Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Telewest

Search this Thread

Old 29 August 2001, 10:37 PM
mega_stream
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Signed up for the "active digital", what a joke box locks up, cant view whats on next (just shows a blank box) best bit is, ringing customer services...4th time in a week, average on hold 25 minutes
Didn't have to wait that long when I wanted to order it...

Luckily I'm on my 7th day so I've cancelled it tonight (after 20mins on hold, I'm going back to Sky and BT

Still the old blueyonder is the nut5, keeping that , still slow on this bbs though.

Not meaning to slag off Telewest by the way, just my opinion, I'm sure some others only have to wait 15 minutes on hold
Old 30 August 2001, 10:03 AM
cbr1100xx
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by mega_stream:
<B>Signed up for the "active digital", what a joke box locks up, cant view whats on next (just shows a blank box) best bit is, ringing customer services...4th time in a week, average on hold 25 minutes
Didn't have to wait that long when I wanted to order it...

Luckily I'm on my 7th day so I've cancelled it tonight (after 20mins on hold, I'm going back to Sky and BT

Still the old blueyonder is the nut5, keeping that , still slow on this bbs though.

Not meaning to slag off Telewest by the way, just my opinion, I'm sure some others only have to wait 15 minutes on hold [/quote]

Mate, your not alone! NTL and Telewest are not very good at all! The service is terrible, the interactive bit it like running Windows 98 on a 286! VERY VERY SAD!

Old 30 August 2001, 10:37 AM
Nick V
Scooby Newbie

Huxley,

"Newbury is a black spot for cable modems" what a load of cr@p you've been told
I don't know why this stuff is sold to people if it cannot work or be supported properly

Cheers, Nick
Old 30 August 2001, 12:20 PM
Huxley
Scooby Regular

A freind of ours had the same sort of problem with NTL when the orderd Tv and cable modem waited in god no's how many times and not turn up then to be told that the area they are in in Newbury is a Black spot for cable modems ?

Roll on monday BT coming in to fit ADSL for Free now that the have done our local exchange (plus monthly cost)

Huxley
Old 30 August 2001, 10:48 PM
Huxley
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

You will still pay more in the long run for ntl or telewest etc we have sky (but i don't pay for bloody football as i hate it)and you get a far better choice than the rest

Huxley

And they will stil P*** you about with their crap customer care !NTL etc etc
Old 31 August 2001, 08:47 AM
DrEvil
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

I can tell you now, that from the investigation I've done, and actually words from X-employees of cable companies, they are all suffering from the same issues..

My experience with NTL was appaulling, they took 2 months to get a cable/phone/cablemodem connection setup and working ( 1 month of which was spent trying to work out why there was no signal from the box in the street... then they realised it wasn't plugged into their network!).

Ho hum...