Search this Thread

Old 15 March 2003, 08:28 AM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Please avoid this one branch at all costs

CarCraft @ Newport.

I made the 140 mile round trip to visit them yesterday with my mate, who wanted to buy a Golf GTI. He had called them up and was guarranteed that they had a choice of over 20 GTIs always in stock.

Great - so off we went. Upon arrival, there was definitely an atmosphere - like "what the hell do you want?".....

Hmm, I thought, bite my tongue - it's not your purchase. Keep out of it.

The salesman who my mate had booked the appointment with, didn't exist (!). Alarm bells were ringing now. After being ushered into a corner, we were told they only had 5 GTIs [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] - All out of my mate's price range.

My mate went on to tell them that their advert (in AutoTrader) stated the facts about the stock availablity. The salesman basically shrugged his shoulders and started to walk off!

Then his counterpart/boss "smarmed" his way over to us. We again, explained the unfortunate situation.
My mate even tried to keep the deal going by saying couldn't they transfer one from one of their Northern Branches. A fair comment. The answer was, we don't transfer from branch to branch [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
He couldn't really explain why the Advert said what it did, but I then mentioned about Trading Standards....He preceded to start talking to me about my Scoob (he'd clocked my Scooby coat). I started thinking, "hang on, I'm not the customer. Talk to my mate. Keep him sweet". But no, he carried on regardless.
I'm getting rather ratty now, and when he said "yeh, the running costs are astronomical", my patience ran out and I replied "only if you can't afford them"

Granted not the right thing to say, but he was beginning to p1$$ me off.

After I said this, he ignored me and my mate and we left.

Are all car supermarkets like this? Are these the places where cr@p or old car salesmen end their years?

Either way, Car Craft will not be recommended to any of my mates, and my mate is writing to Trading Standards over this matter.

The only plus side was I got to hear my Scoobysport system through thee tunnel going into Newport from Monmouth!!

You have been advised

Dan

If anybody knows of a Golf GTI for sale, have a look at this AD I've placed for my mate -

Golf Request

[Edited by ScoobyDoo555 - 3/15/2003 8:31:35 AM]
Old 15 March 2003, 09:31 AM
ronny555
Scooby Regular

Angry

Snap

www.scoobynet.co.uk/bbs/thread.asp?threadid=162334
Old 15 March 2003, 10:15 AM
scooby-new
Scooby Regular

it is not just that branch do a google search and you'll find lots of very very bad stuff about these people. Avoid these assh0les like you would a social disease.
Old 15 March 2003, 11:12 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Northampton Car Supermarket- same attitude!

The cars may be a bit cheaper and there is a good reason - lack of skilled people to deal with you and any problems and god help you if you do have a problem - they could not give a s*it.
Old 15 March 2003, 11:46 AM
Mark Miwurdz
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Spooky - just been in there now (N'pton).

Nice enough bloke but totally clueless and the cars I looked at dings, scrapes and bangs.
Old 15 March 2003, 12:10 PM
Popeye P1
Scooby Regular

Have a car craft just down the road from me. Its nicknamed Carcrap.
Old 15 March 2003, 12:35 PM
SiDHEaD
Scooby Regular

I went here to look at a scoob. It seemed cheap but they assured me it was a turbo and not a sport (i asked specifically). The only reason i went there was because i was getting desperate as my old car had sold and i had no way of getting to work

When i got there they had NO Subaru Imprezas there. But they couldn't just tell me that. The salesman kept going off for long walks round the whole supermarket.

He then claimed he'd "found a silver one in the pre-valet compound". He couldn't let me see it as it hadn't been checked over yet!

He promised he would phone me in a couple of days. I gave him 2 contact numbers. Did he b*llocks.

As it happens their interest rates are fecking rediculous anyway.

[Edit to say: this was northampton branch.]

I went off and bought one somewhere else the next day anyway, from a smaller dealership. Much better - except they claimed it was FSSH and when i got home i noticed (when investigating properly) that the car, now on 54k, had missed the 52.5k service. Ahh that'll be my warranty void then

You can't really trust any second-hand car places it would seem.

Andy

[Edited by SiDHEaD - 3/15/2003 12:37:26 PM]

Trending Topics

Old 15 March 2003, 01:24 PM
Tim-Grove
Scooby Regular

I got my Clio 172 from MotorHouse 2000 and they are great. They don’t pounce on you as soon as you walk like in CarCraft, they are helpful but don’t hound you like some other car supermarkets do. The only down side is that they will not budge on the price at all (suppose the cars are cheap to start with though) the only thing I could get out of them was a free set of mat and one of those wax guard treatments but no money off.

Tim.
Old 15 March 2003, 05:41 PM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

For anybody who's interested, my mate and I looked at Golf today....and bought it

MY96 5dr Black totally standard (he's only just turned 25 with no NCB ) 80K on the clock for £3000 with 12 months MOT chucked in

The car was a p/ex from Listers VW, but too old for them to sell on their forecourt....

Well chuffed - I'd forgotten how quick the GTis were!!!

We had a RIGHT larf coming home!!

Dan

edited to say"TAX" & "MOT"

[Edited by ScoobyDoo555 - 3/15/2003 5:42:51 PM]
Old 15 March 2003, 06:04 PM
CooperS
Scooby Regular

Carcraft in Sheffield weren't very good either, went there a couple of years ago, took a Parker's price guide with us, all the cars were well over the price in the guide (sometimes £2000!) and there was one particular example, a volvo T-5, with leather seats which were worn right through on the drivers side. had about 100000 on the clock and they wanted a ridiculous price for it.

Walked away after 5 mins.

Andy
Old 15 March 2003, 06:09 PM
TopBanana
Scooby Regular

Car salesman are a breed apart. I was talking to one today who picked up my sunnies from the desk and tried them on, for no discernable reason
Old 15 March 2003, 06:14 PM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

I'd have punched him in the face!!!

Dan

bit harsh but hey, the wound is still sore!!!
Old 15 March 2003, 08:57 PM
paulr
Scooby Regular

Arrow

Also be careful of the descriptions on the Auto-Trader website.
I went today to look at three cars on there,all said metallic paint,none where,one said central locking,it wasn't..another said one owner,it was two.
Not Auto Traders fault but in future i'll ring the dealers first to double check the advert.

Old 16 March 2003, 12:24 PM
TopBanana
Scooby Regular

I'd have punched him in the face
I would have done, but they were expensive sunnies
Old 16 March 2003, 05:10 PM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular