Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Parking ticket

Search this Thread

Old 09 March 2003, 07:31 PM
Toby
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can't find a parking space so park on a single yellow- pop into the shop & come out to find a kind invitation to swell Reading councils coffers. Cursing I scanned the 'invitation' for the contribution & I've noticed that the warden has got my registration number wrong - he/she missed a number off. Should I just keep quiet, and therefore miss their kind offer period of a reduced penalty, and risk having to pay the full price? AFAIK the registration that is typed on the ticket does not exist so will they get try to get their man by extrapolating the numbers & searching on car make or just give up?? Obviously I should pay up but who owuldn't take a potential escape route????
Advice please & obviously I'll never park illegally again, me lord.
Old 09 March 2003, 07:46 PM
SWRTWannabe
Scooby Regular

Check out www.parkingticket.co.uk - I'm fairly certain there will be some good advice on there. However, if I remember correctly, if the parking ticket is not filled out correctly, you are in the clear. Fingers crossed
Old 09 March 2003, 08:40 PM
scooby-new
Scooby Regular

errr if it hasnt got the correct registration mark on it you can't be sure it was issued to your vehicle. Don't say anything and fight it in court if need be. It can't be your responsibility without the correct details on it!
Old 10 March 2003, 01:45 AM
Dicke C
Scooby Regular

I think they put the reg and the tax disk number on the ticket. I rx a parking fine through the post for my work van for a place I'd never been. When i queried the ticket they asked me to tell them the serial number on the tax disk, it did not match theres so got off.
Check the ticket to see if the tax disk serial numbers is on it.