Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

sour grapes

Search this Thread

Old 22 May 2003, 03:40 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Had to laugh today. Don't ususally participate in traffic light gran prix, but had a wee race today. 2 lanes both straight ahead, astra turbo convertible next to me on the inside with what appears to be a rep driver. I never rev and dump clutch at the lights as it's a bit sad really with all that noise esp if the other person isn't going to take off.

So I begin with a granny start and he hoofs it, by second gear I had reigned him in and was in front whereby the 2 lanes merge. Look in my rearview and this rep is quite openly mouthing and gesticulating. This guy was beat fair and square and wasn't cut up or anything, why the attitude? Must admit i was pi55ing meself laughing, gave a little wave and left him stewing.

He'll prob take it out on a minimum wage minion later on.
Old 22 May 2003, 04:01 PM
Sue
Scooby Regular

Vaughan you're just a closet "Boy Racer"!!!!

(Ive always suspected this!)
Old 22 May 2003, 04:50 PM
NACRO
BANNED

Location: Your home is worthless.You can't afford to run your car.Your job is on the line.Schadenfreude rules.
He did it cos he's a loser who can't take losing. I had the same thing once with a Corsa GSi ( I was driving a Golf Turbo diesel at the time). Anyway he pulls into the outside lane marked for turning right only and I know what he's gonna try and do. Needless to say he tried to race me from the wrong lane to cut in the traffic Q. He lost. He then gets very angry flashes lights, weaves around, sits about an inch from the rear bumper etc etc. This is a stretch of road with 5 such chances for losers like him- he tries every single one even though its obvious his car doesn't have what it takes.

Anyway to cut a long story short I gained myself an enemy who tried it on (and lost) almost every day. About 2 months later I saw him again and by this time had the Impreza, he recognised me and decided that enough was enough and that the new car was just to quick for him.

As an interesting footnote I was a witness to an accident involving him and another car almost a yr later, needless to say I was only too happy to be a witness-for the other driver!
Old 22 May 2003, 09:51 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!
Sue I'm most definitely NOT in the closet