Asylum seekers suing the goverment!

Search this Thread

Old 19 February 2003, 10:35 AM
Badger Stuffer
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
<Rant mode>

WTF is happening to this country.

5 asylum seekers are today taking the british goverment to court for not giving them housing benefit and making them homeless.

I agree that we need to help genuine asylum seekers but this bunch are being denied benefit and they have did not apply for asylum until they were caught here illegally.

They should be housed in a hostel and made to get jobs and contribute something to the country that they are asking asylum in.

This really makes my blood boil. Do the homeless in this country try this..NO.

If they don't like the rules that our goverment sets for them then I think they should **** off back to where they came form.

</Rant>

[Edited by Badger Stuffer - 2/19/2003 10:36:46 AM]
Old 19 February 2003, 10:44 AM
TaviaRS
Scooby Regular

Maybe our UK spec homeless should try it, especially if the imports win. Or maybe the government should adopt IM procedures, "Sorry we don't service imports!"
Old 19 February 2003, 10:46 AM
Katana
Scooby Regular

This is funny.
Old 19 February 2003, 10:47 AM
I_dont_giveafvk
Scooby Regular

BadgerStuffer youz are spot on

they are w@nkers
Old 19 February 2003, 10:55 AM
Popeye P1
Scooby Regular

Angry

Makes my blood boil. We've just lost the plot.
Old 19 February 2003, 10:58 AM
andrewdelvard
Scooby Regular

They should be housed in a hostel and made to get jobs and contribute something to the country that they are asking asylum in
I'm sure a large number of asylum seekers would like to have jobs. Unfortunately during the application stage they are not officially able to take any paid work until decisions are reached about there status.
Old 19 February 2003, 10:59 AM
I_dont_giveafvk
Scooby Regular

just fink once iraq is liberated they can go and live there loads of space and oil to pay for them
Old 19 February 2003, 11:01 AM
Badger Stuffer
Scooby Regular

The ******* have just ******* won.

group of six asylum seekers has won its High Court challenge against new rules denying them housing and benefits.

The High Court on Wednesday blocked new Home Office rules stripping late claimants for asylum of the right to state-funded food and shelter.

The outcome of the six test cases will affect 150 other asylum seekers who have begun legal action on similar grounds.

Home Secretary David Blunkett said after the judgment: "We are deeply concerned that the High Court has found against the Home Office and we will be appealing against the decision, with the Attorney General taking the appeal on behalf of the Government."

Mr Blunkett said the law, that people should claim asylum as soon as reasonably practicable, still stood.

The appeal will be heard on 3 March.

Giving his ruling, Mr Justice Collins said the rules as they were applied in the six test cases breached the European Convention on Human Rights.

The judge ruled it had been established there was "a real risk" of destitution leading to injury to health.

He said "insufficient consideration" had been given to the issue and the decisions made in the case of the six "must be quashed and reconsidered, if that has not already happened."

Emergency support

Barry Stoyle, chief executive for the Refugee Legal Centre, said he was delighted with the ruling.

He said Mr Blunkett's interpretation of section 55 of the Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Act 2002 was too strict and did not allow for asylum seekers making claims very soon after arrival in the UK.

Mr Stoyle said: "Such rigorous adherence to the act means many asylum seekers are becoming increasingly impoverished."

The court heard last week the asylum seekers had fled persecution in their home countries, but had been denied support in Britain because they did not apply for asylum "as soon as reasonably practicable".

Keir Starmer QC, representing five of the group, said the government's policy had forced them onto the streets.

He said an Iraqi man had spent the night "in a telephone box and a tunnel" and a young woman from Ethiopia was found at Heathrow Airport.

The six claimants have been on emergency support pending the outcome of the legal action.

The Home Office has maintained the regulations were designed to stop immigrants who have been working illegally using the asylum system to delay their removal.

Source

I think it's time to seriously consider getting out of this country for good.
Old 19 February 2003, 11:01 AM
GaryK
Scooby Regular

Question

The thing that gets me has everyone forgot the basic immigration laws? Surely if you enter this (or any) country illegally and get caught you get deported simple as that!
Old 19 February 2003, 11:04 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Angry

Someone, somewhere, has put these people up to this. I'd wager a pound to a penny that they didn't come up with it themselves.
It's the people who are thinking up ways to keep the illegals, scam the government, and sue the government, that we ought to be rooting out, and SENDING TO WHEREVER HAS THE WORST CIVIL RIGHTS RECORD ON EARTH.[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Then maybe they'll appreciate this once great country, and stop trying to make an easy buck!
Alcazar
Old 19 February 2003, 11:05 AM
andrewdelvard
Scooby Regular

just fink once iraq is liberated they can go and live there loads of space and oil to pay for them

