Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Blueyonder/Telewest any good?

Search this Thread

Old 27 July 2001, 12:17 AM
mega_stream
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm conisdering switching my BT telephone to Telewest and getting the Blueyonder broadband Internet connection at the same time for £25

Has anyone got any good or bad comments about this setup?

Cheerz
Old 27 July 2001, 12:51 AM
Andy Tang
Scooby Regular

I have a friend who has had no issues with his over the last year or so.

Another friend had the connection down for 3 days, but it turns out it was his fault!! (PC settings were incorrect)

Mine is getting installed tomorrow, so I'll let you know!!!

Andy
Old 27 July 2001, 01:12 PM
JoeyDeacon
Scooby Regular

Cool

I hope I don't libel scoobynet by saying this but after past experiences I wouldn't touch Telewest with a 100ft bargepole...

When I used to rent with 3 friends (all techy nerds) we had 4 seperate phone lines and 4 cable boxes. Initial installation was a nightmare, they had to turn up 3 times before the installation was complete. They also left cables untacked running down the side of the house. The second lot of installation guys who turned up said the initial installation was the worst they had ever seen. When they say that somebody is going to turn up they never do.

We then started getting billed for 6 phone lines so phoned them up to try and sort the mess out. On hold for over an hour and when you do finally get through to somebody the computer system down (apparently). they tell you they are sending somebody out and they never turn up. We obviously refused to pay the bill until they sorted it out but they just said "pay for the six and we will refund the rest" we refused and eventually got cut off! We paid the money and they reconnected us.

A little while later got home to discover all the phone lines had been disconnected again. Usual hour on hold and were then told we had been disconected because we were a business!!! We had 4 phone lines and because we are all geeky IT people the phone bills totalled £300 a month. After much arguments they finally reconected us again.

The guy whose name the phone bill/cable bill was in got credit blacklisted because of all this.

Even the installation guys (who are all contractors, not actually employed by telewest) called them Telepest. Avoid the the plague
Old 27 July 2001, 09:38 PM
MarkWRX
Scooby Regular

Ive had Telewest for Cable TV in the past and personally had so many problems with customer service that I changed to Sky.
However, I have the Cable Modem now and for 99% of the time it is great.
Im watching big brother as im typing this and the picture/sound is v good. I could not go back to modem again, especially if you download music etc as it is so fast.
It was 'down' for about 1/2 hour earlier tonight though.
All things considered, I would recommend it.
Mark
Old 27 July 2001, 10:21 PM
mega_stream
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the info,

Must admit the missis don't wanna move from BT for the phone, so maybe its best to just get the Internet through them and pay £33 a month.

Old 28 July 2001, 06:02 PM
Sith
Scooby Regular

Smile

We have Telewest cable TV with no problems. Also use a Telewest phone line for the modem, no probs here either. Cust service has always been good.
I'm also looking to goto Blue Yonder.

P.