Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Remember - Data Protection Act

Search this Thread

Old 24 September 2001, 03:19 PM
stevencotton
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I took a call from IM on Friday telling me I had an excellent credit rating and asking if I'd like a loan. I declined a few times ("Would you like a new car?", "have you been on or are you planning a holiday this year?"), after responding to the latter that I'd already been away a few times this year I was quizzed on where I went and why. About 10 minutes after I'd put the phone down I realised I'd given away information that could possibly be used to target spam in my direction (told her where I'd been and that I'd lived there for a year, not secret in any way but information that could be used all the same). Now, either I could be mistaken and she was just being friendly but for someone that gets paid to sell loans I did feel like I was probed a little and that I should have thought about what I said, I was caught completely off guard, wasn't until I saw one of those government sponsored ads about this very thing that I thought about it. I may be giving them a call and asking them to disclose every piece of info they have on me. Just a warning

Steve.