Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Tony Martin loses early release appeal....

Search this Thread

Old 08 May 2003, 03:23 PM
Butkus
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Discuss.
Old 08 May 2003, 03:29 PM
midget1500
Scooby Regular

Angry

typical :veryangryface:
Old 08 May 2003, 03:44 PM
beemerboy
Scooby Regular

who is tony martin ???

Old 08 May 2003, 03:48 PM
Butkus
Scooby Regular

The farmer who shot a burglar who'd broken into his house.
Old 08 May 2003, 04:04 PM
beemerboy
Scooby Regular

oh yeah i remember now, god this country is fooked.
i personally feel well sorry for him.

thieving gipsy b4stards SHOULD be shot!!!

BB (i hope someone in command sees sense soon)
scum get away with more and more each day!!!!
Old 08 May 2003, 04:09 PM
TVR Gary
Scooby Regular

Does that mean the bloke who (says he) went through the wrong door into a guys house insteads of next door into the pub should have been shot and killed and that would have been ok?

I remain unconvinced about it all to be honest.

Mind you it should be legal to shoot out middle lane drivers tyres as you pass them
Old 08 May 2003, 04:15 PM
beemerboy
Scooby Regular

middle lane drivers are ok if they stay in the middle lane, as you can almost certainly "burn them off" on the inside lane!!!

its a bit difficult to mistake a house for a pub, mind you, it depends on how many you had before you get there!!!

i've never so much as stole a paper clip from someone, so i guess its just my way of thinking.

however i do rob my company of several grand a month, for surfing scoobynet all day, so i guess thats stealing as well.

LOLMFAO

live by the gun.................etc

take care all and stay out of farmhouses!!!!

BB

Old 08 May 2003, 04:15 PM
RB5320
Scooby Regular

it's a difficult one this as (if I remember correctly) he didn't strictly speaking shoot in self defence - he shot as the burglars were running away.
Having said that I personally feel he should never have been sent to prison in the first place. I am sure that I would do the same thing in his position.

Steve
Old 08 May 2003, 04:20 PM
Popeye P1
Scooby Regular

The whole point is this guy was on the edge. He'd already been robbed countless number of times prob from the same gypsy trash. Rural police? It doesn't exist. They're more bothered catching ppl doing 35 in a 30 or lining up in huge numbers at peace demonstrations.

For one moment put yourself in his position. Lets say You're scooby keeps getting vandalised outside you're house. Sooner or later you will snap. Red mist will take over and chances are you'll do something to the person making you're life a misery.
Old 08 May 2003, 04:22 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

He should be given a bl00dy medal ..... forget the fact that the burglars were gypsies .... they were SCUM!!!

They have, and would in the future, cost this country loads of money in hand outs, help, prison, benefits - not even mentioning the misery they would have put numerous other people through ... through their sheer disrespect for other peoples rights.

When they break the law they give up their rights - even their right to live - Tony Martin was a terrified victim who used the only method he knew to protect himself ...... the police did NOTHING when he was burgled on numerous previous occassions!!

Lets not forget that he wouldn't have been in this mess had the thieving scumbags got a job and paid their way like most other people!!

I take the point about someone 'accidently' having a jemmybar fall in their hands and then 'accidentally' swing it up so it opens a door, then 'accidently' runs through that door and accidentally trips so the DVD player falls into his arms - he could be shot accidentally!! COME ON - how often do people 'accidentally' break into someone elses property?????????

SHOOT THE LOT OF THEM!!!!

Pete
Old 08 May 2003, 04:32 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

It sucks [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 08 May 2003, 05:31 PM
ajm
Scooby Regular

Angry

I think its absolutely disgraceful. Makes me ashamed of what our society is becoming.

It sends out a very frightning message to all of us law abiding people who would wish to protect ourselves and our homes from scum without having to take a knife in the guts first to prove self defense.

We should all be very worried if this is the precedant that the government wants criminals to be aware of next time they decide to violate someone in their own home.
Old 08 May 2003, 05:41 PM
greg.g
Scooby Regular

Location: Faster than a quickshift.... get yourself a bionic arm ;)
Angry

You forget

The law in this country is there to protect the ciminals,
not the victims[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Greg
Old 08 May 2003, 06:37 PM
boomer
Scooby Senior

Unhappy

...if someone tried to break into 10 Downing Street, or Lord Irvile's pad (or similar), i bet that they would be shot dead on the spot by security services - and it would all be fully justified (anti-terrorism, to stop treason etc.). One rule for them, and one rule for us

No wonder the people in power seem incapable of making decisions that would benefit and protect their citizens [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

mb
Old 08 May 2003, 06:40 PM
Luke
BANNED

I love this country!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08 May 2003, 07:20 PM
Huxley
Scooby Regular

Angry

I say the ******* in the Courts and the law system should be robbed more oftern then they would see whats it's like to have your world turned upside down then see what happens to the scum if they then get caught after breaking into their houses I would be a different kettle of fish then.

The fecking law sucks little johnny scumbag has more rights than the victim so you can see why people take it into their own hands the police are not intrested one bit all they are intrested is in the motorist because it cost a lot more to catch the fecking scum than it does a motorist doing 60 in a 50 on a dual carriageway as around Basingstoke [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] what a load of bo77ocks the legal system is and I don't want to hear from the do gooder lot saying that he shouldn't have shot the scum tuff **** as far as i'm concerend they gave up their rights when they broke into his farm it's their loss, wait till it happens to you then see the way you feel.....[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

It should be like the states you give up your rights when you tresspass on someone else's land or break into someones property.

