Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Uh oh! Who can recommend the best Pushchair/Travel System?

Search this Thread

Old 05 January 2003, 10:46 AM
GaryCat
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a Graco Mirage for sale at £60 if you are interested, See Graco web site for details. Also raincover and 'cosytoes'. Pushchair suits 0-3 years, carseat suits birth-13kg. Good condition £60 ono. Can deliver to Reading/Maidenhead/W.London area.

Gary.

[Edited by GaryCat - 5/1/2003 10:47:23 AM]
Old 30 April 2003, 07:12 PM
Dr Hu
Scooby Regular

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
Question

DOH - Missus about to drop.....

Having spent interminable hours in Baby Shops looking at Travel Systems/Pushchair thingy's, which one's are recommended?

We think we have semi decided on the Mothercare 'Urban Detour' Three Wheeler @ £250 all in. (it looks semi cool, front wheel swivels & carries a baby - what more can it do?)

But I am open to opinions from other far more qualified Scoobynetters who may actually know something about babies (as I know jack...)

Most importantly will it allow me to jump on the back axle and go 'surfing' up the aisle in Sainsbury's as a shopping trolley does?

Dr Hu (getting his priorities right....LOL)

Old 30 April 2003, 08:10 PM
ptholt
Scooby Regular

well my third is due this week so im getting quite experienced in this hehehe.

personally we werent that keen on the 3 wheeled thing cos it seemed huge when folded and didnt have that much storage space, when your missus is trying to walk round town get something thats small, easy to lift/fold/push and room to store baby items you may need - cup, nappy, wipes etc and some room to stuff the odd purchase is handy.

We have had two Graco travel systems which we have found ideal.

In your childs early months you put them in the kiddie seat, then when you stop to go for a walk etc you get the bottom half out the boot, remove the car seat from car and it clips into the bottom half, this is great when the babies asleep and you dont want to wake it getting into a pram etc.

when your child is old enough and has outgrown the initial car seat part you can still use the lower half as a pushchair.

Has plenty of strorage space, is light, easily washable and we took ours to florida and california with no problems or damage in transit.

We've just sold our second graco travel system on ebay as we've just bought a twin one as my youngest is only 18 months and have a third due any time now.

Would recommend going to a store that has lots of choice, have a play with setting them up, dismantling, carrying around, how much room in the car boot and take it from there.

Good luck with the birth and welcome to wonderful world of sleepless nights

Old 30 April 2003, 08:32 PM
stevem2k
Scooby Regular

Can I be experienced .. just done this !

We have got a bebe-comfort everest 3 wheeler + carry cot ( can be used in the car for < 6 months & overnight stays ) & 'free' elios safeside car seat from our local store here for a smidge under 400 all in - with interchange clips and stuff. It sounds like a lot of money, but a few people we know have gone through 3+ prams for each kid.

It is a 3 wheeler design, but folds smaller than the Mamas&Papas equivalent. Independent suspension .. but I'm looking for some eibachs to fit .

The UK Bebe Confort site is under construction, but you can get through the french one with a little trial and error. http://www.bebeconfort.com/

Cheers
Steve

(T-3months and counting)
Old 01 May 2003, 10:14 AM
Nimbus
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

recoment mamas and pappas travel system.

push chair (umbrella folding for easy storage)
cary chair for when their small (<9 months) that can either clip onto the pushchair, or as a rear facing car seat with the additional base unit.

Old 01 May 2003, 10:38 AM
Jer
Scooby Regular

We have just had dealings with Mothercare about the travel system we bought (Greco Metro sport with autobase).

I have an MY98 and the outlaws bought us this system when the baby was born. His head kept falling forward so we went back to the shop and asked them to check it out. Although the instructions say that it's suitable for the Impreza it's not. Even fitted properly and with the level indicator in the correct position the seat seemed really far forward.
Mothercare say because the system was used for more than three weeks we can't have a refund. We only took him out in the car a handful of times but used the pushchair more.
I have just written to mothercare head office.