Outlook help required...

Search this Thread

Old 17 July 2001, 09:56 PM
Oz
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Help required...

Trying to send an email from Outlook (I use Freeserve) and I keep getting a message that says something about 'no transport provider'.

I know the email address is valid (it's my new website with email forwarding) and the forwarding works because I can send a mail to it from hotmail...

Tried to research it on the Internet but its all WAY over my head...need some advice urgently...I figured there were so many IT geniuses on here, there had to be someone who could give me some advice...

Oh, it's Outlook from Office 97 if that makes any difference....

HELP! (did I mention that?)
Old 18 July 2001, 06:49 AM
Ga22ar
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds like you have it in Corporate and Workgroup (CWO) mode, it should be in Internet Mail Only (IMO)..

Try going to Tools|Options|Mail Services.. Click on the Reconfigure Mail Services button, follow the wizard and select IMO..

Slight issue with this process is that it works on Outlook 2000, not sure if it's gonna work on Outlook97.

Same principle thou.. Outlook is trying to find the Exchange server/connectivty in order to route the mail. you don't have that as yout using it for internet email. Outlook needs to be set in a mode in order to be able to send mail that way