Very pi$$ed off about Tony Martins setback

Well said Pete

Huxley
Old 08 May 2003, 08:25 PM
Scoob99
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

I wish Tony Martin had shot the other ba$tard as well, as it's been said the guy should be given a medal not a prison sentance.
Cheers
Colin

FREE TONY MARTIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

This country has gone mad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08 May 2003, 08:28 PM
Luke
BANNED

Well its only gone mad because we the brits have allowed it.....
Old 08 May 2003, 10:11 PM
south-star
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

If you break into someones house you should be prepared to face the consequences,whatever they may be.
If you dont like it...simple......dont commit the bl00dy crime.
Old 08 May 2003, 10:15 PM
Luke
BANNED

No......... the law is going to be.

If you work hard and save for nice things then you should expect to be robbed by poorer members of society.Any attempt to stop them will incure a large fine or prison sentence.
Old 08 May 2003, 10:25 PM
Trucker Ted
Scooby Regular

Angry

The guy should never have been jailed in the first place,he didn't ask for these thieving scum to drive 70 miles to his farm and rob him and put the fear of death into him.

You should have the right to protect yourself and your property.

British justice, on the side of the criminal as usual!
Old 08 May 2003, 10:34 PM
Luke
BANNED

And helped by your local plod.....
Old 09 May 2003, 08:44 AM
Huxley
Scooby Regular

If you work hard and save for nice things then you should expect to be robbed by poorer members of society.Any attempt to stop them will incure a large fine or prison sentence.
That sounds about right Luke

The scum have the police on their side the *******[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Shoot the scum

Free Tony Martin
Old 09 May 2003, 08:48 AM
ChrisB

I picked up a free copy of the Independant on Monday at the Gym. Headline was that some government agency has decided that burglers need protecting from the public was doing 'a job'.

Some people have disappeared on their own asses...

Ah, yes, here's the story

I'd vote for this man to be in charge:

"Norman Brennan, a serving police officer and the director of the Victims of Crime Trust, said that, by committing crime, burglars gave up "any rights". He added: "The public in this country are sick and tired of all these organisations pandering to the offender. Burglary is a despicable offence." He said: "sensible and reasonable" members of the public knew that, when criminal committed crime, they were putting themselves at risk."
Old 09 May 2003, 11:45 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Angry

What wrong with you guys - Look the law is there to protect the criminals not the innocent!

As far as Ton Martin goes he was defending his property and himself - probably scared out of his wits, he had been robbed on many seperate ocaisions - Why should it carry on. The Police cannot protect him, they have too few officers covering to large an area - Now thats down to our beloved government to fund the police - and remember they fund it with our money!

Tony Martin at worst should have got s suspended sentance and maybe a custodial for illegal possesion of a firearm along with some help!

I would do whatever it takes to protect my family and my own!

About time the government and the Police took real crime seriously and did something about it.

Prosecute criminals not victims. the criminals take a concious decision to go out and commit crime for whatever reason. They place the victims in this situation.

Makes my blood boil how this country is being turned into a pile of s**t by the people elected to run/look after it!
Old 09 May 2003, 02:51 PM
POC
Scooby Regular

Angry

What if it had been an asylum seeker that shot them?

Personaly I would have used a knife, cut their throats and burried em somewhere on the farm - or fed em to the pigs

No bodies, no crime
Old 09 May 2003, 02:53 PM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

if you live by the sword.....
Old 09 May 2003, 06:51 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Angry

If Tony martin had been 'clever' he would have gone after the fleeing wounded scum and finished him off too, lets NOT forget that this scumbag got awarded MANY thousands of £'s for his injuries!!!!!! AFTER WE had PAID for his legal costs!! Oh, yes we did!!

He should have continued on to the waiting getaway car and finished that scumbag off too!!

He should have taken the bodies and buried them somewhere on his farm - imagine how better off he would have been?? - not put into prision, why even suspect him as the gypsies had travelled 70miles to rob him and probably didnt tell anyone where they were going? he would have gained a new confidence and would have taken out the next pile of **** that attempted to rob him - he wouldn't have had a 'contract' taken out on him by the Gypsies (Yes, they have a contract out on him!!) - He would have been a 1 man justice administrator ............ bl00dy great too!!

I, personally, can imagine a set of events that would turn anyone into a vigilanty. However, ever since the Death Wish films of the 70's the decent parts of society have wished for something to be done!!

Nothing ever has!!

If you were on a jury - even faced with compelling evidence that the person in the dock in front of you had committed murder upon a low-life - would you convict??? I KNOW I would find them innocent - even if it was clear they HAD in fact committed the crime!!

Pete
Old 09 May 2003, 07:37 PM
Huxley
Scooby Regular

To bloody right Pete I was on the bench with the other people I wold try to sway them that he did what he had to do to protect himself and the fecking scum shouldn't have been there and go to a not guilty verdict.

Free Tony Martin

Huxley
Old 09 May 2003, 07:39 PM
Luke
BANNED

yep..kill the scum.Take them to some remote part of wales. rent a tree branch shredder.blend them.Then dump remains in a river. Wash out shredder with diesel etc. Then put some branches through.

save us all a problem and expense.

The Police have let us down. The law has let us down. Lets fight for our human rights to live in peace.

Quick Reply: Tony Martin loses early release appeal....