Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Dual Fuel, NPower, British Gas

Search this Thread

Old 06 February 2003, 10:52 PM
Fast_Blue_Scooby
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thinking about changing my gas/electric so that they are under the same supplier. At the moment I am with British Gas for gas and npower for electricity.

I've done some calculations and British Gas seem to be the cheaper of the two. Plus you get to be able to check your bills/ pay online etc at their webpage www.house.co.uk

Has anyone any experience of swapping over suppliers and can give me any advice? Things such as if I give notice to npower, will they charge me any extra on top of what I owe them on the final bill etc.

Thanks in advance...
Old 07 February 2003, 07:45 AM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I take it that Npower is the default electricity supplier in your area?

Your local default electricity supplier is price controlled in their area for electricity (although not in other places) and British Gas is price controlled for gas. This is to open up the market where they are the incumbent.

Therefore, your local elec supplier will be the most expensive for electricity and British Gas most expensive for gas. Shop around with the non-incumbent suppliers.

I think the price controls end soon (if not already), can't remember when. MrsREV used to work for TXUEnergi so she used to tell me all this crap that I never listened to