And with a perfect sense of diplomatic timing I_dont_giveafvk offers an outstanding solution to the challenges the world is facing.
Three cheers for I_dont_giveafvk, Hip Hip....
Katana
Scooby Regular

The thing that gets me has everyone forgot the basic immigration laws? Surely if you enter this (or any) country illegally and get caught you get deported simple as that!
It is. Normal people with loads of cash and a some high education would have problems entering this country to stay as a resident or get citizenship. Don't know how the asylum seekers found a way around it. Perhaps the government only wants poor uneducated people in this country who knows?
I_dont_giveafvk
Scooby Regular

wonder if Justic Collins has an email address

what a fecking c*nt
Old 19 February 2003, 11:15 AM
POC
Scooby Regular

Angry

This is pathetic, when are they going to sort these f*cking p*sstakers out?

Each day I am more and more suprised and disgusted at this sh*thole of a country and the spineless c*nts that run it.
Old 19 February 2003, 11:24 AM
CraigH
Scooby Regular

Giving his ruling, Mr Justice Collins said the rules as they were applied in the six test cases breached the European Convention on Human Rights.

The judge ruled it had been established there was "a real risk" of destitution leading to injury to health
You can't really argue with that point - but I REALLY would like to hope that the 1000s of homeless and destitute people of this country would benefit in a similar manner.

Perhaps a way round this would be to get all these "illegal immigrants" and get them drafted straight into the army. Can't beat cheap cannon fodder

Old 19 February 2003, 11:26 AM
POC
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Operation Human Sheild

Old 19 February 2003, 11:34 AM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Angry

coming soon to a house near yours..

your new neighbours. Friendly looking lot aren't they?
Old 19 February 2003, 11:42 AM
Katana
Scooby Regular

Well to be fair they'd fit in just nicely with the council estate people that claims benefits and gets like a grand a month on "dissability allowance" and child benefit.
Old 19 February 2003, 11:51 AM
brett555
Scooby Regular

Lol @ POC ....

Whichever g'menmt gets rid of asylum seekers from this country , closes the f*cking doors , gets rid of the obscene amount of speed camera's etc.. etc.. , brings back capital punishment for the gary glitters of the world gets my vote. !!!

brett

[Edited by brett555 - 2/19/2003 11:51:30 AM]
Old 19 February 2003, 11:53 AM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Angry

[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] what is this country coming to I can't believe what is happening now and find it hard to believe that they come here like that then have the cheek to sue us [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] I am off to read the full story properly before I get [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Paul
Old 19 February 2003, 11:56 AM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Barry Stoyle, chief executive for the Refugee Legal Centre, said he was delighted with the ruling.
These are the B*****ds that are to blame for this refugee-legal-centre.org.uk

Why not tell them what you think of them [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Home Secretary David Blunkett said after the judgment: "We are deeply concerned that the High Court has found against the Home Office and we will be appealing against the decision, with the Attorney General taking the appeal on behalf of the Government."
Old 19 February 2003, 11:59 AM
I_dont_giveafvk
Scooby Regular

is it against the law to mail them and tell them that you think they are a bunch of ****s
Old 19 February 2003, 12:01 PM
Badger Stuffer
Scooby Regular

You are entitled to free speach so mail away.

Just watch your language.
Old 19 February 2003, 12:09 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Angry

Doesn't it just keep getting better!
Old 19 February 2003, 12:38 PM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

Wink

there are plenty of ways to insult someone without resorting to obscene language...
For example:
Sir, you're an ****.
Sir, You are a complete waste of skin and vital organs.
Sir, you are an irrelevent turd toucher.
Sir, you are the kind of person I would laugh at if I came across you in the street and were on fire.
Sir, You are the very person which is turning this country into the pus and vomit filled bucket of excrement that it is at the moment.
Sir, Re: Your recent court victory. Your mother must be proud of you.
I could go on, but you get the idea. Just remember to suffix it with IMHO and you're OK.
astraboy.

Old 19 February 2003, 12:40 PM
Popeye P1
Scooby Regular

Refugee legal centre. LOL what a joke. Now I know where our hard earned taxes go on. Maybe the Taliban will move over here and take legal action for overthrowing them in Afghanistan. Who knows. Its a mad country we live in.
Old 19 February 2003, 12:48 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Angry

Sir, you are lining your pockets with public money for your own personal gain whilst selling our once fair country down the river in the process.[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 19 February 2003, 12:57 PM
drumsterphil
Scooby Regular

Angry

To whom it may concern -

"Common-sense has left the building!"

What is this country coming too???!!!
Old 19 February 2003, 01:07 PM
ChristianR
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
just d.o.s. the website
Old 19 February 2003, 01:21 PM
Badger Stuffer
Scooby Regular

Leaving the country looks more promising each day.

Quick Reply: Asylum seekers suing the goverment!