Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Strange pull by rozzers today

Search this Thread

Old 25 May 2003, 12:28 AM
chinnybloke
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was driving along today on a section of road marked as having speed cameras. There are frequently the mobile vans there but no fixed ones. Its a forty limit and I was doing about 42 in outside lane of the two. I saw a van in a new spot to the usual one and the cameras were at the back, on either side right at the top of the van (not usual place where the windows are in the rear doors) so I hit the brakes even though I wasn't going fast enough to be pulled. A mondeo on the inside of me went flying past. About 200 metres up the road if was conned off to force you into one lane. Rozzers everywhere and I was pulled. Great I thought, git in the Mondeo undertakes me braking the speed limit and I am pulled!!

Anyway, loads of other people had already been stopped up a side road (about 8 there when I parked up). Copper comes up to the car and says, and I quote "You have been stopped because you are not the registered keeper of the vehicle". He had not asked me who I was, for proof of ID, to see my licence or anything so how the f**k did he know who I was! I say, "I am and I've got the V5 to prove it". He then starts checking my car and tax etc. Fills in a form asking for my height, build, address, and he even wrote "short dark hair". Then tells me it must be "because the DVLA computer is not up to date". Seems like a right **** and bull pull.

Anyone else had one similar and any idea what they are looking for? Throughout the whole thing he still never asked for ID and I wasn't even given a producer (mot and insurance) so I just don't get it.

Old 25 May 2003, 12:36 AM
Tim-Grove
Scooby Regular

Probably felt the need to stomp his authority a bit, might have got a telling off from the Mrs before he left the house.

[Edited by Tim-Grove - 5/25/2003 12:36:34 AM]
Old 25 May 2003, 08:49 AM
BuRR
Scooby Regular

The camera will have been linked into the DVLA computers. When a car hasn't had a tax disc for 3 months, then it places a flag on the reg plate for the next time that reg plate is checked. There's also a flag for no insurance linked to a particular reg plate.
Old 25 May 2003, 09:15 AM
jods
Scooby Senior

Probably got nothing at all to do with the Government kakking it that an imminent terrorist strike is on the cards. They'll be putting barricades up around Parliament next !!
Old 26 May 2003, 06:06 PM
OllieC
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

When you fly to America now they "randomly" check you shoes in case you've got a little bomb hidden there. Each time I've flown, I couldn't help notice that they pulled every Asian guy and made up the quota with white peeps to prove there was no racial bias. A cynic would suggest that if you're not Asian then you're quota-fodder. Could be something like that?
Old 26 May 2003, 06:19 PM
camk
Scooby Regular

Ollie,
How many white guys are hi-jacking and bombing planes, I'd rather they targeted the people they think are more likely to be a danger. Its not nice I know but its more effective, random plus targetted is the right approach at airports. BTW I've had the joy of a random 'extra' security search in Chicago,Ft Lauderdale and Charlotte out of the last 5 trips I've had to the US. I'm not black, in fact its so long since I've had a tan that I'm slightly blue . I must look dodgy though
Old 26 May 2003, 06:27 PM
RB5_245
Scooby Regular

Get it every time, it's stamped on your passport or somthing..... 'search this lunatic'