for the future would be very usefull
Old 09 June 2003, 11:42 AM
XT
Scooby Regular

We don't eat donkeys' ***** and we actually know how to dress
Old 09 June 2003, 11:46 AM
boxst
Scooby Regular

XT:

I think that people are confused. You do something else with the donkeys, correct?!!

Steve.
Old 09 June 2003, 11:51 AM
XT
Scooby Regular

Please let's not start this convo........there are people from wales and scotland that may be offended
Old 09 June 2003, 11:53 AM
daiscooby
BANNED

Typical English

Its sheep old boy, sheep.
Old 09 June 2003, 11:53 AM
XT
Scooby Regular

And to set the record straight, donekys are used for transportation in some summer resorts by the local people
Old 09 June 2003, 11:56 AM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

Arrow

My good friedn, Aernout (a Dutch fella), set up his own business there in the early 90s. He made millions until the Mafia rocked up and pointed guns at him. He sold up and left Poland on a fake Dutch passport.

He's shown me the pictures of women he employed and they were goregeous. Altho he did invent jobs for pretty girls and expected 'favours' in interviews . Out of his 35 employees only 3 were men. He says that all of the men are (borderline to fully fledged) alcoholics who buy a loaf of bread and a bottle of vodka for breakfast....

He also says the courts are corrupt as he bribed a judge £30 not to ban him from driving after he had a drunken mishap while in a car....

Sounds liek a fun place to visit!
Old 09 June 2003, 01:24 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
LOL at Daiscooby

One of the guys I work with has been seeing a Pole in Warsaw for the past two years and ive just cut and pasted your thread and all I can hear is, thats bollox!! who the fvck is this, happened to cc to all our colleagues who know doubt will add there own comments, queue an afternoon of e-mail banter for the poor sod
Old 09 June 2003, 02:09 PM
TopBanana
Scooby Regular

The women are beautiful - yes... until they hit 30
Old 09 June 2003, 02:14 PM
sexy wrx69
Scooby Regular

Wink

im half Polish and some parts of Poland are granted very backwards....but there are loads of beautiful places too.

Food wise....you must have just eaten in the dives that you can find all over the world. Polish food does depend on your taste in food....but desserts are gorgeous.

oh and as a Polish girl...i think lots of women there are stunning
Old 09 June 2003, 02:22 PM
Bobo
Scooby Newbie

Thumbs down

Shame on you
How can you say such stupidity at loud?? aint you shame?
Do you know what you are saying?
you think because you got a subaru you are soo damm cool you might say whatever go pass your mind?
I guess you are as retarded as thevery few poor polish folks that were aginst joining the EU.
As youll notice we do have bread, food and even Internet in polnad and you know what we can even read!!!!!
But when i saw your post i had to log on and give you my opinion on how pathetic you are.
so next time be more carefull on what you say because you are compromising yourself.
btw i dont even feel like finishing writting this post because it isnt worth you guys.
Bobo

Bobo HC3D
Bogdan Nowak
POLISH
Old 09 June 2003, 02:26 PM
midget1500
Scooby Regular

Talking

my dad said that the mafia make no secret of their presence. a few black mercs pull upto a restaurent, load of bouncers all wearing black leather jackets, shades etc. stand outside restaurent whilst said dodgy bloke eats his food.
Old 09 June 2003, 02:49 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Talking

LOL @ Bobo

Now look what you've done daiscooby. You've managed to upset the locals.

Nice stitch up FM LOL

UB
Old 09 June 2003, 02:56 PM
damian666
Scooby Regular

Kourva!
Old 09 June 2003, 03:06 PM
mecca
Scooby Newbie

Stereotypes are the cancer of every community. So they say. So it is proved again and again...

We do have our share btw. Horse-teethed, overwhelmingly ugly and terribly unpleasant to have fun with Brits are one of them.

But as we all know, intelligent people do not draw false conclusions. They leave that to the dumb to break a chuckle now and then...

Greetings to all intelligent beings

Kamil
Warsaw, Poland
Old 09 June 2003, 03:19 PM
XT
Scooby Regular

oh and as a Polish girl...i think lots of women there are stunning

There are stunning women in every country, so don't start the 'stunning girls' talk.

you think because you got a subaru you are soo damm cool you might say whatever go pass your mind?

I don't have a Subaru and I think I AM DAMN F*CKIN COOL, got a problem with that? People express their opinions, so if you have a problem, BUGGER OFF.

I guess you are as retarded as thevery few poor polish folks that were aginst joining the EU

Is that right, Einstein?

As youll notice we do have bread, food and even Internet in polnad and you know what we can even read!!!!!

Everybody has internet and bread these days, so don't feel special about it....

so next time be more carefull on what you say because you are compromising yourself.
btw i dont even feel like finishing writting this post because it isnt worth you guys.

What are you going to do? Sue us? We'll say what the F*CK we want, as you can say what you want.
Couldn't care less if you finished your post. This shows who's the retarded, because you have the opportunity to prove us wrong and you throw it away.....

If anybody from UK want to say again something stupid about poland i advise to click here and look at the pictures of cars and girls

You have cars and girls in Poland? Now that's a novelty...]

Greetings to all intelligent beings

Youa always wanted to greet someone intelligent.......

If you lot want to prove us wrong, DO IT. Don't start flaming. I am not convinced by a bunch of cars and girls.......

Old 09 June 2003, 03:31 PM
sexy wrx69
Scooby Regular

XT....i see i have to explain my reply to you as you are clearly very narrow minded and thick....

i didnt say *only* women in Poland were stunning....i said that *lots* of women there are stunning.

muppet.

Old 09 June 2003, 03:35 PM
XT
Scooby Regular

XT....i see i have to explain my reply to you as you are clearly very narrow minded and thick....

i didnt say *only* women in Poland were stunning....i said that *lots* of women there are stunning.

muppet.

Who's narrow minded? me?

I flame my own country FFS, i am narrow minded?

And loads of stunning women are no use unless you're a pimp,a single man, a model agent, or a TV station owner and look for good-looking hosts

Who's the thick now?

Of all the F*CKIN THINGS POSTED ON THIS THREAD, YOU WERE OFFENDED BY THE COMMENT ON THE GIRLS?

AND I AM THE THICK ONE?

you're a joke......
Old 09 June 2003, 03:38 PM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink

Daiscooby - still PingMSL!!

Ever considered a change of career as the Simon Callow of the holiday programme?

Quick Reply: Why Poland should not join EC