Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Does your dog....

Search this Thread

Old 17 March 2003, 12:19 PM
SuzyQ
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi just had to stop gardening ...dogs!! does your dog stand an inch from your feet while you are trying to dig?? and then if you put your hands on anything..plant or weed does your dog try to eat it usually before its left your hand?and does your dog sniff out worms run around garden with them then ..wait for it ...eat them ..YUK!!!Have had to stop gardening now because the dog is driving me mad!!
But I can safely say worms won't harm her..not unless it's a big one that bites back ...still waiting to see that though!
be warned for anyone else with a mad dog snails are not good for them to eat..so if it crunches empty thier mouths..lol

suzy and a very sick disgusting mad weim Maggie
Old 17 March 2003, 12:28 PM
rik1471
Scooby Regular

Try keeping the dog in the house when you're gardening?????
Old 17 March 2003, 12:32 PM
SuzyQ
Scooby Regular

Nice idea unfortunately this is not the sort of dog who likes to be shut away from me ..and just howls and crys if I shut her in while im in the garden i have tried this you see and plus it would be nices to be able to garden with dog lying in sunshine its just she feels she has to help...i just guess that my garden will have less worms in it than everyone elses..lol
Old 17 March 2003, 12:45 PM
Adrian F
Scooby Regular

I thought it was just Spaniels! My English Springer i had when i was a kid would always want to take over the digging which was great for building camps etc as she was a portable JCB and would dig where ever you scratched at the ground using her teeth to pull roots out or bite through them and my Welsh springer i have now has to help my Mum garden. When she was a youngster she relabled all her seedlings one year so when she was selling them she didn't know what they would they would turn out to be so everthing that year was "Mixed Colours" on the stall! Now she is nearly Ten her Gardening is more laying there acting as supervisor where she use to be in the thick of the action.
Old 17 March 2003, 01:03 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Lol, maggie lying in the sund whilst you garden, umm, never going to happen! she's far to nosey and likes to be involved! lol.

If you did lock her indoors she'd just stand at the window and watch you! lol!
Old 17 March 2003, 01:18 PM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Lorchan is also a useful JCB for digging out tree stumps, except that he has no concept of teamwork - no no Lorchie, I dig with my very sharp fork HERE while you scrabble over THERE.

Yes he also stands three inches behind you when you're trying to work, and has the billhook scar over his eye to prove it

And they say the breed is intelligent?
Old 17 March 2003, 02:02 PM
Adrian F
Scooby Regular

Wink

I think we are all missing the point that in our dogs opinons we are not doing the job correctly and that they are just trying to show us the error of our ways!

Trending Topics

Old 17 March 2003, 02:30 PM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

i just wack mine and they bugger off.

T
Old 17 March 2003, 04:19 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Brendan - I know, weim = intellegent, umm who came up with that idea. Well, they ARE intelligent, when it comes to working out how to get what they want when they want! very much like children! lol

God knows what it will be like when maggie has puppies, 9 of the little grey treasures bounding around.
Old 17 March 2003, 05:40 PM
SuzyQ
Scooby Regular

They are intelligent..just got no common sense ..lol Maggie was very nearly wearing my fork!! as for portable jcb ...erm ..how do you get them to dig in the right places ..and more to the point ho do you get them to stop once they in a six foot hole??
Old 18 March 2003, 07:45 PM
Adrian F
Scooby Regular

Talking

With my English Springer she would take over the digging where ever you started and do it "properly" for you front paws diging back ones throwing it out of the way and continue untill she was distracted by some thing else normally food!

The Welsh Springer i have now will sniff the hole and inspect the work but she is not a digger she is too intelligent she will let you do the work with her guiding you in the correct methods until some thing more interesting comes along.
Old 18 March 2003, 08:39 PM
jimi
Scooby Regular

YOU LOOKING AT ME!