Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Southend Mobile Speed Camera locations every Saturday Night

Search this Thread

Old 20 April 2003, 07:09 PM
Gangsta Smurf
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

I've noticed/heard that a lot of people are getting flashed by the A127 Mobile Gatsos which are always employed by Southend Police on a Saturday Night.

They are located on both sides of the A127 before the Rayleigh Underpass (if going from Southend London bound) or after if coming to Southend.

On the Londonbound side there are two locations;
1. Down the little side road (rare occasions) about 1000 yards after the 40Mph zone becomes National Highway
2. In a small entrance way to a field about 500 yards before the Underpass itself (every saturday night at some point)

For both the above they police use a brown unmarked Range Rover or a white unmarked van to conceal the camera itself. If your ragging it they are too well concealed to spot so I would suggest keeping at 70mph until you get into the underpass.

On the Southend bound side there are again two locations;
1. In the hard shoulder near Monitor Audio (rare occasions) this is about 500 yards after you come out of the Underpass.
2. In the daws heath slip road half way between where you come out of the underpass and the 40mph zone (every saturday night at some point)

For the above number 2 point they use a white unmarked Transit van which is parked down the road out of view. The camera tripod is coloured black and put next to a bush before the turn off and is impossible to see in the dark. the area is unlit too which makes it double difficult

Obviously don't forget about the stationery camera in the 40mph zone sounthend bound.

Also note the following which is standard on a Saturday night at some point.

1. SouthendBound - a policecar is sometimes parked down in the entrance to the BigYellow self storage. Strategic placement to get people dragging away from the lights by the Jeep Garage
2. They also park in the Entrance to the car wash opposite the BigYellow self Storage (you will know if they are planning it because the gates to the car wash will be left open after they close at 5 - which is funny for any business in southend unless they was going to be a police presence)

The above locations have a turn around point in the carriage way located opposite so they can easily pursue drivers going in either direction.

Sorry about the length of this post but I think these tactics are closer to entrapment than road safety and I hate hearing about scoobs being done by these cameras.
Old 20 April 2003, 07:15 PM
oj
Scooby Regular

Many thanks for the info... Always nice to know the whereabouts of these.....!!

OJ...
Old 20 April 2003, 07:16 PM
Mrx
Scooby Regular

Cheers Ganster smurf
Will watch out for them
Old 20 April 2003, 07:31 PM
Gangsta Smurf
Scooby Regular

Smile

No probs people ... just wanna keep as many scoobs on the road as possible and the bare minumum of revenue to the rozzers
Old 21 April 2003, 02:53 PM
Gangsta Smurf
Scooby Regular

BTTT
Old 21 April 2003, 05:12 PM
kamikaze
Scooby Regular

essexpolice
i always look at this page every day since it tel you where the mobile traps are in essex
b*steds
Old 21 April 2003, 05:55 PM
Gangsta Smurf
Scooby Regular

Wink

Cheers for that link Kamikaze ... shall be checking in earnest. I poked my tongue out today at Rozzer sitting in mobile gatso van, this was while I unloaded all my pent up boost (via Supersound dvalve) in first as he was sipping a red bull. Hope he spilled it over the camera control box.