Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Famous Faces

Search this Thread

Old 04 July 2001, 01:22 PM
Maxwell Straker
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

There I was on Saturday morning making fairly sedate progress along the M54 towards the M6. In the disatance I notice a white Transit towing a car trailer (without car). This vehicle is attracting my attention due to the eratic manner in which it is being driven, i.e. weaving widly across the road at about 75mph.

Thinking about safety I decide to pass the Transit as quickly as possible, I also decided that I would stare at the offending driver on the way past...as you do.

So, I am now pulling alongside and stare at the driver only to be greeted by a disgruntled looking Gwndaf Evans, you know, dodgy looking Welsh rallying ace!!!

What I would like to know is if any other Scoobynetters have seen famous people driving badly

PS - I also saw Clarkson (Jeremy that is) on the M40 one day in his Jag!!!
Old 04 July 2001, 03:26 PM
Yex
Scooby Regular

Talking

Did he know the trailer had no car on it ?
Old 04 July 2001, 03:34 PM
Ian Cook
Scooby Regular

Cool

Thats probably why he was swerving, trying to see where it fell off
Old 04 July 2001, 03:47 PM
BarryK
Scooby Regular

Smile

Well, partly.

I have seen Paul Scholes (of Man Utd and England fame) driving about, but he wasn't doing it badly. In fact he wasn't speeding and showed consideration for other road users.

So, no, he doesn't drive a Subaru.
Old 04 July 2001, 04:54 PM
brooks
Scooby Regular

Ex- housemate of mine was driving along the M40 a few years back. He over took an XJS going exactly 70mph. Thought it was odd so looked at who it was driving the car. Princess Di.
Old 04 July 2001, 05:53 PM
RonaldoH
Scooby Regular

Wink

Hehehe

Seen Becks in his Jeep in Alderley Edge parked up outside the local chippy...he had brookly with him, very cute kid.

Seen Giggs once or twice in Stockport, and Paul Ince used to have a Porsche with a number plate resembling GUV 1OR (looked like Guv'nor, he was a dick)

Schmeichel and Steve Bruce lived up my Aunties road in Bramhall. Peter used to have a rather comical flag oustside his house for Denmark.

Steve Coogan nearly ran me over in the west end once in a black 355, my mate shouted "Oi, Alan, watch where your going" and he turned looked and smiled...a very funny chap..

There are a few more, but none of any comical value...apart from Garcia last year lobbing his shoe into the crowd at Wentworth and seeing a chap lob it straight back at him, with attitude.

[This message has been edited by RonaldoH (edited 04 July 2001).]
Old 05 July 2001, 12:34 AM
blubs
Scooby Regular

Talking

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Maxwell Straker:
<B>There I was on Saturday morning making fairly sedate progress along the M54 towards the M6.[/quote]

I'm sorry. I cannot accept this statement

Max, you are a bloomin' fibber!!!

blubs

Old 06 July 2001, 09:21 AM
Maxwell Straker
Scooby Regular

72mph officer!!!!!!

I have just thought of another incident with a famous person.....

My Mum was run over by Kevin Keegan in his Datsun 240 in Mold one day whilst he was playing for Liverpool.......well not whilst he was actually playing, I mean he wouldn't have had his car on the pitch at Anfield would he, anyway I am sure you understand
Old 06 July 2001, 08:00 PM
alexf
Scooby Regular

I live near, and go drinking in, Worsley near Manchester so I see the likes of Ryan Giggs, Gary Neville, Dave Beckham etc round there quite a bit. Being a Man Utd fan the best thing was seeing the entire first team out on the lash a few years ago the night after beating Liverpool at Anfield. the sight of Peter Schmeichel hanging on to a lampost outside the Barton Arms whilst trying to call a cab will stay with me forever!
Also been stood next to John Thompson out of Cold Feet/The Fast Show waiting to get served - Nice!
Old 07 July 2001, 05:40 PM
Avi
Scooby Regular

Talking

Barton Arms Alex?? One of my local Haunts at the Weekend . Seen loads of the United lot in there, but don't see them as often now.

<I><B>Andy A</I></B>
Old 09 July 2001, 08:47 AM
Maxwell Straker
Scooby Regular

Alexf,

Did Mr Scmichael attract any taxi's with his big red beacon style konk then?????
Old 09 July 2001, 09:25 AM
simon_prickett
Scooby Regular

I once overtook Stuart Pearce while he was driving a courtesy car Fiesta in Nottingham, waved and got a wave back. Met him a few times, nice guy.

Simon.
Old 11 July 2001, 08:18 AM
p1 media
Scooby Regular

ha ha ha!

Should come and visit us in NW1, famous faces all over the place, Robbie, the Gallaghers, Harry Enfield, Robert Plant, Steps ! seen em all round here oh and btw my next door neighbour, just along the road a tadge lives ANGELINE JOLIE !!!!!

emmmmmm...........

Greg