Search this Thread

Old 20 May 2003, 11:44 PM
moomin
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Or a shrewd investment?

Wife hopes policy will ensure marital bliss

A woman who is worried her husband might leave her if she loses her looks has insured her face for £100,000.

Nicole Jones, of Bristol, is paying £200 a year for the FaceSafe policy, which will pay out if she is no longer deemed to be attractive.

She took the policy out as a birthday present for her husband Simon, who had always joked he would leave her if she let herself go as she got older.

Mrs Jones, 26, said: "When I met him I knew he was the sort of person who likes good looking ladies, but I've had a baby now and my figure isn't what it was before.

"He hated it when I was pregnant and my figure was changing and it was out of our control."

She said if the policy did pay out she would be able to use the money to hire a personal trainer or go to a health farm in a bid to get her looks back and lose weight, although she added she probably would not consider having plastic surgery.

But Mrs Jones says despite the lure of the six-figure sum, she would not be tempted to lose her looks just so she could claim on the policy.

She said: "The whole point of it is that I don't want to claim, so there is no point in letting myself go. My marriage is worth a lot more than that."

She adds she has never thought of herself as being particularly stunning, and is anxious to hold on to what she has.

In order to claim on the policy Mrs Jones will have to be declared unattractive by a panel of 10 builders.
From Annanova

I love that last sentence about the builders!

Old 21 May 2003, 09:06 AM
4lex L
Scooby Regular

Full story here

Sounds like a waste of money to me, if she's really concerned about her looks then she'll keep in shape anyway without the priveledge of paying £200 a year. Also if all her bloke is interested in is her looks then perhaps shes with the wrong guy.

LOL at the panel of builders!

Alex
Old 21 May 2003, 10:01 AM
scooby_si
Scooby Regular

Cool

lmao the builders is a bit of a nasty clause i mean they wolf whistle at just about anything
Si