Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Car agencies, are they a bunch of liars?

Search this Thread

Old 15 April 2003, 11:56 AM
Crush
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

Sorry to bring this up again, but they're doing my head in.

I'm trying to sell my car and put "No Agencies" on my ad. Yet they still phone me & offer to sell my car . I told them a pack of lies & said a few people were interested, and I don't want their help.

But I just want to know how they know, that there are

Several people in my area looking for the exact make & model of my car
Now, That sounds like a pack of lies to me. How could they possibly know that information, unless they phone everybody in the phone book & ask if they want to buy a car. Cause I can't imagine anyone phoning them up to ask if they can find a car for them

I wouldn't touch them. But what are everyone elses thoughts on them? are they liars or can they really help?
Old 15 April 2003, 12:03 PM
what would scooby do
Scooby Senior

Yes they are lying.. here's proof.. a long time ago I had a Fiat Croma turbo (yes I know)220bhp..

anyways agency calls up and says they have a queue of buyers - LOL @ them pr1cks.. nobody ever wanted Croma Turbos.. queue my ***..
Old 15 April 2003, 12:09 PM
SCOOBY TOWERS
Scooby Regular

Think of it the other way around !
Would you ask an agency to find a car for you ?
I know I wouldn't
Old 15 April 2003, 12:20 PM
GaryK
Scooby Regular

I dont know how they stay in business, *everyone* knows that for buying or selling the trader is the place to go. Very annoying when you get called. I remember advertising a car in the trader several years ago and put strictly no canvassers and a guy from Autocar (up till then Id considered a reputable publication) called me about it, Im like what f**king letter out of n and o dont you understand???

Just tell em to go f**k themselves!!!!

Gary
Old 15 April 2003, 12:25 PM
camk
Scooby Regular

They stay in business the same was as timeshare companies do. People's gullibility is a deep pit.
Old 15 April 2003, 12:34 PM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Angry

Sadly I got stitched up by one of these companies a few years ago they told me I would start receiving calls in an hour and strangely enough I never received one phone call I am trying to sell my other halfs car now and I just waiting for the b@stards to try it on again [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] I do not know how they stay in business Most people know they are a scam now but they keep going [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Paul
Old 15 April 2003, 08:18 PM
Dave Thornton
Scooby Regular

The best thing to do is to put 01592 777800 into your mobile's address book with the name Cardata p*** off. When they inevitably ring you can cancel the call without delay.

A few years ago, I tested our Cardata. Then, you could get the sellers phone numbers off their website, and I phoned abou 30 sellers of Ford Fiestas priced around £4,000. I judged this to be the most popular secondhand car for sale. Not one of the 30 had received a single call via Cardata.
Old 15 April 2003, 08:31 PM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

yep they've been pestering me as well its hard enough to sell without these ****** hassling me.
astraboy.
Old 15 April 2003, 08:38 PM
Crush
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Too right Astraboy. You finally think somebody is interested when they say.

I'm calling about the Ford Focus for sale

Then you're like, "Finally", then they say

I'm from a company called car data

Arghhh!!
Old 15 April 2003, 11:32 PM
Scot123
Scooby Regular

Talking

Try this in your ad.."Any canvassers will be answered with a tirade of foul mouthed abuse"

Ask if your telephone company does anon caller rejection as I've found most cold callers withhold their numbers. Well, most do...
Old 15 April 2003, 11:43 PM
Dracoro
Scooby Regular

I got these conpanies (not a spelling error there ) trying it on with me & I would respond enthusiastically saying 'If you get me a buyer THEN I'll give you DOUBLE when the deal is done!' They declined to which I ask to speak to the manager asking why they have such poor business sense that they wanted to turn down the opportunity to get double the money they normally charge. Is it coz they are full of **** perchance? They mutter and never call back, job done!

When I was selling my Corrado VR6, back at my parents which is in the middle of nowhere, I had one conpany say that had '5 buyers in a 6 mile radius of me', so I said 'REALLY!, there's snowball chance in hell of 5 people in my area looking for ANY sort of car, let alone a Corrado. They never called back either.

[Edited by Dracoro - 4/15/2003 11:45:05 PM]
Old 15 April 2003, 11:49 PM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

i recently had my passat in the trader- trader cocked up and put a pic of an orange mg beside my wording!

anyway- agency calls up- "we have lots of ppl interested in your passat" me- "oh, really?" them "yes, convertibles are very popular this time of year"

T