Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

dogs!!

Search this Thread

Old 17 February 2003, 11:29 PM
SuzyQ
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi there ..dogs who'd have them!! mine cut open her leg last week the vet refused to stitch it incase of infection and she has had antibiotics...now of course a week later and after her antibiotics she's opened up the cut....all the vet has said is...'oh there are a few blood vessels that run down the leg but we don't want to tie them off it should heal naturally'!!how many times can she re open it without risk of infection...dogs who'd have them!!
On a good point she has been accepted by the stud I want so we are going to have a busy march!And will hopefully hear the patter of tiny paws...hopefully not too many of them tho !! lol
Old 18 February 2003, 08:28 AM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Cool

Did vet suggest use of a head collar - you know the thing that looks like a lampshade that will prevent dog licking or getting at wounds with his mouth? I know thay are a pain in the proverbial for both dog and owner but they do work. Might be the answer. Might have to take it off during you know what at stud time though
Old 18 February 2003, 08:43 AM
Redkop
Scooby Regular

They are called a Buster Collar.
Old 18 February 2003, 09:47 AM
barge
Scooby Regular

dont care what they are called they are bloody funny when you see a dog walking done the street in them I always pmls
Old 18 February 2003, 09:55 AM
SuzyQ
Scooby Regular

the vet suggested nothing..just the it will heal eventually,the problem is when she goes for a run it opens up and being the dog she is she needs to run! ...plus i need to get her fit for the stud dog ..tee he he he
Old 18 February 2003, 10:03 AM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Angry

[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] the vet should have given u a lampshade.
Old 18 February 2003, 10:33 AM
Diablo
Scooby Regular

They are called a Buster Collar.
They should really be called WMD collars
Old 18 February 2003, 02:41 PM
Chrisgr31
Scooby Regular

I remember our Gordon Setter having one of those collars. Initially he found it a right pain, and went to bed and sulked.

However whilst sulking he thought of a plan! When he woke up he practised using his lampshade collar as a battering ram, pushing the furniture around. Once he had refined his technique he turned his attention to us humans. Those collars don't half hurt when they hit the back of your knees at speed, especially when they have about seven stone of dog behind them!
Old 18 February 2003, 05:37 PM
planky
Scooby Regular

One of my dogs had to have a soft plastic tube put in its side after it was bitten so it could drip out any infection and that was left open for over a week.
Old 18 February 2003, 09:34 PM
SuzyQ
Scooby Regular

Couldn't imagine my mad dog putting up with a collar..she's bad enough without one...and she really hurts when she hits the back of your knees ..she doesn't need the added collar!! lol
I have spent today cleaning dried on blood off the windows in the rear of the car..lovely!!not letting her in it again until I know the wound has healed...she can run along behind i think ...(oh better add this is only a joke for all those sensitive peoples..honest )
Old 19 February 2003, 09:37 AM
Scoobychick
Scooby Regular

When my dog had a particularly nasty cut on her eyelid (from jumping through a cold frame ) the vet gave her a collar which she hated so he also perscribed some sedatives to keep her calm and stop her from trying to rip the collar off. Although sedated she was still unhappy about the collar and was inflicting too much damage on us (back of leg thing = ouch!), my other dog and the furniture, doorways etc etc so we removed it and kept her lightly sedated for a couple of days, this worked a treat and by the 3rd day the cut had healed up very nicely.

Who'd have a dog?
Old 19 February 2003, 11:18 AM
SuzyQ
Scooby Regular

Angry

Can't believe it just got back from vets ...my dogs in season so it means that crufts week is gonna be a real pain..two trips to norfolk and one to birmingham...I know she would do this to me!!
Hey have you got any sedatives left think my dog would benefit from being permantly in a state of mild sedation
DOGS!! who'd have them!
Old 19 February 2003, 02:30 PM
swan
Scooby Regular

SuzyQ, either you're unluckly or we were lucky. Out dog managed to impale it's leg on something or other a few weeks ago, vet did the same thing - cleaned it up and gave antibiotics. Despite the psycho dog still jumping over walls and running around like a maniac it's healed quite nicely.
Old 19 February 2003, 03:54 PM
ariel
Scooby Regular

Lost my Charliedog last week A brain haemmorage i think.
My Gordon Setter, had him for over 10 years, a beautiful personality, everyone loved him and my pal

Gloom....